2023 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

They are actually a very carefully crafted product on YouTube. Certain channels get the boost to blow up and 'go viral' all managed by the same few firms.

These humble down to earth normal Jesus loving dudes are building a $100M headquarters lol.

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/dude-perfect-100-million-headquarters-entertainment-destination-1235384784/

$100 mil is a little much

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Philadelphia sack riding is out of control. If the Cowboys had drafted Carter we'd be getting nonstop features on the dude who died trying to street race and how Jerry always loves his character risks.

Instead its all about how the genius Eagles got a steal and how the strong locker room culture will fix his laziness

6 hours ago, Zeus said:

They are actually a very carefully crafted product on YouTube. Certain channels get the boost to blow up and 'go viral' all managed by the same few firms.

These humble down to earth normal Jesus loving dudes are building a $100M headquarters lol.

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/dude-perfect-100-million-headquarters-entertainment-destination-1235384784/

They should go public like FaZe

[mention=244]Juicy[/mention] is Mazi Smith any good? I still have flashbacks of the last Michigan Dlineman we took around this same position in 2017 who was terrible.

He is a freak athlete. Better on passing downs than rushing downs but still solid against the run.

After passing on Carter I was hoping the lions would be able to grab Mazi at 34. Maybe a slight reach but he is a really solid starter. He isn’t a one trick pony like taco was. Mazi is good all around and can play all 3 downs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I like the cowboys pick. We have a terrible need in DL  we don’t need a TE we have 16 of them  we needed a run stuffing pressure guy so parsons doesn’t get his dick kicked in all game. I would have liked Nolan smith there. But at least we didn’t draft a player from  Montana state at Idaho directional 

• Hook 'Em 1

Will Levis must have showed up wearing a Hitler mustache before the draft, or said he was transitioning to a woman.

The league had four players at the draft that weren’t drafted. They need to quit pushing these marginal players to show up. Fucking Gil Brandt thought they should bring 100 back when he managed that for the league. These guys agents should have told them to stay home.

10 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Will Levis must have showed up wearing a Hitler mustache before the draft, or said he was transitioning to a woman.

The league had four players at the draft that weren’t drafted. They need to quit pushing these marginal players to show up. Fucking Gil Brandt thought they should bring 100 back when he managed that for the league. These guys agents should have told them to stay home.

I think the league talks to the teams and gets a general sense in who will get drafted.  I thought will was a first round lock. Sort of feel bad but he did a couple of douchy things during the process. He even looks like bo Callahan 

7 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Do you people really not know who Dude Perfect is? Do y'all not have or have had young kids?

Dude Perfect is awesome.

peyton manning what GIF by Gatorade

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

Hopefully they don't hire aggy to build it

• Haha 3

Interesting first round by conference. Only P5 players were taken. When has that ever happened? 

Big 10 - 9

SEC - 9

Big 12 - 6

ACC - 4

Pac 12 - 3

No Notre Dame, no G5, no FCS. 

Relative to conference size, Big 10 and SEC slightly outperformed the Big 12, 64% to 60%. Seems like the best Big 12 first round showing in years, but I didn’t look anything previous up to say that, just a feel. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Horn talking about mazi this morning. Dude benches 550 and vertical at 33” broad at 9’4” at 320lbs.. that’s a monster athlete for an interior DL. He’s also tall and has long arms. Cowboys had his around 14th in their board. He likely would not have been there with their 2nd round pick for everyone saying he should have been a high 2, what’s the diff between a high two and a low 1??? The cowboys get him at low 1, instead of some other team.

I knew our run defense was poor, but I thought our DTs were good last year…

I agree with liking the two TE we have.

41 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Horn talking about mazi this morning. Dude benches 550 and vertical at 33” broad at 9’4” at 320lbs.. that’s a monster athlete for an interior DL. He’s also tall and has long arms. Cowboys had his around 14th in their board. He likely would not have been there with their 2nd round pick for everyone saying he should have been a high 2, what’s the diff between a high two and a low 1??? The cowboys get him at low 1, instead of some other team.

He definitely wouldn’t have been there at the end of the 2nd round. Dude was a combine freak who also had miles of great tape playing in a blue-blood program…

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I feel they do this shit on purpose to troll and to have a talking point through the draft. Keep showing the hyped up guy all through the draft sitting there all night. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I agree with no TE. Drafting TE in the 1st round is about as bad as RB. Especially for Dallas since it seems we dispose of TE's quickly aside from Witten and we use them all the same. Short routes. But Nolan Smith was still there. Most didn't think he falls to us. That was the right pick in my eyes. Philly gets him (of course). He was the best available player left for us to take.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Interesting first round by conference. Only P5 players were taken. When has that ever happened? 

Big 10 - 9

SEC - 9

Big 12 - 6

ACC - 4

Pac 12 - 3

Relative to conference size, Big 10 and SEC slightly outperformed the Big 12, 64% to 60%. Seems like the best Big 12 first round showing in years, but I didn’t look anything previous up to say that, just a feel. 

Not as SEC dominant as most years?

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

The Philadelphia sack riding is out of control. If the Cowboys had drafted Carter we'd be getting nonstop features on the dude who died trying to street race and how Jerry always loves his character risks.

Instead its all about how the genius Eagles got a steal and how the strong locker room culture will fix his laziness

Well winning cures a lot. Dallas doesn't win when it matters. Philly is on their 2nd wave of roster/coaches in the last 6 years with 2 Super Bowl appearances. They got to a Super Bowl last year and had a high pick in the 1st round. They had nothing for Hurts just a few years ago. Then boom, Davonte Smith and trade for AJ Brown. Building a great defense. Great OL. All the while Dallas is still stewing with the same bullshit. 

That's why. Media doesn't respect Dallas.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I feel they do this shit on purpose to troll and to have a talking point through the draft. Keep showing the hyped up guy all through the draft sitting there all night. 

No need to do it on purpose. Odds are it will happen for at least one or two guys.

I was contemplating the moment your name is announced and you're everything running through your brain as you make your way to the podium, like who your new HC is and where you're going to live. I would assume most of them have a general idea of the teams looking at them, but you really never know if you're not #1 or #2.  And then there are the guys like Levis that talked to a handful of teams, and gets his hopes up every time one of those teams is up, only to have his dreams dashed over and over as they go in another direction. Brutal.

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Cowboys had his around 14th in their board. 

This is always my favorite post draft analysis, and every team does it.  Each one says they had the guy higher on their board than where he got drafted. Like they just bought a brand new Lambo at half price or something. Just once, I'd like a team to say, "You know, we had about 5 dudes on our board graded higher than him. But we just said fuck it, we were desperate for help because we couldn't stop the run to save our lives. So we rolled the dice on a freak athlete with pedestrian production and hope the hell it pans out."

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This is always my favorite post draft analysis, and every team does it.  Each one says they had the guy higher on their board than where he got drafted. Like they just bought a brand new Lambo at half price or something. Just once, I'd like a team to say, "You know, we had about 5 dudes on our board graded higher than him. But we just said fuck it, we were desperate for help because we couldn't stop the run to save our lives. So we rolled the dice on a freak athlete with pedestrian production and hope the hell it pans out."

Yup. I think Cowboys wanted the Utah TE and got pants'd by the Bills thus making a panic pick.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

Bobby Burton: Texas' first-round drought ends, with more early picks on the way in the coming years

The drought is over. For the first time since 2015, the Texas Longhorns football program has produced a first-round NFL pick. And, at No. 8 overall, Bijan Robinson is also the first top ten Longhorn selection since Vince Young and Michael Huff in 2006. As we’ve chronicled the past several weeks, I think Longhorns fans need to get used to it. Not necessarily the top ten picks, though I believe those will come, too. But a greater inclusion of Longhorns in the NFL draft overall. Four more Horns should go in the draft through the weekend. But looking even further ahead, the Horns could have more than that in next year’s draft. Here’s a list of possible participants at next year’s combine.

– AD Mitchell
– Xavier Worthy
– Jordan Whittington
– Ja’Tavion Sanders
– Christian Jones
– T’Vondre Sweat
– Byron Murphy
– Alfred Collins
– Jaylan Ford
– Ryan Watts
– Jalen Catalon

And that list doesn’t include guys like Jake Majors, Jerrin Thompson or possibly Quinn Ewers, who could all be possibilities. The talent on the 40 Acres is real and it’s improving. There is no better measuring stick for that than the NFL draft.

– The first 15 picks of last night’s draft all came from either the SEC, Big 12 or Big 10.

– The Big 12 produced six first-round picks from six different teams.

– Four native Texans were selected in the first round. Tyree Wilson, Christian Gonzalez, Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Quentin Johnston.

I agree with no TE. Drafting TE in the 1st round is about as bad as RB. Especially for Dallas since it seems we dispose of TE's quickly aside from Witten and we use them all the same. Short routes. But Nolan Smith was still there. Most didn't think he falls to us. That was the right pick in my eyes. Philly gets him (of course). He was the best available player left for us to take.

Nolan Smith didn’t fill as big a need as Mazi. N Smith doesn’t project as a three down player, just situational. It’s why he dropped down so far. Philly has serious fucking O line issues and hasn’t addressed. Of course media right now thinks Howie can do no wrong but he has a history of outsmarting himself at times.

That ND TE has arms like a four year old. Another David LaFleur. I think we’re good at TE but it’s a rich draft deep.

Tonight is where the grades are made.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

He did it to himself. Was out there saying he was told he'd be the number 1 pick. He's a jackass 

I think he dropped so much because he seems like the same type of flaky douchebag as Zach Wilson and we saw how badly he flamed out in a couple of season. If Zach Wilson had led the Jets to the playoffs playing good ball this dude probably goes in the 1st

5 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Good on him for not having an issue with dating a blind girl.

She's so young to have MJ surgery nose

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Big 10 - 9

SEC - 9

Big 12 - 6

ACC - 4

Pac 12 - 3

Yeah, 6 different Big12 teams with a player taken, doubt that has ever happened too

She's so young to have MJ surgery nose

Yeah 100% he didn’t help himself with the weird shit he was doing. Eating whole bananas skin and all, putting mayo in coffee and general douchebaggery.

That said. The lions don’t have a back up QB and 3 2nd round picks. I wouldn’t mind taking him with one of the later two.

Need to get a CB or DT with the pick at 34 though.

Rapid fire post catching up.

I have no fucking clue what the lions were thinking. If they wanted an RB take Bijan at 6. I don’t hate Gibbs I think he is a better version of swift, but why take him at 12 when he 100% would have been there at 18.

If they can use him like CMC or Debo and spread him all over the field to create matchup issues the pick could be a lot better than just a first round RB

Campbell is the same way. The lions scored a late round gem with rodrigo last year and then resigned the Kirkland brand clay matthews in Anzalone. They couldn’t stop the run because they have no DT or 3 techs. They passed on Carter. And took a LB z that wasn’t a position of need, but also a dude who may have been there at the 34th pick.

Two incredible reaches, and passed on a better RB and the best player in the draft at your biggest position of need (Carter) in doing so.

Also super frustrated that a team that seems to know what the fuck they are doing and was just in the Super Bowl ended up with both players I wanted the lions to take. Carter/Nolan.

Brad Holmes has done an incredible job turning the shit he was left by Patricia and Quinn into a functional team, so he has garnered some good faith, but damn if this doesn’t look bad.

3 picks in the second round. End up with a couple of branch/Porter/Avila/cam smith/Washington and then he draft will look a lot better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If the rumors are true that Levis (while talented—-still needs a lot of work) was passed over in round 1 largely bc of his demeanor in interviews it makes sense. Richardson came across as humble, honored to be there, coachable and a team player. Levis allegedly came off in interviews as cocky/arrogant. Combine that with the muscle beef cake shots of his body (which a lot of GMs and HCs were less than impressed by) and possible toe issue and he hits the second round where teams the teams that can afford to snap up a QB will do so. He probably has a higher floor than Richardson (or not) but Richardson has all the intangibles and a much higher ceiling. Nobody wants another Wentz…they want coachable and willing to learn and work hard. That’s why Richardson was a no brainer. Colts can afford to let Richardson sit this year with Minshew, Foles and Ehlinger on the roster. I do think Foles will be gone though. Maybe Ehlinger also…(bummer.) I’m not sure where Levis will be a good fit. It would have to be a team with a strong HC/QB coach and strong leadership (GM and owner.) 

I am more interested in where RoJo will land. Hopefully, a place where there will be a RB tandem. 

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Big 10 - 9

SEC - 9

Big 12 - 6

ACC - 4

Pac 12 - 3

The Big Ten breakdown was:

tOSU: 3
Iowa:2
Illinois: 1
Northwestern: 1
Maryland: 1
Michigan: 1

Illinois and Northwestern both with early picks. Michigan picked late. No first round picks for Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, or Nebraska. I don’t follow draft projections but I imagine Penn State fans were expecting Joey Porter Jr. to go in the first round. That’s just a guess but he was sure getting a lot of hype all through the season.

Also, Kirk Ferentz announced that there would be no changes to the offensive coaching staff so expect the Hawkeyes to squander whatever talent they have again next year. 

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The Big Ten breakdown was:

tOSU: 3
Iowa:2
Illinois: 1
Northwestern: 1
Maryland: 1
Michigan: 1

Illinois and Northwestern both with early picks. Michigan picked late. No first round picks for Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, or Nebraska. I don’t follow draft projections but I imagine Penn State fans were expecting Joey Porter Jr. to go in the first round. That’s just a guess but he was sure getting a lot of hype all through the season.

Also, Kirk Ferentz announced that there would be no changes to the offensive coaching staff so expect the Hawkeyes to squander whatever talent they have again next year. 

His son has to have them average 25 points per game to have his contract renew lol…

He definitely wouldn’t have been there at the end of the 2nd round. Dude was a combine freak who also had miles of great tape playing in a blue-blood program…

Everyone “knew” Tyler smith would have been available in the 2nd and the cowboys reached, but he was high in the cowboys board and he played great for us, way better than many 1st rounders have in the past. So “knowing” a players draft grade based on shit written on the internet is full of error

Nolan a tweener in the bad way right? Like Jeffcoat?