The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

MTG is telling people ithttps://www.axios.com/2024/03/22/majorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson-vacate-motion's a "warning shot" and not the actual vote. She just wants him gone but doesn't want it done on the floor yet. 

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/22/majorie-taylor-greene-mike-johnson-vacate-motion

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So she doesn't have the votes. 

She basically just wants to go back and have them pick a new speaker more to her taste. And if the last time was any indication, there sure as shit aren't the votes for that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

She basically just wants to go back and have them pick a new speaker more to her taste. And if the last time was any indication, there sure as shit aren't the votes for that. 

Yeah I meant she doesn’t have the votes for her preferred candidate yet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

image.thumb.png.41f906e491fd8012626a1e15db457ac2.png

Oh, the Dems voted it through? So it's a Dem bill?

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/hold-massive-spending-bill-passes-gop-led-house-more-democrat-votes-republicans

"The 1,012 page so-called "minibus" passed in the House with more votes from Democrats than Republicans. The final vote was 286-134 with 185 Democrats and 101 Republicans voting in favor of the measure."

That seems about as bipartisan as it can get. What a crock of shit headline.

Well technically Johnson keeps violating the Hastert rule that a bill that comes through a GOP majority should not have more Dem votes than GOP voters. It’s a dumb “rule”

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well technically Johnson keeps violating the Hastert rule that a bill that comes through a GOP majority should not have more Dem votes than GOP voters. It’s a dumb “rule”

I thought the Hastert rule was get the kid drunk first.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

"She's a RINO" is trending on Twitter. Why? Because Lisa Murkowski demonstrated a very basic level of understanding of sanity, so the bots are rejecting her due to an insufficient level of batshittery.  A woman threatens to leave the GOP because its leader rapes women.  Keep shrinking that base, MAGA! 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 11:05 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Obama benefitted from GWB just being so bad. He didn’t avenge 9/11 like he promised, Iraq was a fiasco, he alienated our allies, he cost Tony Blair his job, he bungled education, he bungled Katrina, he came off looking like an idiot whenever he went off script, and he left the economy in the shitter. He started two wars, didn’t finish either of them, and left his successor holding the bag. That was a lot to ask John “Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran” McCain to overcome even if he hadn’t selected Simple Sarah the Winking Bimbo as his running mate.

In 2012 the memory of the Bush years was still fresh, the economy had improved, it was nice having an intelligent, thoughtful, and articulate statesman in the White House again, and Romney/Ryan were such a perfect, boring stereotype of the privileged white elite. It was funny, though. I remember Karl Rove on Fox News practically throwing a fit, refusing to believe it when they called the election for Obama. Suck it, Turd Blossom, you sniveling, cheating little weasel.

Did a search for "Tony Blair" and unsurprisingly, because this isn't 25 years ago, not a lot of news. But thought this was funny and maybe some nostalgia for you Neocons:

This statue of former UK prime minister Tony Blair is getting its finishing touches before being cast in bronze and placed in the Kosovar town of Ferizaj. Blair is a celebrated figure in Kosovo due to his role in the 1999 NATO operation that forced Serbian forces to withdraw.

True story: there are several Kosovars named ‘Tonibler’ (ie, in honour of Tony Blair).

image.thumb.png.601226421ef0979a7b611e224d4b66e0.png

Edited by BeardIP

It was always strange to me how the Labour Party and left-wing movements in Europe and the U.S. turned their backs on Blair so abruptly.  Story for another thread, I suppose.  

But that statue, not that I can sculpt or am an art critic, looks like a mash-up of Martin Short and Sam Neil, not Tony Blair.  

And the bust on the far right of the table?  That's Blake Gideon looking at you across the way at a latenight Denny's.  

• Haha 1

What's that?  ANOTHER leopard ate ANOTHER person's face?  

https://www.tortreform.com/press-release/tlr-statement-on-texas-scorecard-documentary/?fbclid=IwAR2W7qr9X3ZtiJ0qgAFAPwJsGXbQh62J9YNAqVioWpUOpq0wBzbeVC1mAHk_aem_AaCYmJ1kmb80BYJszZb0NfvPuLmspOL5ISIyOvtlxyHGlcjepSJkdtRnXCl9sIe9X6e5P3DWZhC93XSwOQo59o7Z

Summary: Texans for Lawsuit Reform, a shitty hardcore conservative group that has worked tirelessly for the principle that businesses should be accountable to no one, is in the crosshairs of "Texas Scorecard," a nutbar MAGA-type group that 1) how has outsized power in Texas because the Texas GQP is nutbar MAGA, and 2) put out a documentary very critical of TLR (presumably as "deep state Rinos" or somesuch).

The fascists always end up turning on each other.  They always do.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Well, we do know that if there’s going to be a Republican Civil War, Donald Trump will give one hell of a Gettysburg Address.

Not sure I buy this.  I envision more of an Andersonville pep talk .

"He's a super successful businessman. A billionaire who doesn't need money from anyone. That's what makes him special." - 2016

Now? "Um.... well he's not technically a convicted felon yet. Dotard 2024!" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

And only 5%?

“Any split that is higher than 5% will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump’s campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”

Give more than your tribute cut to da boss and he'll like you more and maybe even do a campaign stop there (in between court dates).

11 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Give more than your tribute cut to da boss and he'll like you more and maybe even do a campaign stop there (in between court dates).

isn’t old greg abbott sitting on $75mil+ ?

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait a minute.  Does CLT_GOP (very clever) not understand that is word for word what he said over the weekend?

Is it the GQP?  Yes?  Then the answer is "no, they don't understand, because they are so very, very, very, very stupid."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

my newly discovered Q friend (former friend) says the 9 million military aged illegals (most released prisoners from Venezuela) are in their sleeper cells ready to attack on election day in November. is that the republican civil war? I'm confused.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, troph said:

my newly discovered Q friend (former friend) says the 9 million military aged illegals (most released prisoners from Venezuela) are in their sleeper cells ready to attack on election day in November. is that the republican civil war? I'm confused.

I have it on good authority from a former President of the United States that those 9 million illegal aliens are lazy.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I have it on good authority from a former President of the United States that those 9 million illegal aliens are lazy.

that would explain the sleeper part of their sleeper cells. I have to admit, I'm looking at the lawn guy with a more suspect eye. every time he waves and smiles at me I peer at  him through my office window and wonder - is he the guy that is going to start the civil war?

• Prepare your anus 1