Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

There is some bitchass in the game thread. If you didn't watch the gane you would think Ewers threw 4 picks and missed eleventy billion receivers.

You should know reading a game thread is like smoking 4 packs a day, it'll kill you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Since getting back from injury in the RRS last year Quinn has now played a full season + bowl worth of games and is 10-3 while throwing for 3176/23/6 and adding another 6 TDs on the ground. 

If he keeps up his current rate this season and we reach the CCG he will finish around 3530/26/3 with 13 TDs on the ground. I am assuming the rushing TDs trend doesn't hold so it will likely get to 30+ TDs in the air and ~7 on the ground. 

Unless USC stumbles multiple times in the regular season the Heisman will belong to Caleb Williams again. Can Quinn get to NYC with a Big 12 title, 3500 yards and ~40 TDs, and 11+ wins? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Purely anecdotal and casual observation in my head currently but I’d be curious to see how his stats compare away from home vs at home. It feels like his qbr, etc would be much better in games away than they are at home. When I think of the more mediocre to bad performances he has had, they all feel like they were home games. TCU last year, Baylor last year, Wyoming and Rice this year. OU last year, at Bama, at Baylor…even the bowl game last year all feel like his better play. I feel like home games are a bit more of a struggle for some bizarre reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

Purely anecdotal and casual observation in my head currently but I’d be curious to see how his stats compare away from home vs at home. It feels like his qbr, etc would be much better in games away than they are at home. When I think of the more mediocre to bad performances he has had, they all feel like they were home games. TCU last year, Baylor last year, Wyoming and Rice this year. OU last year, at Bama, at Baylor…even the bowl game last year all feel like his better play. I feel like home games are a bit more of a struggle for some bizarre reason. 

Stillwater?

23 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Since getting back from injury in the RRS last year Quinn has now played a full season + bowl worth of games and is 10-3 while throwing for 3176/23/6 and adding another 6 TDs on the ground. 

If he keeps up his current rate this season and we reach the CCG he will finish around 3530/26/3 with 13 TDs on the ground. I am assuming the rushing TDs trend doesn't hold so it will likely get to 30+ TDs in the air and ~7 on the ground. 

Unless USC stumbles multiple times in the regular season the Heisman will belong to Caleb Williams again. Can Quinn get to NYC with a Big 12 title, 3500 yards and ~40 TDs, and 11+ wins? 

It's just so hard to win it twice. 3 of the top 5 Heisman candidates are in the Pac 12. The Pac 12 is so deep at the top end I don't see how any of Oregon, USC, or Washington finish undefeated. If Texas somehow finishes the season without losing, and Quinn puts up the stats he is on pace to put up, there is no way Quinn loses. 

50 minutes ago, Noozak said:

It's just so hard to win it twice. 3 of the top 5 Heisman candidates are in the Pac 12. The Pac 12 is so deep at the top end I don't see how any of Oregon, USC, or Washington finish undefeated. If Texas somehow finishes the season without losing, and Quinn puts up the stats he is on pace to put up, there is no way Quinn loses. 

christmas vacation GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noozak said:

USC will lose a couple this year. Williams is fantastic when he has all day but i've seen Utah break that dude's spirit. I don't think he's all that mentally and that people are getting way ahead of themselves with the Mahomes comparisons.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, sidis said:

I think that is more of a preparation thing for Ewers. He still growing into the job. Last year was bad at home in the opener. Then looked great vs Bama. You know Sark used camp to prepare for Bama. Looked terrible on the road vs OSU. Terrible at home vs TCU. Had a month of bowl prep and looked good vs Washington. This year bad vs Rice. Looked great vs Bama, but again they probably had been prepping Bama for a month. Wyoming was bad. Sark said 2 defenses surprised them in the first 3 games (based on results it was Rice and Wyoming). Quinn is still young enough that you can confuse him. When he knows what he is looking at, he has proven to he can execute. As the season progresses, it will be harder to confuse him. You could also throw in the 3 high safety look., that has given Sark's passing game fits

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

Just a reminder that if they can fuck Vince over....Ewers is no Vince. 

Oh 100%. Vince was in another universe.

Bush won because he illegally pushed Leinert across the end zone. Otherwise they lose that game, and Vince wins it easily and Texas destroys whoever would have been unlucky enough to end up in Pasadena.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Oh 100%. Vince was in another universe.

Bush won because he illegally pushed Leinert across the end zone. Otherwise they lose that game, and Vince wins it easily and Texas destroys whoever would have been unlucky enough to end up in Pasadena.

Bush won because ESPN started blowing him with “total yards” and he ran back a crapton of kicks, even though his average was below that of Texas’ kick returner..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Bush won because ESPN started blowing him with “total yards” and he ran back a crapton of kicks, even though his average was below that of Texas’ kick returner..

And his kick returns in the Rose Bowl weren’t even average. Texas’ special teams swarmed him like flies on fresh shit.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Let's not aggy this up. Ewers is having a good season and continues to improve, but he's not playing at a Heisman level. 

Eh, he's close.  His Passing Eff rating is 164.7, and Caleb Williams won the Heisman at 168.5, so Quinn's not far off.

Then again,  Williams is currently at 217.7, so Quinn's pretty far off.

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, he's close.  His Passing Eff rating is 164.7, and Caleb Williams won the Heisman at 168.5, so Quinn's not far off.

Then again,  Williams is currently at 217.7, so Quinn's pretty far off.

Yeah, but it doesn't just come down to numbers. It's primarily awarded by sportswriters who want a good narrative to go with the award. They want big games and highlight reels. How likely is Ewers to create that kind of hype? Our biggest games are coming in the first half of the season. The media won't care if we win the Big 12 because that's what we were supposed to do. 

Just now, Park Gothic said:

Yeah, but it doesn't just come down to numbers. It's primarily awarded by sportswriters who want a good narrative to go with the award. They want big games and highlight reels. How likely is Ewers to create that kind of hype? Our biggest games are coming in the first half of the season. The media won't care if we win the Big 12 because that's what we were supposed to do. 

Well, QB is prime Heisman material.  It's almost unfair.  If Quinn finishes in the 165 range, especially if the team only has one loss (and especially none), he's going to NYC.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, QB is prime Heisman material.  It's almost unfair.  If Quinn finishes in the 165 range, especially if the team only has one loss (and especially none), he's going to NYC.

2021 Stetson Bennett finished 176 rating, 14-1 record (won ncg)…wasnt even in top 10 of heisman votes. 

2020 Spencer Rattler…Justin Fields…not finalists

You gotta put up big ass numbers (TDs), show flashy wheels, or go undefeated, if youre competing against dudes with playstation stats

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

None of this matters. It is obviously going to Brooks after he gets 400 yards rushing against OU. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I think that is more of a preparation thing for Ewers. He still growing into the job. Last year was bad at home in the opener. Then looked great vs Bama. You know Sark used camp to prepare for Bama. Looked terrible on the road vs OSU. Terrible at home vs TCU. Had a month of bowl prep and looked good vs Washington. This year bad vs Rice. Looked great vs Bama, but again they probably had been prepping Bama for a month. Wyoming was bad. Sark said 2 defenses surprised them in the first 3 games (based on results it was Rice and Wyoming). Quinn is still young enough that you can confuse him. When he knows what he is looking at, he has proven to he can execute. As the season progresses, it will be harder to confuse him. You could also throw in the 3 high safety look., that has given Sark's passing game fits

Much better setting his feet too. Seemed like his footwork would totally break down if he was worried about the coverage. He's gotten better at it this year each game.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

If we win the RRS and Quinn has a good game, he should be the Heisman frontrunner. Sark is turning him into a dual threat QB, who the Heisman voters tend to like more than just pure pocket passers.

I like that Quinn feels more comfortable running it a bit more this year, but I think "Sark is turning him into a dual threat QB" is a bit of a stretch. He's not a very fast runner at all, but I like him seeing an opportunity and taking it for positive yards, then getting down without getting hurt. And while not a true dual-threat, the simple threat of run opens the game up a lot more. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I was just discussing this the other day with a client. Specifically, the late season Fresno State game resulted in an insane total yardage number because USC got scored on a bunch. His average yards/return was not even in the top half of college football players statistically, but he had a ton of them.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, scottsins said:

I was just discussing this the other day with a client. Specifically, the late season Fresno State game resulted in an insane total yardage number because USC got scored on a bunch. His average yards/return was not even in the top half of college football players statistically, but he had a ton of them.

Half the games leading up to Fresno State, Fat Lendale was the teams leading rusher. Then he racked 300 against them (and almost that in the following game).

That pushed him over the frontrunner list - same weekend Vince had a pedestrian game vs Tamu

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

My comp for him has always been mahomes because of throws like this. His success at the next level will be dependent on where he ends up. Somebody like the Rams would be preferable if Stafford has a year or so left and McVay sticks around long term. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet
Teddy Lehman weighs in on Quinn Ewers and is about as brilliant as you'd expect. Per Teddy, anybody could do what Quinn's doing. 

It’s OK - Sooner fans will see the real QE on Saturday. Can you imagine the “vanilla” play calls that our opponents have seen, except for Bama?

OUsucks better buckle up, or it’s going to be a long day for them!

Hook’em!!!

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Teddy Lehman weighs in on Quinn Ewers and is about as brilliant as you'd expect. Per Teddy, anybody could do what Quinn's doing. 

From what I've listened to I think Lehman and Ikard are pretty reasonable most of the time  You can tell Ikard doesn't agree.  

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You can see the smoke coming out of their ears just trying to form complete sentences. That’s a tough watch.