Oklahoma @ Nebraska

Constant

This OU team isn't beating them by 40. 

Yeah, after this first quarter, yes they are.

Corn aggy is trrrible. OU is going to drill them. That’s not to say OU is some juggernaut. Their OL is not filled with a bunch of NFL draft picks, and they don’t have an NFL QB throwing to multiple NFL receivers like we’ve been used to seeing. The OU defense was had multiple times, and if Texas can pick up the blitz like they did against Alabama, the Texas passing game is going to have a ton of opportunities.

The game in Dallas will be a dogfight like it always is, but unless Texas shows that the Bama game was a complete fluke, I think they should be favored.

Just now, gmr548 said:

Yeah, after this first quarter, yes they are.

Corn aggy is trrrible. OU is going to drill them. That’s not to say OU is some juggernaut. Their OL is not filled with a bunch of NFL draft picks, and they don’t have an NFL QB throwing to multiple NFL receivers like we’ve been used to seeing. The OU defense was had multiple times, and if Texas can pick up the blitz like they did against Alabama, the Texas passing game is going to have a ton of opportunities.

The game in Dallas will be a dogfight like it always is, but unless Texas shows that the Bama game was a complete fluke, I think they should be favored.

Surly has a bad habit of making judgements based on the first drive... 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think OU might be pretty decent for a couple of seasons until all of Lincoln's players are gone. I question what kind of talent Venables can pull to Norman long-term.

That said, they're about to boat-race Nebraska.

Currently have a better class than ever before. 

8 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Venables is recruiting better than Riley so…

For the moment maybe. I just wonder if he's a great long-term fit at a Top 10 program. Lincoln was seen as an offensive genius. Venables was a terrific coordinator at Clemson but seems like their offensive guys always got more run -- Chad Morris and then Tony Elliott. As much as I despise Art Briles and all that worked for him, Venables made a great hire in Jeff Lebby, it seems.

Just now, C-Man said:

For the moment maybe. I just wonder if he's a great long-term fit at a Top 10 program. Lincoln was seen as an offensive genius. Venables was a terrific coordinator at Clemson but seems like their offensive guys always got more run -- Chad Morris and then Tony Elliott. As much as I despise Art Briles and all that worked for him, Venables made a great hire in Jeff Lebby, it seems.

Nah.  As someone who has a bit of inside info it’s a whole other level.  The recruiting and vibe inside the program.  I said it was all stale BEFORE OU lost LR and I stand by that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Nah.  As someone who has a bit of inside info it’s a whole other level.  The recruiting and vibe inside the program.  I said it was all stale BEFORE OU lost LR and I stand by that.  

Again, my view is from 30,000 or so feet. I don't know shit. And OU always seems to get these coaching hires right. It's almost like plug-and-play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I really thought Nebraska might be re-energized by a coaching change and by hosting an old rival... I even thought about betting Nebraska and the points.  

Glad I didn't.  

Their players wear the same jerseys as the players from their heyday, but they are just really, really bad.

They might be down by 30 before halftime.

I really thought Nebraska might be re-energized by a coaching change and by hosting an old rival... I even thought about betting Nebraska and the points.  
Glad I didn't.  
Their players wear the same jerseys as the players from their heyday, but they are just really, really bad.
They might be down by 30 before halftime.

It lasted all but a few minutes. Everyone was hyped. A lot of energy all the way around. Even some of the Fox crew picked them to win. Opened with a TD and a stop. And downhill ever since.

Nebraska is bad. They’re not remotely close to below average. They’ll probably never be good again. The national media waiting around for them to return to the glory days will be waiting until the sun explodes and consumes Earth. 
How did they become good in the first place in their glory days? Middle of the cornfield school in Nebraska. No real ties to any good recruiting pipelines, or that I know of.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 minutes ago, Js1 said:
Nebraska is bad. They’re not remotely close to below average. They’ll probably never be good again. The national media waiting around for them to return to the glory days will be waiting until the sun explodes and consumes Earth. 

How did they become good in the first place in their glory days? Middle of the cornfield school in Nebraska. No real ties to any good recruiting pipelines, or that I know of.

$$$

• Like 1