Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This Philly guy is bringing the hate. I’m no Cowboys fan but, if they play Tampa in the playoffs I will root for Dallas to end Brady’s day.

12 minutes ago, futureman said:

fify

True. I just didn’t want to come off as rubbing it in, not that the Steelers have done much the last decade, so I can’t really gloat.

Yea that’s true. But I’m not sure the 1 seed would help us that much. If we’re gonna win playoff games we’ll do it regardless of seed.
Well it would help by having to play one less game and getting them both at home. I get it hasn't helped in the past but that's always the goal no matter what happened in the past. We keep saying we don't have a ton of luck at home in the playoffs but we haven't won a road playoff game since 1992 NFC championship game.

How is the best night of the year?  I have to choose between the Cowboys and Longhorns, and miss the Mavs game.  I don’t care about the Stars.
Texas starts an hour after Dallas at least. And college games are much longer than NFL games. It will be going well after the Dallas game is over.

15 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

How is the best night of the year?  I have to choose between the Cowboys and Longhorns, and miss the Mavs game.  I don’t care about the Stars.

It's weird how there doesn't seem to be much overlap between Stars fans and Mavs fans. Guess due to 3 basketball teams in Texas Mavs fans are pretty much only Dallas and surrounding areas while Stars fans seem to come from all over the state. 

24 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

It's weird how there doesn't seem to be much overlap between Stars fans and Mavs fans. Guess due to 3 basketball teams in Texas Mavs fans are pretty much only Dallas and surrounding areas while Stars fans seem to come from all over the state. 

I’m old enough that it wasn’t real feasible to play hockey when I was a kid.  When the Stars moved here it became more accessible.  I have a hard time really getting into a sport that I never played.  That being said, if you call me up and tell me you have an extra ticket for a playoff game, I’d be happy to go and will buy the beer.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well it would help by having to play one less game and getting them both at home. I get it hasn't helped in the past but that's always the goal no matter what happened in the past. We keep saying we don't have a ton of luck at home in the playoffs but we haven't won a road playoff game since 1992 NFC championship game.

I agree with you and if we were fans of a normal team I would be more upset about it, but these are the cowboys and if they are good enough to win then they’ll win. I don’t think I can bring myself to think that they would have been good enough to get to the nfc championship or Super Bowl if only they started from the 1 instead of the 5, that the seed made the difference and not the team shitting themselves.

The first game against the nfc south should be easy, so the game spared shouldn’t be the thing that stops us from our goal.

45 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I agree with you and if we were fans of a normal team I would be more upset about it, but these are the cowboys and if they are good enough to win then they’ll win. I don’t think I can bring myself to think that they would have been good enough to get to the nfc championship or Super Bowl if only they started from the 1 instead of the 5, that the seed made the difference and not the team shitting themselves.

The first game against the nfc south should be easy, so the game spared shouldn’t be the thing that stops us from our goal.

Of the 64 or so teams that had a 1 seed since 1990, 32 made the Super Bowl.

Not sure on appearances but believe the 5 seed has only won the Super Bowl twice, and 6 seed has won it twice.

1 seed is a big leg up.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Not sure on appearances but believe the 5 seed has only won the Super Bowl twice, and 6 seed has won it twice.

1 seed is a big leg up.

Maybe that has as much to do with the quality of the team that earned the seed as it does the seed itself or the draw. 

Cowboys as 1 seed- 100% chance to advance wildcard weekend, around a 4 point favorite at home round 2.

Cowboys as 5 seed- Three straight road games most likely. Not happening. Is the last road playoff win for Dallas the 1992 season? Been forever for 1 road playoff playoff win much less three in a row.

Don't mean to be a Debbie downer but why we should enjoy the regular season at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

1 seed is a big leg up.

Exactly. Having the 1 seed is a huge advantage. No matter what happens and if you fuck it up, like we did in 2007 and 2016. It is still better to skip wild card weekend and playing a home game in the divisional round. 

Even the 2 seed is a leg up since you are guaranteed to have the first 2 games at home shall you win the wild card game. And can possibly have the conference championship at home if the 1 seed gets knocked off. 

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Cowboys as 1 seed- 100% chance to advance wildcard weekend, around a 4 point favorite at home round 2.

Cowboys as 5 seed- Three straight road games most likely. Not happening. Is the last road playoff win for Dallas the 1992 season? Been forever for 1 road playoff playoff win much less three in a row.

Don't mean to be a Debbie downer but why we should enjoy the regular season at this point.

Yes, 1992 NFC championship to knock off SF was our last road win in the playoffs. 30 years ago. 

A common theme of our divisional losses is our interior gets their ass whipped. We get little pass rush up the middle and the opponent controls the trenches and we have a hard time doing anything. This was also the theme of our Niners loss last year. Yet, we still don't take the DT position seriously. 

1 seed is a big leg up.

You have to look at 2 seeds as well as they had a bye as well until recently.

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yes, 1992 NFC championship to knock off SF was our last road win in the playoffs. 30 years ago. 

A common theme of our divisional losses is our interior gets their ass whipped. We get little pass rush up the middle and the opponent controls the trenches and we have a hard time doing anything. This was also the theme of our Niners loss last year. Yet, we still don't take the DT position seriously. 

Outside of elite QB play, a superior pass rush is gold come the postseason and the Cowboys really haven't had either since the mid 90s. Maybe Demarcus Ware and yeah he won a Super Bowl once you put Von Miller on the other side. Guys like Aaron Donald, Michael Strahan, I mean the list goes on and on of defensive line guys that have taken over in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl.

Micah Parsons can potentially be that guy finally but seems to be getting worn down late in the season. 49ers have the defense that is scary in the NFC.

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

1 seed is a big leg up.

So is being good enough to get the one seed. 

I suspect if games and venues were randomized, the team that would’ve been the one seed would have disproportionate success over time relative to the rest of the field. 

Yes, a bye can be nice. Yes, home games are nicer. Probably being the best team in the conference is nicest. 

Numbers completely pulled out of my ass but if you got rid of homefield advantage in every round and the bye think you would have the best team in each conference (factoring in more parity these days) reach the Super Bowl around 33% of the time vs close to 50%. Could adjust some based on a strong vs weak 1 seed.

23 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This Philly guy is bringing the hate. I’m no Cowboys fan but, if they play Tampa in the playoffs I will root for Dallas to end Brady’s day.

Made up bullshit. Every Cowboys fan I know is more like a battered spouse. No one brags because we haven’t won anything In forever. They’re just jealous because Philly is full of trash fans and no one likes them and we’re America’s team. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Outside of elite QB play, a superior pass rush is gold come the postseason and the Cowboys really haven't had either since the mid 90s. Maybe Demarcus Ware and yeah he won a Super Bowl once you put Von Miller on the other side. Guys like Aaron Donald, Michael Strahan, I mean the list goes on and on of defensive line guys that have taken over in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl.

Micah Parsons can potentially be that guy finally but seems to be getting worn down late in the season. 49ers have the defense that is scary in the NFC.

Acting like Aaron Donald and Strahan were the only guys on those DL's is funny as shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Yea that’s true. But I’m not sure the 1 seed would help us that much. If we’re gonna win playoff games we’ll do it regardless of seed.

This is just plain wrong. 1 seed means everything now. 

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Made up bullshit. Every Cowboys fan I know is more like a battered spouse. No one brags because we haven’t won anything In forever. They’re just jealous because Philly is full of trash fans and no one likes them and we’re America’s team. 

I know a few delusional type fans. They think every player is a hall of famer, that the coaches should never be questioned, and think every year is "the year". You're gonna find some of that in every fanbase though. If people didn't care or didn't feel that way, the sport simply wouldn't be as good as it is.

I'm with you though. Most know the realities. We're in a weird spot though, where even if the Cowboys were to go to the NFC championship game and lose in a nail biter at the last second, they would still get clowned, and Dak sucks, and overrated, and havent won the super bowl in 30 years, etc. The only way to make that all go away is winning it all.

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Acting like Aaron Donald and Strahan were the only guys on those DL's is funny as shit.  

When did I say that? Mentioned Demarcus Ware finally won a Super Bowl when Von Miller was on the other side. Multiple top pass rushers can have a multiplier effect on the rush....Know Peyton Manning was also on the Broncos but he was a shell of himself. 

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

When did I say that? Mentioned Demarcus Ware finally won a Super Bowl when Von Miller was on the other side. Multiple top pass rushers can have a multiplier effect on the rush....Know Peyton Manning was also on the Broncos but he was a shell of himself. 

You described them as the defensive line guys that took over and won a Superb Owl, without also stating that Donald had Von Miller and several other really good pass rushers on that team last year, and those Giants teams had 3 and one year 4 nearly All-Pro level pass rushers on the team.  

That's the dig.  

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

What the fuck are you talking about?  There’s a ton of Stars/Mavs overlap. Great post as usual, fuckface. 

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Id be all for sitting Parsons tonight and next week. I don't know if 3 weeks could give him enough recovery for a playoff push but without him being early season Parsons this thing will all come down to Dak outscoring playoff teams. 

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Id be all for sitting Parsons tonight and next week. I don't know if 3 weeks could give him enough recovery for a playoff push but without him being early season Parsons this thing will all come down to Dak outscoring playoff teams. 

I'd bet he sits next week if Philly wins Sunday to be honest.  That locks us into the 5th seed and we have nothing to play for next week.  

Hey give me the miracle run.

How amazing would a Brady/cowboys wild card, cowboys/eagles divisional round, cowboys/49rs, and meeting the bills(cheifs obviously as well) in the SB sound?

Only way it’d be better is playing packers at some point.

Not likely. Probably a miracle run at best to get to the NFC title game.