Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

On 11/6/2022 at 2:36 PM, Codaxx said:

I didn’t go through it, but the mystery of the 2nd half was likely straight up mistakes. Worthy fumble and I believe 4 pre-snap penalties vs none in the first half. This wasn’t the OSU game where the offense looked lost at times. Their biggest drive might have been the almost 4.5 minute drive to start the 4Q that ended in a FG and put Texas up 10 pts 

Even on the field goal drive we commit a "should've known better" mistake that prevents the TD. If we follow the time old principles of blocking from the inside out Quinn hits Bijan for a TD. Instead we take the outside guy giving the inside rusher a free super-highway straight to QE, who gets hit just as he is releasing the ball. Now that's 3 instead of 7. 

1st series- We get a first down on a Bijan run and then get a false start 1st and 15. We then get a second penalty after getting it to 3rd and 1. 3rd and 6 QE scrambles and gets it to Worthy on the crosser and Worthy fumbles. 

2nd series- After marching into KS territory we get another false start. 1st and 15 we throw a deep ball to Worthy who gives up before the ball even hits the ground. 2nd and 15 box is loaded and Bijan barely gets back to the line. 3rd and 15 we actually have a great screen call but the defender actually grabs Bijan and holds him so he can't get the pass. Incomplete. 

3rd series- We get a penalty on 2nd down 2nd and 15. Beautiful screen to Bijan for 13. 3rd and 2, Bijan needs to remember he only needs 2 yards. Sometimes he can get cute instead of hitting the hole hard like Rojo does. This is one of those times. Bijan dances in the backfield against a loaded box and gets tackled at the LOS. If he comes downhill immediately he picks up the 1st. 

4th series- This is the series we march all the way down and get QE rocked on busted pass pro and have to kick the field goal. 

5th- We don't get the ball back for 6 minutes. This is the 3 straight Bijan runs. 

So we only had 5 series. fumble, penalty, penalty then player execution, player execution, and player execution. We shot ourselves in the foot each and every time. Our first halves are great due to good prep and play design vs the looks we are going to get. However, once the opposition adjust as good teams do, it is largely about your vs ours at that point and that's where we struggle. They start dialing in and getting more aggressive, and we start playing tight and making mistakes. Hopefully we get Savion some snaps because someone needs to challenge the princess to step his game up. Trotting when he thinks a ball is beyond him instead of running through it and seeing if he can get there. Trotting on plays not coming his way. Fumbling the football. He is so damn gifted but GD is he lazy for 3/4s the game. As fast as he is he should almost never be overthrown but he is running 3/4s.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Even on the field goal drive we commit a "should've known better" mistake that prevents the TD. If we follow the time old principles of blocking from the inside out Quinn hits Bijan for a TD. Instead we take the outside guy giving the inside rusher a free super-highway straight to QE, who gets hit just as he is releasing the ball. Now that's 3 instead of 7. 

1st series- We get a first down on a Bijan run and then get a false start 1st and 15. We then get a second penalty after getting it to 3rd and 1. 3rd and 6 QE scrambles and gets it to Worthy on the crosser and Worthy fumbles. 

2nd series- After marching into KS territory we get another false start. 1st and 15 we throw a deep ball to Worthy who gives up before the ball even hits the ground. 2nd and 15 box is loaded and Bijan barely gets back to the line. 3rd and 15 we actually have a great screen call but the defender actually grabs Bijan and holds him so he can't get the pass. Incomplete. 

3rd series- We get a penalty on 2nd down 2nd and 15. Beautiful screen to Bijan for 13. 3rd and 2, Bijan needs to remember he only needs 2 yards. Sometimes he can get cute instead of hitting the hole hard like Rojo does. This is one of those times. Bijan dances in the backfield against a loaded box and gets tackled at the LOS. If he comes downhill immediately he picks up the 1st. 

4th series- This is the series we march all the way down and get QE rocked on busted pass pro and have to kick the field goal. 

5th- We don't get the ball back for 6 minutes. This is the 3 straight Bijan runs. 

So we only had 5 series. fumble, penalty, penalty then player execution, player execution, and player execution. We shot ourselves in the foot each and every time. Our first halves are great due to good prep and play design vs the looks we are going to get. However, once the opposition adjust as good teams do, it is largely about your vs ours at that point and that's where we struggle. They start dialing in and getting more aggressive, and we start playing tight and making mistakes. Hopefully we get Savion some snaps because someone needs to challenge the princess to step his game up. Trotting when he thinks a ball is beyond him instead of running through it and seeing if he can get there. Trotting on plays not coming his way. Fumbling the football. He is so damn gifted but GD is he lazy for 3/4s the game. As fast as he is he should almost never be overthrown but he is running 3/4s.

I would love to know if Quinn can audible on some of these. I happen to think that is not the case. Jones doesnt go inside out on that 3rd and goal play. That said KSU is bringing more defenders, than Texas has blockers. Bijan is being being covered by a DE. Quinn might have had the time to make that throw, if Jones went inside out. That said the Railroad concept takes a little while to develop. Checking into another play might have been beneficial. 

56 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I would love to know if Quinn can audible on some of these. I happen to think that is not the case. Jones doesnt go inside out on that 3rd and goal play. That said KSU is bringing more defenders, than Texas has blockers. Bijan is being being covered by a DE. Quinn might have had the time to make that throw, if Jones went inside out. That said the Railroad concept takes a little while to develop. Checking into another play might have been beneficial. 

It definitely feels like there’s plays that we should check out of, but we don’t. Not sure how much falls on Sark versus Ewers. 

12 hours ago, Laga4 said:

You just can’t compare teams like that.  Players on the ‘63  National Championship team thought Nobis  was strange because he lifted weights. 

Yeah, and he warmed up for practice by slamming his shoulder pads repeatedly into the oak trees at Grob Field.

12 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

As hard as it is to believe, Ewers is having a worse year this season than Thompson did last season. Hell, Ewers is having the worst season by a Texas qb since Swoopes in 2015. Hes playing like a true fish. Give him time and patience and hope he throws to more WRs than just Worthy the rest of the season

He kicked OU's ass, was kicking Bama's ass as well.  

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It definitely feels like there’s plays that we should check out of, but we don’t. Not sure how much falls on Sark versus Ewers. 

Based on Sark's post-game presser, he was certainly protecting Quinn. He mentioned KSU led the league in Interceptions twice. So some I am 100% convinced the late 4Q  3rd down runs were on Sark, maybe he goes for it on 4th down if it was not a negative gain on 3rd. That also gives me the feeling that Sark is not ready to hand over the keys to Ewers, which means there will be a few plays that are wasted every game. 

Edited by Codaxx

2 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I won't pretend to know shit about football stats, but throwing up a chart that suggests Ewers is comparing at Tyrone Swoopes level of production suggests you're letting the numbers get in the way of reality here 

Yep, a common apples/oranges thing.

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

Based on Sark's post-game presser, he was certainly protecting Quinn. He mentioned KSU led the league in Interceptions twice. So some I am 100% convinced the late 4Q  3rd down runs were on Sark, maybe he goes for it on 4th down if it is a negative. That also gives me the feeling that Sark is not ready to hand over the keys to Ewers, which means there will be a few plays that are wasted every game. 

Agreed. 
Has Sark ever had to deal with a freshman starter?

13 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Wut?

Pull up Casey’s stats against any defense with a pulse last year and compare them to Quinn this year against Bama, ISU and KSU and tell me who is better.  I already put that other jackass on ignore.

Not to mention we are comparing a RS-FR to a RS-JR from last year.  Hell, he’s outperforming Casey this year.  This board is AIDS.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Vince McCoy said:

A. Never said start Card, agree 

B. Excuses that didn’t affect the competition 

C. Last Conference Title 2009, Last top 5 win at home 1999, that’s a generation.

This game is not crucial for the title, more for recruiting 

Lol, yes, you're correct that those excuses didn't affect the competition, because the competition didn't have to face them. OSU and KSU were playing at home. Of course they weren't affected by away crowds. 

We played a top 5 team at home 8 weeks ago and for the conference title four years ago. How are those generational opportunities? 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Lol, yes, you're correct that those excuses didn't affect the competition, because the competition didn't have to face them. OSU and KSU were playing at home. Of course they weren't affected by away crowds. 

We played a top 5 team at home 8 weeks ago and for the conference title four years ago. How are those generational opportunities? 

We didn’t win either one. No top five win at home since 1999, before all of these recruits were even born. That’s a generation.

• Fuck You 21

12 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

God damn that new fuck is a beating. Will y’all crowd source this idiot. 

Our forefathers fought and died for the right for people like you and me to express our opinions freely, even if we disagree with them. I realize this is a private forum.

Censorship because you got your feelings hurt is taking it a bit too far.

• Fuck You 33

26 minutes ago, Vince McCoy said:

Our forefathers fought and died for the right for people like you and me to express our opinions freely, even if we disagree with them. I realize this is a private forum.

Censorship because you got your feelings hurt is taking it a bit too far.

yes freedom of speech exists but so do consequences if you act like a cockholster

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

yes freedom of speech exists but so do consequences if you act like a cockholster

Ok I admit I’m north of forty (so I’m a man), but I’m going to need an explanation as to why acting like a cock is inferior to acting like a cockholster.

I mean…isn’t a cockholster just something that holds a cock? Like briefs? Or jeans? Or a pussy. 

In that case, why not just call him a pussy?

Or is cockholster what the youngs call a pussy?

So much to learn.

Thanks in advance for the explanation.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Ok I admit I’m north of forty (so I’m a man), but I’m going to need an explanation as to why acting like a cock is inferior to acting like a cockholster.

I mean…isn’t a cockholster just something that holds a cock? Like briefs? Or jeans? Or a pussy. 

In that case, why not just call him a pussy?

Or is cockholster what the youngs call a pussy?

So much to learn.

Thanks in advance for the explanation.

Would you rather be South Austin or South Austin's Mom?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Probably not as a freshman. There is no "hot" for a free rusher to the inside. We HAVE TO block inside out. I have watched a lot of football this year and I don't think I've seen another team all season that allows as many untouched rushers through the middle of its line as Texas does. I get they are young but damn! 

On 11/6/2022 at 12:50 PM, Ghost of Shag said:

And some of you are so used to shitty quarterback play you haven’t seen what a five star quarterback is able to do as a freshman nowadays. These kids come out of high school able to progress through reads and throw an accurate deep ball.

Quinn’s deep ball is atrocious, his mechanics are some of the worst I’ve seen for a kid this highly touted and he rarely looks to extend plays. His accuracy has been sub-par thus far.

He has been underwhelming by today’s standards, and if it keeps up there will absolutely be a QB battle next fall, assuming we pull Manning in.

Yes and no. 

His mechanics are often garbage. His deep balls aren’t accurate.

Short to Mid range, he’s lethal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

First six STARTS for these Texas QBs:

Ewers: 110-173 (58%), 1,336 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs (***** recruit, 1.000 rating)

Card: 92-139 (66%), 1,127 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT (**** recruit, 0.9721 rating)

Thompson: 103-162 (64%), 1,456 yards, 16 TDs, 6 INTs (**** recruit, 0.9021 rating)

Ehlinger: 133-239 (56%), 1,658 yards, 7 TDs, 6 INTs (**** recruit, 0.9446 rating)

Buechele: 123-193 (64%), 1,500 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs (**** recruit, 0.9250 rating)

I know I know, we have a long time to go with QE. But his first six starts are definitely underwhelming for a guy who was rated as a "perfect" recruit. I am confident he will get better and can't wait to see it. 

#jaguarsguygif

Now do sacks… points… and defenses faced.

If you can’t see the upgrade at the position compared to last year, or even compared to Card this year, you probably should stop posting about football.

You people are bizarre.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Fico said:

#jaguarsguygif

Now do sacks… points… and defenses faced.

If you can’t see the upgrade at the position compared to last year, or even compared to Card this year, you probably should stop posting about football.

You people are bizarre.

Point is, he had A LOT of hype coming in. I know he is young, but so were most of those other QBs. Nothing wrong with expecting more from him, I surely have. But, like I said, he will get better and YES, I prefer him to Card. I was simply showing the stats. 

4 minutes ago, Dignan said:

Point is, he had A LOT of hype coming in. I know he is young, but so were most of those other QBs. Nothing wrong with expecting more from him, I surely have. But, like I said, he will get better and YES, I prefer him to Card. I was simply showing the stats. 

I dont mind. Even cherry with picking stats, the worst player on the list is the only one to start an NFL game. 

1 hour ago, Dignan said:

And he's played half a season. 

Your post was awful.

3 hours ago, Dignan said:

First six STARTS for these Texas QBs:

Ewers: 110-173 (58%), 1,336 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs (***** recruit, 1.000 rating)

Card: 92-139 (66%), 1,127 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT (**** recruit, 0.9721 rating)

Thompson: 103-162 (64%), 1,456 yards, 16 TDs, 6 INTs (**** recruit, 0.9021 rating)

Ehlinger: 133-239 (56%), 1,658 yards, 7 TDs, 6 INTs (**** recruit, 0.9446 rating)

Buechele: 123-193 (64%), 1,500 yards, 13 TDs, 5 INTs (**** recruit, 0.9250 rating)

I know I know, we have a long time to go with QE. But his first six starts are definitely underwhelming for a guy who was rated as a "perfect" recruit. I am confident he will get better and can't wait to see it. 

Dumb list is dumb.

Ole buddy is standing behind an inexperienced line. Instead of taking sacks he is throwing the ball away or throwing it early. Despite all the times someone has come completely untouched he's only been sacked 2 or 3 times. If he didn't throw the ball away all the time his completion percentage would be in the high 60's. 

The stat most of us care about is the guy is (if you take the Bama game out because he was in there for a quarter and playing well) 4-1 as a starter. In his worst start we still barely lost. He throws with great anticipation and touch. In fact, you could say that's part of the problem with incompletions. Ball is out before the receivers are even looking for it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Dumb list is dumb.

Ole buddy is standing behind an inexperienced line. Instead of taking sacks he is throwing the ball away or throwing it early. Despite all the times someone has come completely untouched he's only been sacked 2 or 3 times. If he didn't throw the ball away all the time his completion percentage would be in the high 60's. 

The stat most of us care about is the guy is (if you take the Bama game out because he was in there for a quarter and playing well) 4-1 as a starter. In his worst start we still barely lost. He throws with great anticipation and touch. In fact, you could say that's part of the problem with incompletions. Ball is out before the receivers are even looking for it. 

I never said one thing negative about him. Just posted stats. 

36 minutes ago, Dignan said:

Those stats were all from the first six starts of each qb. Not sure how “half a season” comes into this. Awful post. 

No context for starters.

As previously mentioned you did not account for the strength of the defenses faced.

You also lumped in an upperclassman (Casey Thompson) with several freshman or redshirt freshman. 

It was a completely lazy and disengenuous take. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet