The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think it’s clear that you don’t like her.

I don't hate her, but seeing her as the nominee gave me the same feeling I got when I saw Ewers still under center in the 4th quarter.

I think she would’ve made a good President, definitely better than Trump (and there would’ve been hundreds of thousands fewer American Covid deaths had she been in charge).

I agree she would have been good. Not great, but good. Unless she was going to be impeached and investigated for her first two years and accomplish nothing in the process.

Based on the votes cast, more people liked Hillary than either Bernie or Trump.

Trump should have lost by 10 million, at least.

Edited by chainsaw
edit

10 minutes ago, G650 said:

It's no mystery a lot of people dislike Hillary Clinton. I don't like Hillary Clinton. I respect her, but certainly don't like her. Would I prefer her to Donald fucking Trump? Well, yeah obviously.  But that is a different question.

Semantics. Did you vote for her?

A choice of a single vote per office in an effectively 2-party system is semantics now?  After all this fucking time, we still gotta play the “if you didn’t vote for Hillary, you’re a pro-trump, MAGA-loving fascist!”???

you can prefer Hillary to Trump and not have voted for her.  Life is weird like that 

249 million Americans over 17 in 2016. 63mm voted for Trump and 120mm of us voted for someone besides those two or nobody at all. 183mm. ~73% of the American adult population then is misogynist and pro-MAGA then by your outstanding maths and logic?

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think it’s clear that you don’t like her. I think she would’ve made a good President, definitely better than Trump (and there would’ve been hundreds of thousands fewer American Covid deaths had she been in charge). Based on the votes cast, more people liked Hillary than either Bernie or Trump.

Its really weird. I’ve never seen any other candidate get blamed so harshly for losing an election.

She lost to Donald Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Jim Comey, a life long Republican defied his black female boss, broke longstanding DOJ protocol and publicly announced an investigation into Hillary days before the election. He obviously didn’t like her either.  Given an objective look at her résumé, knowledge and preparedness, Hillary hate can only be understood when misogyny is factored into the equation. The lack of disqualifying specifics her detractors offer when objectifying her, is particularly telling.

I said it wasn't fair' I don't know what more you want me to say? People did not like her. Misogyny played a role, for sure. That doesn't mean we should overlook the fact that people didn't like her. It's just true.

Would have been great if she simply didn't give her many political enemies so much ammunition. Politics is a blood sport. She was not a wise choice.

Semantics

That word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I do not like Hillary. I think Hillary would have done a good job as president. These are two very distinct concepts which the English language has so thoughtfully graced us with different words so we can clearly express them.

No, I didn't vote for her. Virginia was clearly going to go her way so I voted Evan McMullen

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I said it wasn't fair' I don't know what more you want me to say? People did not like her. Misogyny played a role, for sure. That doesn't mean we should overlook the fact that people didn't like her. It's just true.

Would have been great if she simply didn't give her many political enemies so much ammunition. Politics is a blood sport. She was not a wise choice.

Prior to the last presidential election she received more votes than any other candidate in history. Her likability or lack thereof does not explain her defeat. We owe her a debt of gratitude for the specific warnings she gave to the American people about what would happen in a Trump presidency. She was right about everything.

• Hook 'Em 3

“People” - IE white dudes and their stupid white wives - didn’t like her because Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and every other right wing media source spent nigh on THREE DECADES telling them she literally murdered people and BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI and EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS was spouted non stop by the fucking New York Times.

There has never been another politician who had a decades long negative messaging operation aimed at them.

And she still won the popular vote.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

“People” - IE white dudes and their stupid white wives - didn’t like her because Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and every other right wing media source spent nigh on THREE DECADES telling them she literally murdered people and BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI and EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS was spouted non stop by the fucking New York Times.

There has never been another politician who had a decades long negative messaging operation aimed at them.

I know. It's not fair. But it was what it was.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I mean all this is true but people are also allowed to not like her. I have personally have had a general dislike for her since she sat there and pulled her not Tammy Wynette bit while covering for her husband's infidelity and harassment.

But anyway we all need to get back to laughing at Republicans

• Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Excellent.  Because if there's anything the American people demonstrated last week, it's that they side with extremists who would overthrow American democracy.  That's completely the lesson I hope the GQP takes into the House majority.

Meanwhile, as some loyalty shifts over to DeSantis, it'll be interesting to see if the DOJ gets some cooperation from people who were formerly loyal to Trump as it continues its investigation of January 6.  It would probably behoove DeSantis to have Trump under indictment or even in prison for seditious conspiracy.

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

This is where I am at. Hillary getting a deserved shot to break the glass ceiling wasn’t worth what came as a result of running the person conservatives had long since successfully made public enemy #1 among 40% of likely voters.

Her win of the popular vote is irrelevant.  She lost the election to Donald Trump when someone without her real or perceived baggage would have had a better chance to win.  Run someone that 40% of the voters don’t wrongly view as Satan, and the Supreme Court likely isn’t a conservative formality for a generation or more, Roe v Wade likely isn’t overturned and we likely aren’t all wondering if we will be living under an authoritarian regime two years from now.

There is the way things ought to be and the way things are, and Dems too often get caught up in believing those have converged for a critical mass of people when they just haven’t.   See Beto re: Texans and guns.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Excellent.  Because if there's anything the American people demonstrated last week, it's that they side with extremists who would overthrow American democracy.  That's completely the lesson I hope the GQP takes into the House majority.

Meanwhile, as some loyalty shifts over to DeSantis, it'll be interesting to see if the DOJ gets some cooperation from people who were formerly loyal to Trump as it continues its investigation of January 6.  It would probably behoove DeSantis to have Trump under indictment or even in prison for seditious conspiracy.

I thought for the most part voters were fairly thoughtful about their votes. DeSantaClaus is the last stop on the Polar Express for the Republican Party. That’s it. Final stand. 

34 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

She will run. She’s calling on quite a few people. Testing the waters. Asking them to jump back in. 

I know that you are used to watching the Rs trot out the worst candidates possible, but I think the Ds MAY have learned something since 2016.  Maybe.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I know that you are used to watching the Rs trot out the worst candidates possible, but I think the Ds MAY have learned something since 2016.  Maybe.

A) I’m not any party.  (B) whatever something or person that takes out Trump I am 100% no question asks behind. (C) yes I grew up Republican but shit changes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

A) I’m not any party.  (B) whatever something or person that takes out Trump I am 100% no question asks behind. (C) yes I grew up Republican but shit changes. 

A) never said you were.  B) cool.  C) Cool

Hillary isn't running.  That's a preposterous idea.

• Hook 'Em 1

seeing her as the nominee gave me the same feeling I got when I saw Ewers still under center in the 4th quarter

Fuck me, you think we’re in the CR a week after the midterms because Texas football conjures a single positive thought or emotion? Don’t bring the cesspool that is Texas football into the CR.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

This is where I am at. Hillary getting a deserved shot to break the glass ceiling wasn’t worth what came as a result of running the person conservatives had long since successfully made public enemy #1 among 40% of likely voters.

Her win of the popular vote is irrelevant.  She lost the election to Donald Trump when someone without her real or perceived baggage would have had a better chance to win.  Run someone that 40% of the voters don’t wrongly view as Satan, and the Supreme Court likely isn’t a conservative formality for a generation or more, Roe v Wade likely isn’t overturned and we likely aren’t all wondering if we will be living under an authoritarian regime two years from now.

There is the way things ought to be and the way things are, and Dems too often get caught up in believing those have converged for a critical mass of people when they just haven’t.   See Beto re: Texans and guns.

Any other Democratic nominee would have faced the same headwinds Hillary had to deal with. Her defeat was in large measure a result of the overreaction many Americans had to the election of Barack Obama. By correctly reading the mood of these voters, Trump was able to capitalize on the anxiety of millions in the dominant culture who felt Obama’s presidency ushered in a change in the social and political pecking order that posed a threat to their way of life. The zeitgeist  of the day explains her defeat as much as anything.

The start of the 103-week window that is going to effectively kill the MAGA movement within our government(s).  And literally cause the coronary expiration of Donald J. Trump.  All of it tonight.  And we're still talking about Hillary Clinton.  

Do the fucking math people.  Nearly 215mm people aged 18 and up in the United States in 2016.  That means almost 150mm adult Americans DIDN'T vote for Hillary Clinton.  Yes, she would have been better than Trump.  But 150mm adult Americans are not misogynist, pro-Trump fascists because we didn't vote for her.  Get the fuck over yourselves.  150mm Americans are not anti-female Nazis.  Do some fucking maths!  

Okay, back to the Trump rally.  Where's the link?  

4 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I agree she would have been good. Not great, but good. 

I wouldn't be surprised if in the current political climate and the with the outdated and inefficient government system we have it's impossible for anyone to be a great president ever again. Who was considered the last great president? Eisenhower? There's no way anyone can accomplish anything anywhere near the level of the interstate system in this current climate.