Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

He has to know right now his draft stock is absolute shit right now. His arm talent may be great but In all the other ways you measure a QB (a successful winning franchise QB) he’s not showing any of that. Imo. The OU game sure. But OU didn’t even show up and they are in deep shit this year. the way our defense played tonite we should have won. Ewers and Sark grabbed our hand and jumped off the cliff with us. They pissed away the game. Period. Yea there were critical drops and a really bad ref call. But fuck it. Most of the coaches in the Big 12 outside of Sark could have won this damn game. No excuses. 

Edited by Nicole44

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The next time Ewers throws an errant deep ball, I would bench him. Stop forcing a ball you can't make. Throw intermediate passes and for fuck's sake, look for Bijan. 

Problem is he plays in an offense that requires those throws. And so far his coach doesn't seem to know how to get him to make them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Arch and his family would like for him to redshirt. Quinn being hammered dog shit who appears to not be improving at all isn't going to make that easy. and again, if he showed like any fire or give-a-fuck at all then it would be a lot easier to want to rally around him and support him, but he seems to lack character both on and off the field. not like he's out here kicking puppies, but like he cares more about looking cool and making NIL dollars than he does studying film. and on the field he looks like the last person you'd want leading your team. out there looking just zoned out and intimidated. tOSU fans are probably howling right now.

Edited by shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

There's a reason OSU had Quinn below Kyle McCord and Jack Miller (and obviously Stroud) on the depth chart.  We're finding why out now.  He's comfortable with the out route and quick out, and not a whole lot more.

He was a high schooler, and the coaches didn’t even want him to come because he wasn’t ready. 

• Hook 'Em 1

some questions/comments:

- is he really making $1 million / year based on NIL? If so, who is stupid enough to pay him (serious)

- obvious Ohio State coaches knew something; he never saw the field (except 2 plays).

- the most overrated 5 star QB of all time and to think he has a perfect 5.000 rating, only VY had that, which is a huge insult to VY.  Only dorks take these rankings that seriously as truth. 

- his mechanics suck shit. If you are a serious QB , you should have perfect Tom Brady mechanics by 8th grade.  I did, and I'm just a regular dude who can't throw it too far but deadly accurate with a perfect spiral!  His footwork is also garbage; again, mine is better. 

- When is his eligibilty up , last year is 2024? He's going to make $2-3 million in college and not make a penny in the NFL meaning he's going to squeeze as much time on the 40 as he can. He only showed up here for the money. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We won that game in Lincoln, as a 10 point dog, in Bo Pelini's Holy War.

Gilbert didn't have his A game that afternoon but he made plays with his arm, and his feet, to win a game that no one, I mean no one, thought we would. 

And he didn't even drive a Lamborghini....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I remember in the earlier games that announcers were praising Quinn by saying nothing phases him, he's got the same fucking demeanor all the time. Yea, well that's great when things are going well. When things aren't, I'd like to see a little urgency, daresay a little fire, even.

When we were in the red zone, he dropped that hike and casually picked up the football as the Dline was diving all out to get it. I was thinking, Motherfucker, fall on that damn ball with a sense of fucking urgency, not like you're picking up a quarter from the got damned ground.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

I remember in the earlier games that announcers were praising Quinn by saying nothing phases him, he's got the same fucking demeanor all the time. Yea, well that's great when things are going well. When things aren't, I'd like to see a little urgency, daresay a little fire, even.

When we were in the red zone, he dropped that hike and casually picked up the football as the Dline was diving all out to get it. I was thinking, Motherfucker, fall on that damn ball with a sense of fucking urgency, not like you're picking up a quarter from the got damned ground.

Chief in One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest was also unphased. 

Ryan Day saw all of this. He had Quinn dead last on the depth chart even though last year all the other QBs were freshmen - so he wasn't going against seasoned QBs. He was a little late getting to campus, but if he was supposed to be the best QB prospect since VY, he would not have been dead last on the depth chart.

QUARTERBACK Depth Chart

C.J. Stroud (6-3, 218, R-Fr.)

Kyle McCord (6-3, 215, Fr.)

Jack Miller (6-3, 215, R-Fr.)

Quinn Ewers (Fr)

Also, reading between the lines, he was being nice by saying he wasn't even close to being ready. 

“We’re trying to get him as much information as we can, but there’s a lot of catching up to be done there."

Didn't seem to be too upset to lose him, too - kind of an odd quote TBH:

"He was in a very unique situation, for sure. ... We certainly wish him nothing but the best of luck."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

We won that game in Lincoln, as a 10 point dog, in Bo Pelini's Holy War.

Gilbert didn't have his A game that afternoon but he made plays with his arm, and his feet, to win a game that no one, I mean no one, thought we would. 

And he didn't even drive a Lamborghini....

that's one intangible that Ewers does NOT have

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

TLDR: he sucks.

Cut the hair, too. You can look that ridiculous when you’re a rockstar. When you suck, it just makes you look like a piece of shit.

Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yikes….

I’m taking into account the inexcusable drops as well. But shit. And he wants NFL money? Is he gonna portal now that his draft stock has taken a huge hit? 

It's laughable that people are talking Ewers and the NFL in the same sentence. Terrible pocket presence. Limited ability to see and read the field. Footwork, fundamentals. Lacks mobility. Deep balls often land in another zip code. And on.

But he does have a Lamborghini.  There's that.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob.

Exactly, poster with the correct name.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

There's a reason OSU had Quinn below Kyle McCord and Jack Miller (and obviously Stroud) on the depth chart.  We're finding why out now.  He's comfortable with the out route and quick out, and not a whole lot more.

Exactly - 4th string (dead last) on the depth chart with 3 other freshmen. And Day not exactly sad to see him go. Day knew what was up.

"He was in a very unique situation, for sure. ... We certainly wish him nothing but the best of luck."

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Don't look now but Heupel is turning out to be not only a really good HC but also a pretty damned good OC. I'm worried about losing Arch to Tenn.

Ironically, if that should happen then Sark will have his Herman-Ewers fallout moment.

32 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Don't look now but Heupel is turning out to be not only a really good HC but also a pretty damned good OC. I'm worried about losing Arch to Tenn.

It doesn't matter how many (more) 4 or 5-stars come here, including Manning, since we've become so adept at coaching them down. It's a great bell and whistle thing to put on our billboards and propaganda but players that come here are failing, not succeeding. That's the reality and there's a running, 13 year track record to support that. 

I want to be excited but am more than numbed by years and years of mediocrity. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet