Texas vs iowa state - 11am on ABC

Pancho

7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

couldn't have said it better about Ovie. Dude is not even FCS good, he's beyond horrible, and that should tell you how awful the other ends are (not Sorrell, he's a soph), and the others are frosh, which would probably be an upgrade even if they don't know the playbook. He's just that bad. 

That is the problem though, Sorrell and the freshmen are all we have. Though the coaches were taking Sorrell off the field and spinning down Overshown with Oghoufo as the other edge. I don't understand it, everyone has to see he does fucking nothing every play he's out there. Tapp, Belly, anyone else could at least affect one play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

That is the problem though, Sorrell and the freshmen are all we have. Though the coaches were taking Sorrell off the field and spinning down Overshown with Oghoufo as the other edge. I don't understand it, everyone has to see he does fucking nothing every play he's out there. Tapp, Belly, anyone else could at least affect one play.

You and I are in total agreement, my dude. I don't get it, either. How the hell do you just trot literally a JAG out there when we could get at least something out of the frosh? Literally anything, which isn't saying much as Ovie brings nothing but his pads and helmet to the game. He's gotta be the most average edge I've ever seen us have. 

5 hours ago, Codaxx said:

They are not elite. ISU scored 54 pts in 4 P5 games. Defense had not busted a coverage all year and busted 2 in this game, luckily Hutchinson dropped the second. Defense gave up 2 3rd downs on offsides, one on Jamison. All week I said this was going to be an ugly game and ISU defense would be a major test for an inexperienced Quinn. Their defense is excellent and it was a major test. Quinn has elite talent, but he isn’t an elite QB yet. He is still learning the game. 

While their defense is excellent, most of those shit throws Quinn was making were on Quinn, not their defense. It was a bad, bad game for him. We knew at some point this would happen, but we all took it for granted after ou, just like the team did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

While their defense is excellent, most of those shit throws Quinn was making were on Quinn, not their defense. It was a bad, bad game for him. We knew at some point this would happen, but we all took it for granted after ou, just like the team did. 

Some of those shit throws were Quinn throwing the ball away. Cain and Sanders had really bad games, as did the OL in pass pro. Thompson needs to replace Cain in 3 wide sets.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Some of those shit throws were Quinn throwing the ball away. Cain and Sanders had really bad games, as did the OL in pass pro. Thompson needs to replace Cain in 3 wide sets.

Absofuckinglutely regarding Thompson replacing Cain. I was all aboard the "give Cain a chance" train and then I saw why that dude doesn't see the field. He's got concrete hands. 

As for the Quinn throws, I was just talking about 2 specifically. The first one and I believe he had another one that sailed OOB to Cain. 

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I had to leave when it was 7-0 and Texas looked asleep and behind lethargic and just now getting to see the score/highlights. I’m shocked they won this game. This would’ve been a loss the last 8 seasons. They should’ve lost today - thanks for that wide open pass drop!

Lots of fix. Pokie is a terrible matchup for this team. 

I don't know. That OSU defense looked pretty vulnerable. That seems like a good matchup for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Absofuckinglutely regarding Thompson replacing Cain. I was all aboard the "give Cain a chance" train and then I saw why that dude doesn't see the field. He's got concrete hands. 

As for the Quinn throws, I was just talking about 2 specifically. The first one and I believe he had another one that sailed OOB to Cain. 

Yep, the throw to Sanders which was a lateral and the 4th down bomb to Cain. That 4th down play was a horrible call from Sarkisian.

• Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Yep, the throw to Sanders which was a lateral and the 4th down bomb to Cain. That 4th down play was a horrible call from Sarkisian.

Yep, that one to Sanders was the other one I was thinking of but couldn't remember who it was to. And yeah, that 4th down play was a wtf moment from me. 

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Disagree. I liked the call. Doing that every once in a while forces people to take that into consideration on 4th down. And it should have worked, just didn't execute.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Yep, that one to Sanders was the other one I was thinking of but couldn't remember who it was to. And yeah, that 4th down play was a wtf moment from me. 

Yeah remember when DKR called that long pass on 4th and short? What a fucking idiot. WTF. worst coach ever. You should always play it conservative and go for short gains. Being predictable is great coaching.

• Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Disagree. I liked the call. Doing that every once in a while forces people to take that into consideration on 4th down. And it should have worked, just didn't execute.

Yeah I liked it too. Just happened Quinn was just off on deep balls today. Felt like he was putting way too much air under the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

JFC that was ugly, I'll take it though.

I almost shat myself prior to the 4th and goal with a few minutes left knowing that is was likely some of we didn’t pick it up.

…….. and again when they were driving before the fumble.   Fuckin’ A that fumble felt good.  It felt just a little bit like “finding a way to win” instead of just dumb luck.  The dropped wide open pass by ISU was just dumb ass luck though. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

if OKst comes out with their A+ offensive game, they can put up 800 yards, and as somebody said earlier, don't ever punt.  We're coming up to a bye the next week, so Sark could go ahead and relieve PK if GP will take the reins.

Also, don't forget the refs will be giving all possible calls to OSU. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It wasn't a bad bad game, for fuck's sake he had a wtf moment with the backwards pass but he went and got the ball, and a couple bad throws. He was 17/26 172 yards with 3 TDs and no INTs against the best defense we will play in the Big 12.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I almost shat myself prior to the 4th and goal with a few minutes left knowing that is was likely some of we didn’t pick it up.

…….. and again when they were driving before the fumble.   Fuckin’ A that fumble felt good.  It felt just a little bit like “finding a way to win” instead of just dumb luck.  The dropped wide open pass by ISU was just dumb ass luck though. 

Obviously it worked out but I was thinking as it happened he needs to catch that and run it in just so we would have time left on the clock.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

if OKst comes out with their A+ offensive game, they can put up 800 yards, and as somebody said earlier, don't ever punt.  We're coming up to a bye the next week, so Sark could go ahead and relieve PK if GP will take the reins.

Also, don't forget the refs will be giving all possible calls to OSU. 

I'm worried defensively but I'm far from convinced Oklahoma State is very good. 

They've played 1 team above .500 and they lost. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

It wasn't a bad bad game, for fuck's sake he had a wtf moment with the backwards pass but he went and got the ball, and a couple bad throws. He was 17/26 172 yards with 3 TDs and no INTs against the best defense we will play in the Big 12.

He wasn’t good. And he had the bad drop. And the holding penalty that led to 3rd and 75 or whatever it was. Overall I’d guess both he and Sark would say he was bad today. He missed on multiple throws and also didn’t see some throws he should have made. This isn’t surprising considering his experience level and how little he’s actually played over the last 2 years.

He’s going to be really, really good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

There was one to Cain where it was a bit short, but Cain made absolutely no effort to catch it. It was like he said “well, that one is 2 yards away. Fuck it…”
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, justhookit said:

He wasn’t good. And he had the bad drop. And the holding penalty that led to 3rd and 75 or whatever it was. Overall I’d guess both he and Sark would say he was bad today. He missed on multiple throws and also didn’t see some throws he should have made. This isn’t surprising considering his experience level and how little he’s actually played over the last 2 years.

He’s going to be really, really good. 

Please tell me you didn't buy in to the  missing Whitt in the endzone bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The 2nd throw that sailed on Cain wasn't a bad throw. 

He was leading Cain to open space. For some reason Cain decided to sit in the zone where 2 ISU defenders were. I need to go watch that play again but if Cain gets vertical it's likely a 50 or 60 yard gain. 

It was a terrible route by Cain. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

Hahahahahahaha. 

TCU’s defense is questionable at best and had a decent amount of success against Sanders, who is playing hurt right now.

Also, for the 400th time Patterson doesn’t want to be a coordinator. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

He was fine today, not extraordinary like he’s been in the past. This is why people think he had a terrible game, the bar has already been set stupid high. If this is his floor I can live with that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

He was leading Cain to open space. For some reason Cain decided to sit in the zone where 2 ISU defenders were. I need to go watch that play again but if Cain gets vertical it's likely a 50 or 60 yard gain. 

This. I’m pretty sure this is the one that got him benched until his big drop? Red and Milton were both out there and not him

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

They def knew no chance of a sneak too, not with QE’s shoulder 

This.  I wonder how much of the play today was from thrashing OU, and if maybe Quinn still has some pain/soreness around his shoulder area.  He could've just had a down game but his throws didn't look the same today.  As for OU - I think most of us are used to letdowns after the Texas/OU game but it is normally because Texas didn't win.  This year the dog finally caught the car and looked like it didn't know what comes next.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Even from the stands you could see how bad Cain was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

He was fine today, not extraordinary like he’s been in the past. This is why people think he had a terrible game, the bar has already been set stupid high. If this is his floor I can live with that.

people think he had a terrible game because they're idiots

No need. You wouldn’t show up because you’re a bitch.

I am in awe of your masculine aura. I hope one day I can grow up big and strong like you. Teach me your ways.
I mean sure but forecasting a 49-0 loss was absolutely a spectacularly bitchmade post on your part. You can admit that now, right? 

lol yes that post, made in a stream of consciousness thread in the first quarter, was absolutely a serious prediction. There is definitely not a piece of recent history that was being sarcastically referenced to make light of the shitty play on the field to that point. You really got me there.

To be fair you are probably the biggest pussy ass fan on this board

giphy.gif