Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

This game was lost because Washington controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball. You aren't winning many games get out rushed by nearly 100 yards, without multiple TOs. It also didn't help that Worthy played like shit. The difference in this game was his dropped TD.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

lack of awareness negates a free first down, followed by his trademark poor mechanics resulting in a terrible throw:

there's really no defending his poor play over the latter half of the schedule. the playbook has been greatly reduced, everything is quick-hitting, one read throws, and again, his mechanics and fundamentals are just plain terrible. if quinn were the QB at any other school there would be nobody here insisting that he's really good and that his coaches and teammates have let him down- xavier worthy notwithstanding.

Quinn played well enough for us to win. Wash's O clicked in the 2nd half. Our D couldn't stop them. Their receivers made catches, our didn't. 

I saw good things from Quinn. He was stepping into this throws, making quick decisions and was mostly on target. We didn't have a running game to take pressure off Quinn and he still did well.

We weren't going to win this game. As someone said, they owned both lines of scrimmage. We were in this game because of Quinn.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lack of awareness negates a free first down, followed by his trademark poor mechanics resulting in a terrible throw:

there's really no defending his poor play over the latter half of the schedule. the playbook has been greatly reduced, everything is quick-hitting, one read throws, and again, his mechanics and fundamentals are just plain terrible. if quinn were the QB at any other school there would be nobody here insisting that he's really good and that his coaches and teammates have let him down- xavier worthy notwithstanding.

Seek help

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Dude, he didn't play great but that was a throwaway with a DL in his face. It was actually a good play to save the short field goal instead of taking a sack and risking a fumble.

The lack of awareness to call for the snap when the defender was running off the field was awful.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Lol he’s backkkkk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Dude you are wrong. He’s a freshman.  He’s been fine. This game he was probably grading out overall as good (like a solid B). He outplayed Penis on the other side with no help from gameplan or Xay and bizarre design making as it relates to RB carry’s. I was hoping he was going to be special and the first quarter against Bama and then the OU buttfucking was so tantalizing, but end of the day he was fine for a frosh and not near as bad as you are saying he was. 

he misses wide open guys by huge margins on a regular basis. his footwork and mechanics are objectively terrible. he has not been good over the second half of the season. that's not me "making him out to be be" something, that's just facts. if he were a 3* recruit instead of a 1.000 5* recruit then everyone here would be clamoring for a transfer portal competitor/outright replacement. you have some serious blinders in when it comes to ewers.

Edited by shadow_operative

He definitely played better tonight than he played in any game post OU. He hit on 66% of his 47 passes and didn’t turn it over. That could have been 70%+ with another TD if X played anywhere near as great as he thinks he is. I was also happy to see him show a little more poise in the pocket, though he still has a tendency to bail on plays a beat too quick at times.

Right now, Quinn is not good enough to overcome our lack of talent and inconsistency at WR, but there is reason to believe his ceiling is well north of where he’s at today. His football IQ is a big question mark, and could be something that prevents him from reaching the potential that everyone saw in HS. Sark needs to spend a lot of time with him in the film room and working on his footwork in the off season.

He’s a work in progress, which is to be expected for any college QB with single digit starts under their belt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Watching the replay I think Quinn was worried they’d get flagged for illegal procedure for not being set on the snap. Tackles weren’t in their stance and RB had just motioned up as the husky was running off. May or may not have actually been called, I think they actually did eventually get set in time and could’ve snapped it quicker. He does have bad mechanics on many plays but on this one he was just throwing it away, no one open. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Dude, he didn't play great but that was a throwaway with a DL in his face. It was actually a good play to save the short field goal instead of taking a sack and risking a fumble.

The lack of awareness to call for the snap when the defender was running off the field was awful.

dude there's no DL in his face, just look at the screen cap. he simply made his trademark back foot throw because that's just what he does. 

we've devolved to the point where the QE sunshine pumpers are all repeating, "dude he wasn't even that bad!". that's where we're at now with QB Jesus, aka Texas Ron Powlus. in September he was supposed to be the second coming, but then no matter how poorly he plays or often he repeats the same poor mechanics and repeated mistakes, the excuses just pile up and the bar gets set lower and lower. nothing is ever his fault, and every mistake he repeatedly makes "really isn't that bad", and now he's "not doing that bad for a freshman." i'm sorry but y'all are completely self deluded, blinded by recruiting rankings. if he played for OU every one of you would say that he sucks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he misses wide open guys by huge margins on a regular basis. his footwork and mechanics are objectively terrible. he has not been good over the second half of the season. that's not me "making him out to be be" something, that's just facts. if he were a 3* recruit instead of a 1.000 5* recruit then everyone here would be clamoring for a transfer portal competitor/outright replacement. you have some serious blinders in when it comes to ewers.

Not really man. Go look at the post I made with the numbers for the last 10 Heisman winners as freshmen, he’s actually better than most. 
I wanted him to be special. He hasn’t been. That doesn’t mean he won’t be, just that he currently isnt.  
I bet he’s all conference next year. We need him to be all American. I’d bet against that based upon what I saw this year but your standard for a freshman just isn’t reasonable man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

we've devolved to the point where the QE sunshine pumpers are all repeating, "dude he wasn't even that bad!". that's where we're at now with QB Jesus, aka Texas Ron Powlus. in September he was supposed to be the second coming, but then no matter how poorly he plays or often he repeats the same poor mechs i've and mistakes, the excuses just pile up and the bar gets set lower and lower. nothing is ever his fault, and every mistake he repeatedly makes "really isn't that bad." i'm sorry but y'all are completely self deluded, blinded by recruiting rankings. if he played for OU every one of you would say that he sucks. 

well yeah everyone who plays for ou sucks

Just now, shadow_operative said:

we've devolved to the point where the QE sunshine pumpers are all repeating, "dude he wasn't even that bad!" that's where we're at now with QB Jesus, aka Texas Ron Powlus. in September he was supposed to be the second coming, but then no matter how poorly he plays or often he repeats the same poor mechs i've and mistakes, the excuses just pile up and the bar gets set lower and lower. nothing is ever his fault, and every mistake he repeatedly makes "really isn't that bad." i'm sorry but y'all are completely self deluded, blinded by recruiting rankings. if he played for OU every one of you would say that he sucks. 

Dude... I've been hating on QE all year long but tonight was not on him. He played well and even threw some accurate deep passes that we've been bitching about with him all year. Except Worthy dropped them. 

Tonight was on Sark's shitty playcalling and game management. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Not really man. Go look at the post I made with the numbers for the last 10 Heisman winners as freshmen, he’s actually better than most. 
I wanted him to be special. He hasn’t been. That doesn’t mean he won’t be, just that he currently isnt.  
I bet he’s all conference next year. We need him to be all American. I’d bet against that based upon what I saw this year but your standard for a freshman just isn’t reasonable man. 

i could not give a shit less about numbers, QE has failed the eyeball test literally the entire season outside of one quarter against Alabama. the same mistakes, the same shortcomings, the same lack of QB acumen all season long. he has been overtly, objectively subpar. below the standard of what any Texas QB should be. the worst QB since Case McCoy. so he gets some moderate numbers in Sark's offense. wow. how earth shattering. the guy is so far away from being up to standard that these excuses are just sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The hope for Ewers is having a Manning on campus starting in a couple of weeks will force him to have to work his ass off. Because it would be a shock if a Manning doesn't work his ass off. 

Young guys and Portal guys need to come in an make a huge difference next year. Other programs are doing it. We need to as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Sark yelled “Snap the ball!” At Majors as they came off, so it seems like he thought it was on Majors. Totally weird sequence though- Quinn was watching the UW guy run off like he knew the issue was there but wasn’t frantically clapping for the snap either.

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Dude... I've been hating on QE all year long but tonight was not on him. He played well and even threw some accurate deep passes that we've been bitching about with him all year. Except Worthy dropped them. 

This loss was on 3 things. 

Offensive line getting beaten

Defensive line getting beaten

Worthy being a bitch

That's it. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Red Five said:

If Worthy catches the ball tonight Ewers has 450 yards and 0 INTs.

What if's are for morons. Maybe if he wasnt so fucking shitty all year he wouldve actually built chemistry with other receivers and wouldnt have been throwing to Worthy's dumbass and relying on him to bail him out. Learn your players and build their trust. Ewers has been underwhelming all year, stop defending him. 

• Fuck You 1

What if's are for morons. Maybe if he wasnt so fucking shitty all year he wouldve actually built chemistry with other receivers and wouldnt have been throwing to Worthy's dumbass and relying on him to bail him out. Learn your players and build their trust. Ewers has been underwhelming all year, stop defending him. 

Sleep it off.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NorthLoop said:

you guys all keep saying things like, "tonight was not on him." who's talking about tonight's result besides y'all? i'm certainly not. the result is tangential. i'm talking about QE as a QB who just had a month tj prepare for this game. QE looked better tonight because Sark spent the last month reducing the playbook to even fewer, more simple plays than we had been running over the last couple of games of the regular season. QE probably averaged 2.5 seconds per drop back tonight. every pass was out very shortly after the snap, because QE can only look decent with a wildly stripped down version of Sark's playbook. 

look at Sark's record over the years. none of his previous QBs were as highly rated as quinn ewers, and yet damn near every single one of them (if not literally every single one of them) was a better QB than quinn ewers by the end of his second year in college. Sark has never had to dumb down his playbook like this, ever. yes, worthy sabotaged quinn, and the O line wasn't great. so what. neither was quinn, even when he had a clean pocket and ample time to make plays in this high school level offense that we're because QE needs it. i'm sorry but if you can't see how wildly subpar he is, you are just straight up delusional. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

fans GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

I've been down on Quinn most of the season including some moments during the first half tonight. 

Overall I thought he was phenomenal tonight for a RS frosh. I'm not sure if he's the future but I can't say that he isn't after tonight. He has something within him that's begging to be unlocked and I think there's a chance that Sark unlocks that shit. 

We've seen more erratic QBs lead their teams to national prominence. It's not a far cry to suggest that Quinn could be that guy for us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is the dumbest shit I’ve read yet.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

He's actually been pretty good this game. Worthy fucking sucks. 

I suck but please tell me his percentage on passes over 5 yards down field and why Washington wasn’t afraid of the pass and loaded the box all game and why we didn’t score??  Inability to pass the ball downfield these days equals no success.   I understand the numbers look promising but was there a difference from our frustrations all year really?   I didn’t see that growth and think Arch might be the starter half way thru next year at this point.  

Edited by Hook1997

Quinn had a few poor throws on 3rd downs, but was not the reason Texas lost tonight.  In fact, I saw some improvement from Quinn on several plays.  He needs to go to work this spring so he can have a great season in 2023.

Poor blocking (especially run blocking), some crucial dropped passes by Worthy, and the inability of the Horns Defense to get off the field on 3rd/4th downs were the biggest contributors to tonight's loss.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Red Five said:

Sleep it off.

Naw man, we are paying this dude a million dollars to go out there and provide zero leadership and urgency. We cant get him to second on the depth chart fast enough. We really need Manning to pan out or our program is going to be wandering in the darkness a lot longer. Most of you all dont understand the gravity of the situation. Does Quinn even remotely resemble a consensus 5 star? Hell no

4 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I shit on Ewers at the end of the season but he was pretty good tonight. If he played like that against Ok State and TCU were probably Big12 champs.

he didn't play like that in those games because we still hadn't dumbed down the playbook to the level that we did tonight. it's alarming to see how this entire thread is apparently oblivious as to how insanely simplified this offense has become due to QE's limitations. the playbook has gotten smaller and smaller and smaller as the year has gone on, to the point where damn near pass is a quick throw. forget reading defenses or going through progressions- we just want our QB to get rid of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you guys all keep saying things like, "tonight was not on him." who's talking about tonight's result besides y'all? i'm certainly not. the result is tangential. i'm talking about QE as a QB who just had a month tj prepare for this game. QE looked better tonight because Sark spent the last month reducing the playbook to even fewer, more simple plays than we had been running over the last couple of games of the regular season. QE probably averaged 2.5 seconds per drop back tonight. every pass was out very shortly after the snap, because QE can only look decent with a wildly stripped down version of Sark's playbook. 

look at Sark's record over the years. none of his previous QBs were as highly rated as quinn ewers, and yet damn near every single one of them (if not literally every single one of them) was a better QB than quinn ewers by the end of his second year in college. Sark has never had to dumb down his playbook like this, ever. yes, worthy sabotaged quinn, and the O line wasn't great. so what. neither was quinn, even when he had a clean pocket and ample time to make plays in this high school level offense that we're because QE needs it. i'm sorry but if you can't see how wildly subpar he is, you are just straight up delusional. 

This combined with your recent Xavier Worthy takes is certainly something. 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Thank you, most people here think this one stupid game is what we are talking about, when we are discussing his body of work and the likelihood he is remotely capable of leading Texas to anything of value

12 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Hitch your wagon to Ewers and see what happens, we will be shitty again next year. He is a medicore as fuck QB parading around like he is a 5 star million dollar NIL QB. The dude is fucking ass. 

That’s fine but tonight wasn’t an example of that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet