Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

This is where I am.  I think MM looked better than some posters here, but don't take that for me thinking he is better than Ewers at this point.  But, I do think we have seen the peak Ewers.  Murphy has the physical tools to be better than Ewers, but he's not even close at this point.   

Exactly this

2 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Imagine being 40 year old and saying "sit and spin" like a 13 year old valley girl.

You think I’m 40? Lol

You think a HS coach at a private school in 2A Louisiana is running a comparable offense or molding Hall of famers instead of the Cfb or Pro coaches

Edited by StassneyHorn

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

You think I’m 40? Lol

You think a HS coach at a private school in 2A Louisiana is running a comparable offense or molding Hall of famers instead of the Cfb or Pro coaches

Hey bro post more about what position you played in highschool football, we are all super impressed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Ewers is a sophomore. Why would y’all think he has peaked?

Early graduate and transfer after 1 semester? The money is in pro football and already has tools, just nowhere near the skins on the wall

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Hey bro post more about what position you played in highschool football, we are all super impressed.

Did I do that?

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

Don’t care if he is the stiffest motherfucker alive. 

In college football you have to take free yards on the ground when they are wide fucking open. 

He definitely needs to run some of those RPOs and options to take pressure off the RBs.  They weren't even playing MM on that last one.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Because I think this is his last year at Texas...and development really doesn't happen at the pro level.

Are you kidding me? Jalen Hurts and Patrick Mahomes are just the latest examples. Hurts was JAG in college. Mahomes was a decent QB in college, but nothing to think he’d be a potential NFL HOF. The list is very long of guys that were JAG in college and developed in the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Yep. Dude made a bet on Surly. Dude is now welching. 

I'd get Imma involved, and if I was Imma it would be an automatic 6 month or 1 year IP ban for anyone who welches on a bet made here. 

Should be a long ban for that. 

Um. No. 

I @immamac to sanction it and it never happened. 

I don't owe anyone anything. 

Keep negging me. 37k to go.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Well so do I. But he’s still actually fairly raw and nowhere near a finished product.

Totally agree.  It will depend on what type of team he goes to in the pros.  If he needs to start right away I don't think he'll be able to develop.  He needs to sit behind someone for a while.

4 minutes ago, nnm said:

Are you kidding me? Jalen Hurts and Patrick Mahomes are just the latest examples. Hurts was JAG in college. Mahomes was a decent QB in college, but nothing to think he’d be a potential NFL HOF. The list is very long of guys that were JAG in college and developed in the NFL. 

Both Hurts and Mahomes were outstanding in college by the end of their careers.

• Hook 'Em 2

From the stands it looked like Cook fell down/got shoved on MM’s first INT, making the the pass look way shittier than it was.
The second one was horrible. He has to learn to holster that or throw it away. 

He’s not totally terrible, though. Scary and dangerous at times, but capable of production. And winning. The “we won in spite of Maalik” take is senseless.

Cook pretty much got tackled. Should have been a flag. He would have been right there with the DB.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, nnm said:

Seriously? 

15 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

This is where I am.  I think MM looked better than some posters here, but don't take that for me thinking he is better than Ewers at this point.  But, I do think we have seen the peak Ewers.  Murphy has the physical tools to be better than Ewers, but he's not even close at this point.   

What physical tools make MM better than QE?

Maalik's QBR the last two games was 48.3 and 46.1.  That's with some good fortune on dropped interceptions.

And those were home games.

He needs to sit down next week when we go to TCU.  And, if that ruins his confidence, then he was never going to be a good quarterback at a place like Texas.  And, if he transfers out over it, someone else will transfer in.

Quinn or Arch.  This is easier than pinch hitting Derek Jeter in your softball game.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Yep. Dude made a bet on Surly. Dude is now welching. 

I'd get Imma involved, and if I was Imma it would be an automatic 6 month or 1 year IP ban for anyone who welches on a bet made here. 

Should be a long ban for that. 

It says you can't accept messages otherwise I would have destroyed you. 

Maalik's QBR the last two games was 48.3 and 46.1.  That's with some good fortune on dropped interceptions.
And those were home games.
He needs to sit down next week when we go to TCU.  And, if that ruins his confidence, then he was never going to be a good quarterback at a place like Texas.  And, if he transfers out over it, someone else will transfer in.
Quinn or Arch.  This is easier than pinch hitting Derek Jeter in your softball game.

Practice reports (yeah I know) say about what you would think. Manning is the better runner and doesnt turn the ball over like Murphy. I don’t know the dynamics of what that family wants to happen, but if Manning is a significant downgrade from Murphy, right now, then yikes.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Just now, hookem48 said:

What physical tools make MM better than QE?

Can you people read.  Never said he was better that Ewers.  I said I think he has more up side.  Mostly because of his rocket arm and 6'5" frame.  Plus he finished second only to Cade Klubnik in the Elite 11.  He has the tools.  The rest is mental.

If he can learn, he has an NFL proto-type body.  He just needs to learn how to play the game at this level.  2 games isn't enough data to say he sucks and will never amount to anything.  He might not.  Way too early to tell.

34 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

No, you’re the idiot who mistakes scheme for needless complexity. You probably got your football knowledge from The Waterboy and think Sark wakes around with a magic notebook where he draws up plays. 

Tell me the scheme he ran in 2A private school Louisiana football with HOF whisperer coach?

I'm at the point where I almost want to treat any third and long with Murphy as though we're about to punt. He's horrible on obvious passing downs. Limit him to deep shots, comeback throws, hitches, etc. Our running game, receivers, defense, special teams should be good enough to win our last three games as long as Murphy doesn't turn the ball over. But he will turn it over if we give him free reign to sit back and make reads.

Savior Red should probably get more snaps but where he actually reads the end and hands it off sometimes. If our passing game is going to be limited, might as well make the running game more intricate.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, cmontexas said:

You think Josh Allen and Pat Mahomes came to the NFL as finished products?

I think they were more prepared for the NFL than Ewers because they both can run.  Ewers is an ok runner, but nothing like those guys.  

But if you think the Chiefs "developed" Mahomes to play like he does then I don't know what to tell you.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He can’t get in the motherucker fast enough. It was a dumb take. And it’s dumb that he’s the guy trying to keep our championship aspirations on track. Big body.  Big arm. Shitty QB. Those guys get you beat and fired. 

Just want a site sponsor to not encourage RS FR to get in the portal after their second start. Is that too much to ask? @immamacdoes that hurt relationships with the team?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I’m actually shocked they didn’t put Arch out there during mid 3rd Qtr, just to give him a look.

He can play in every game to end the season and still keep his RS.

Hook’em!!!

NO - you are forgetting the rest of the season - CCG, playoff, MNC.  Arch shouldn't play a down until at least the Tech game if we want to keep his redshirt.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers