1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

That kid is obviously not a Clapton

Edited by Longhornstampede
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sounds like a typical CFB game day:

Full text:

The more and more I read about the founders of Texas the more human they become. The Texas Quote of the Day was written in 1838 by Reverend Littleton Fowler, a Methodist preacher in Houston, after taking a little boat journey with Sam Houston to Galveston Island:

"So soon as I recovered from my serious illness I took a trip to Galveston Island with the President [Sam Houston] and the members of Congress, and saw GREAT men in HIGH life. If what I saw and heard were a fair representation, may God keep me from such scenes in the future .... On our return on Sunday afternoon, about one -half on board got mildly drunk and stripped themselves to their linens and pantaloons. Their Bacchanalian revels and blood-curdling profanity mad the pleasure boat a floating hell ... I relapsed from the trip and was brought near to the valley of death."

---- William Ransom Hogan, "Amusements in the Republic of Texas,"  The Journal of Southern History, Vol. 3, No. 5

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

Sounds like a typical CFB game day:
Full text:
The more and more I read about the founders of Texas the more human they become. The Texas Quote of the Day was written in 1838 by Reverend Littleton Fowler, a Methodist preacher in Houston, after taking a little boat journey with Sam Houston to Galveston Island:
"So soon as I recovered from my serious illness I took a trip to Galveston Island with the President [sam Houston] and the members of Congress, and saw GREAT men in HIGH life. If what I saw and heard were a fair representation, may God keep me from such scenes in the future .... On our return on Sunday afternoon, about one -half on board got mildly drunk and stripped themselves to their linens and pantaloons. Their Bacchanalian revels and blood-curdling profanity mad the pleasure boat a floating hell ... I relapsed from the trip and was brought near to the valley of death."
---- William Ransom Hogan, "Amusements in the Republic of Texas,"  The Journal of Southern History, Vol. 3, No. 5

Sam Houston was an asshole.