2023 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I guess it addresses a need. But never heard of this guy. 

I read about him earlier:

FRISCO - Maybe these two (of a large bundle of) targeted players for the Dallas Cowboys in this NFL Draft will end up both going too high to make a particular vision come true. But team sources have informed CowboysSI.com that at No. 26, they consider Michael Mayer, the Notre Dame tight end, to be one of the best two players at that position. (Along with Utah's Dalton Kincaid.) 

And additionally, they consider Mazi Smith, the Michigan defensive tackle, to be "steal-level'' as a second-round pick, with Dallas selecting at No. 58.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-draft-target-michael-mayer-mazi-smith-source-first-second-round-notre-dame

Would have preferred one of the TE’s there. Did Buffalo moving up throw them off or something because Mayer or even Murphy (maybe even Porter) make a whole lot more sense there.
Yes. I think they wanted the Utah TE. When Buffalo traded up last second to get him, they panicked. Same thing happened in 2018 when Philly traded up to get Dallas Goedert and then they took lame ass Connor Williams.