Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I look at his face and there is absolutely no way that man cares about football much less winning football games.

The absolute lack of emotion is very concerning. His demeanor reminds me of Jay Cutler, who also gave off that l could care less what happens vibe, except Jay was obviously a much better player. Card gets hyped, puts his body on the line and runs the ball when needed, shows emotion that others can feed off of. Even if Card can't throw the ball as far as Ewers, he at least seems show he cares about doing whatever is needed to win the game.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pathetic Shark said:

It’s almost like he is a freshman who has played only five or six games.  Thank god he is consistently  bailed out by our sure handed receivers and a running game that delivers in Crunch time.

It's almost like he has regressed more each game.

• Hook 'Em 2

The question was whether he thought about putting Card in the game and why he didn’t do so. Sark thinks he knows every damn thing. They asked why sark did not put Card  in the game at all. Not specifically the last few minutes. Jeez! 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I did think and said to mdleast as we were watching that Ewers might be Garrett Gilbert 2.0. All the talent in the world but incredibly fragile. 

I think hes closer to GG than Swoopes. 

Swoopes still remains the worst, like rolling a beanbag on the field. 

GG 2nd worst, just couldnt hit targets. 

Ewers has shown to be better (vs KSU was very competent) but on his bad days he sure does a GG impression. 

• Hook 'Em 1

When we were bidding for Ewers last year I caught a lot of hell for questioning his mental toughness because of his struggles at OSU. I’m not talking about his play; there was a lot of discussion about his mental struggles with adjusting to college and being far from home. Top tier guys move all over the country and perform. Maybe he eventually gets over it, but he’s obviously not handling the pressure of the college game.

• Hook 'Em 6

In the OU game, Quinn was passed to everyone, spreading the fucking love. OU couldn't stop us because we had so many fucking weapons. 

Since OU, Quinn is all in on Worthy. When that shit doesn't work, he'll eventually start to look at Sanders. Then he goes on all in on Sanders, even we he's double and triple covered. You can't tell me that no one else in this fucking offense can get open on pass routes? 

Quinn's head is absolutely fucked right now. Sark needs to hammer his ass on how fucking shitty his reads are. 

• Hook 'Em 4

The problem with all of us, media and fans, is we saw the OU performance and didn't take it for what it truly was, a win against the worst defense we would play all season. It was not indicative of what Ewers was. It was indicative of how bad OU was. Even in that game, Ewers was not accurate, outside of the TD pass to Sanders. A lot of those plays was our RBs and WRs adjusting to make a great play. Yet we're all so desirous of us being good again and having "the answer at QB" that we all overrated what Ewers did. That was the outlier. The mean is what we've seen the rest of the season. And that's normal with a freshman QB. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The question was whether he thought about putting Card in the game and why he didn’t do so. Sark thinks he knows every damn thing. They asked why sark did not put Card  in the game at all. Not specifically the last few minutes. Jeez! 

It wouldn't be fair to fire you for being a total dumbass but we may have to do it at some point, Sark.  With the amount of talent we have, we should not have 4 losses right now.  Every single game has been winnable.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

He’ll go to another school and play his way into the NFL?

Probably.  But who cares what players do when they leave Texas?  I'm a Texas fan.  Not a fan of players that used to play here.  I am when they do something at Texas, like Deonte Foreman.

• Hook 'Em 2

i'm not sure he's made a single throw all season that's been mechanically correct. his footwork is garbage. everything is thrown off balance/off his back foot. it's like he's not getting any coaching. just out there slinging the ball around off his back foot and missing open guys/over throwing open guys with regularity. 

beyond this, tonight he seemed mentally weak. he looked scared and hurt. we were down two fucking touchdowns and the kid looked like his dog had just died and we were down by 70. he looked depressed, like he didn't want to be out there, when we 100% were still in contention to win. the guy needs to humble himself and realize that he doesn't actually know shit about playing QB at a high level. get rid of the stupid ass goofy haircut and beard, start taking yourself seriously, and start studying and practicing like you're a walk on trying to earn a scholarship. the kid has so, so far to go before he's ready to be a major d-1 qb.

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

He obviously has talent. Easy to see. What you can't see is what goes on in his head. The tale of the talented kid, who lacks the self-awareness to correct his mistakes is as old as time.

Don't know what they have to do; sit him down and explain the difference between NIL money and an NFL career? Paint a picture for him that HS ranking is not a guarantee of anything?

I posted in one of the other threads earlier in the year that I didn't like his choices from the time he became The Recruit, and that he honestly doesn't look like a kid that puts in even a modicum of work in the gym.

It's easy to pick on the beard and haircut, but those things are clearly about "the brand." This is really the wrong kid to give anything that he hasn't earned. QB #1 especially.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet