What the fuck is wrong with you, Houston? Non-CR thread

crash_davis

46 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

As someone that moved here 8 years ago and had only seen turner as mayor, it seems like Whitmayer is shaking a whole lot of trees early on in his tenure. Seems like that’s probably a good thing 

I’m not a fan of him putting the brakes on a whole bunch of badly needed mobility projects in central Houston. The roads are crumbling and he’s delaying and/or canceling major projects that have been in the works for years putting federal dollars that were allocated for those projects in jeopardy.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Can he get us a refund on all that money spent on the 59s-610 exit?

2 lanes south to Bellaire. 1 lane north to Galleria. 

TXDOT with the high concentration of aggy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 5

8 hours ago, royiv said:

I’m not a fan of him putting the brakes on a whole bunch of badly needed mobility projects in central Houston. The roads are crumbling and he’s delaying and/or canceling major projects that have been in the works for years putting federal dollars that were allocated for those projects in jeopardy.

He ran on fixing potholes and leaking water mains. Once he got into office he started slashing public programs and ripping out bike lanes, and still hasn't made any progress on his promises. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Can he get us a refund on all that money spent on the 59s-610 exit?

That fucking change made everything so much worse. Fucking idiotic to make the lane split so counterintuitive. Whoever came up with that should be shot into space, preferably on a Boeing product. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I blame the perp, first and foremost.  Such a waste and so senseless.

What a POS.  A person should really think about the conflicts they insert themselves into in this day and age.  And there is no fucking reason, especially in Houston, for going out without carrying a concealed handgun.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hope you don't mind perpetually stuck valves and launch delays then

Just fyi, the valve in that case has nothing to do with Boeing. It is an issue with the Atlas rocket. 

Edited by Dahobbs

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

That fucking change made everything so much worse. Fucking idiotic to make the lane split so counterintuitive. Whoever came up with that should be shot into space, preferably on a Boeing product. 

Funny, I was talking about the one from 59s to 610n. But yeah, that one you are talking about is dumb too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

23 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

57 year old black male.  Convicted felon.  Indicted for aggravated assault the day before he murdered Jeff.  Out on bond.

Perp has lived all over the country.  I just ran his Harris County records.  Plenty of hits.

Disgusting.  I'll post his name once he is arrested. 

Where are you seeing this? He had a felony forgery conviction in the 1990s, and then nothing until the family violence charge 2 months ago. Not much of a rap sheet honestly. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, royiv said:

Mayor Baldy keeps pounding the table with “the city is broke” and yet is risking throwing away millions of federal infrastructure dollars because the projects were planned in his eyes by “anti car activists” just because they include a bike lane and some nice sidewalks…highly infuriating.

And don’t get me started on the fact that his new appointees to the METRO board have hit the brakes on all of the Bus Rapid Transit lines that have been in the works for years, likely for the same reason. Only projects that are moving forward are using METRO money to repave streets for both cars and buses to use. If it doesn’t help single occupant car infrastructure, Mayor Baldy’s administration doesn’t seem to want it done…

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
  • Rage+1 3

22 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Mayor Baldy keeps pounding the table with “the city is broke” and yet is risking throwing away millions of federal infrastructure dollars because the projects were planned in his eyes by “anti car activists” just because they include a bike lane and some nice sidewalks…highly infuriating.

And don’t get me started on the fact that his new appointees to the METRO board have hit the brakes on all of the Bus Rapid Transit lines that have been in the works for years, likely for the same reason. Only projects that are moving forward are using METRO money to repave streets for both cars and buses to use. If it doesn’t help single occupant car infrastructure, Mayor Baldy’s administration doesn’t seem to want it done…

I live off of lower Westheimer so I drive it every single day. It’s dangerous, full of car and teeth rattling potholes. Instead of the planned full rebuild that would address the sidewalks in one of, if not the, busiest pedestrian corridors in the city we’re getting a basic repaving paid for by METRO. It does nothing to address the safety problems in the corridor and based on how heavily used it is and the number of METRO busses that traverse it, the pavement will last 12 months at best before the potholes return. 

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Where are you seeing this? He had a felony forgery conviction in the 1990s, and then nothing until the family violence charge 2 months ago. Not much of a rap sheet honestly. 

You must just be reviewing Harris County records, or reading articles that only cite his Harris County criminal history, if that's all you come up with (and that misses a crack cocaine conviction from early 90s).  This shitbird has lived all over.  So Harris County records that you reviewed only show a small piece of this guy's criminal history.

I ran his name and DOB through a legal research database.  He has shit all over.  He has lived in different counties in Texas and has multiple assault convictions. A riot conviction, whatever that is.  And shit in federal court. He was in prison for 5 years on federal charges.  So of course he has some gaps in time.

He also lived in Louisiana for much of the 2000s, which explains him not having much in Harris County until recently.  No telling what he did there.  I have not checked their records.

21 hours ago, Captainant said:

He ran on fixing potholes and leaking water mains. Once he got into office he started slashing public programs and ripping out bike lanes, and still hasn't made any progress on his promises. 

Well he's not the mayor anymore so don't hold your breath 

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Miles told custodians they can re-apply in June for hourly jobs.  No vacation, so sick leave, no retirement pay, no benefits.

Miles is a loathsome human being. Zero redeeming qualities that I’ve been able to discern.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Perp is now in jail.  He is charged with first degree murder.  Hopefully no bond this time given that he murdered Jeff Limmer while on bond for aggravated assault.

Fucking shitstain and his Johnny Cochran wannabe two bit “lawyer” are hinting at “self defense”….

Yeah ….that shit doesn’t work both ways, dumbfucks
  • Rage+1 1

https://houstonlanding.org/stakeholders-stunned-by-mayors-announcement-that-montrose-library-move-is-off-the-table/

Whitmire unilaterally makes a decision to scrap moving the Montrose library without consulting our council member or the developer where the new library was slated to relocate to. Millions have already been spent and now he wants to spend millions more to renovate the existing location. What a waste. He has a massive grudge against Montrose for some reason.

• Hook 'Em 1