[2022] Louisiana Monroe @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

56 -20

217yds

I jumped off the cliff at Hamilton's pool,  split my shorts up the seam to my waist and bruised a rib when I hit, then half swam, half dog-paddled to the shore and promptly puked up about a gallon of Coors light and burger king 2 for 4 buck whoppers.  Some guy on the shoreline asked me if I was from Louisiana.  

• Haha 6

Score Prediction: Texas 56 v ULM 17

Prop Bet:  Bijan- 179 yards total offense- 131 rushing 48 receiving

I'm attending the opener in person.  Have yet to see the new stadium in its glory at night, but I am looking forward to it for this game.  Really hoping that we see something special out of this group and have good season to show for it when it's all done.  Hook 'em.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fall camp is over. Week zero is over. The season is here. It is the official start of game week, and I get to go take my son (our first UT game ever together b/c he doesn’t really like sports- but maybe this year) to the mick off of the Quinn Ewers experience. I’m pretty excited even if it just is a directional Louisiana school. Let’s do this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas 38

LA 21

Bijan with 146 rushing; 90 receiving

I didn't have any family or friend connections to UT growing up.  One of the main reasons I became a Longhorn was because my elementary school librarian was a Sooner.  She would do this cool thing every year where she would play both Texas Fight and Boomer Sooner every day during the week of TX/OU.  As a Texan, I naturally gravitated towards the song of my state school.  The rest is history.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Horns Official] Week 1 Louisiana Monroe @ Texas Sponsored by Market Advantage
  • immamac changed the title to [Game Week 1] Louisiana Monroe @ Texas Sponsored by Market Advantage
1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Is there a post or thread somewhere with what the 995ers were told about yesterday's practice?

That'll be this one too. Fall camp is over. I'll unlock that thread once this one gets everyone in here. There are still camp related things that should go in there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Louisiana Monroe @ Texas Sponsored by Market Advantage
  • immamac changed the title to [2022] Louisiana Monroe @ Texas

45-7 ( everyone freaks out when ewers throws a pick 6, everyone thinks the defense is amazing after pitching a shut out except for the pick six)

Bijan with 165 yards rushing, 67 yards recieving 

Laramie kicks a 62 yard fg, is carried off by his teammates

Edited by Acropora

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Fall camp is over. Week zero is over. The season is here. It is the official start of game week, and I get to go take my son (our first UT game ever together b/c he doesn’t really like sports- but maybe this year) to the mick off of the Quinn Ewers experience. I’m pretty excited even if it just is a directional Louisiana school. Let’s do this. 

St Patricks Day Smile GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2022 at 5:08 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Score Prediction: Texas 52 v ULM 13

Prop Bet:  Bijan- 197 yards total offense- 47 rushing 150 passing.

True story- this week, I'm sitting by myself at a table at the Chinese Buffet in Humble Texas minding my own business, literally sitting with my head down looking at my phone and eating, while listening to Bobby Burton and Gerry Hamilton on their Youtube video talk about Ewers being named starter.  All of sudden I hear someone yell- fuck you mother fucker. I look around.  This sociopath is yelling at me. I look at him, completely confused.  Yeah you- cover your mouth when you fucking cough or I'm going to go over there and shut your fucking mouth for you.  He's screaming at the top of his lungs.  It's really weird, because he's sitting at a table with his 55 year old mom and dad, who don't look at him, talk to him, look at me, or do anything but continue to eat. I'm sitting at least 20 feet away.  By myself.  Didn't even know I coughed- not like I was sick or anything. One of the most bizarre experiences of my life.  How is this topical?  They were all wearing windbreakers and LSU hats on a 94 degree 82% humidity day in Houston.  The town is overrun with people that never left after Katrina.  I love visiting that state.  The food is awesome.  The party atmosphere is amazing.  The debauchery is off the hook.  But every time I go there I get the feeling I'm in a third world country.  Partying with LSU fans in Omaha?  Awesome.  Having 20k of them descend on Austin?  Not so great.  I look forward to beating their ass once we join the SEC. In the meantime I guess we will have to take out the trash and beat up on their regarded wimpy cousin that ever so much wanted to go to LSU but couldn't pass the 3rd grade proficiency test that 7 out of 10 LSU students use to get admitted to school there.  Beat ULM.  First game of the rest of the season.  Can't hardly wait. 

Texas wins 42-17

Bijan 173 total yards 

My story - Nobody should win who can't manage paragraph breaks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Hey does anyone know if this is the game week thread, and if so, if it's sponsored by anyone? 

It won’t be like this every week. Just trying to

let y’all know we are giving away $2,000 for free this football season- now that it’s been announced it’s been announced.  

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

IMO, we need to separate the news and notes game week thread from the predictions thread. No offense to anyone but I don't really need to keep up with this if it's just people posting their predictions. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

IMO, we need to separate the news and notes game week thread from the predictions thread. No offense to anyone but I don't really need to keep up with this if it's just people posting their predictions. 

The idea is for the prediction thread and game week thread to be different they were kinda mashed up for this first one to announce the sponsorship like wulaw said.