2023 Texas Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It requires belief in reporting, but if you believe the report that they wanted the hire announced this week so they can sell it on junior day, then the jax guy is the only named candidate that you’d have an issue hiring on that timeline, right?

Maybe its Kliff but he decided to stay in Thailand another week. 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:41 PM, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Funny story  as a kid growing up i lived all over the world  europe, cali, east coast, but every summer we would spend 3 weeks on family land outside of holly beach Louisiana.   Family Had 30 acres of beach front property.  

I absolutely loved it  and looked forward to it every year.  

Y'all must have been rich as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Filani would be an awful hire. He has shown nothing whatsoever at Tech or WSU to support the idea he can actually develop or coach the position well. He isn't well liked on a personal level either. He was supposedly a part of why two of the top three wideouts at WSU, both two-year starters (Ollie and Stribling), hit the portal. People around Tech do not speak well of him on a personal level either and anyone you ask will talk about how much better the position played once Emmet Jones replaced him. 

SMH. That last paragraph just makes me disappointed even morethat UT missed the boat on Emmett Jones.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

SMH. That last paragraph just makes me disappointed even morethat UT missed the boat on Emmett Jones.

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Was never interested through multiple hiring cycles" is a bit different than "missed the boat"

Is that true? It just seemed like UT ended up choosing some else.

10 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Emmett Jones is such a phenomenal WR coach that he’s gone from Tech, then to Kansas, and back to Tech before joining the Cryptkeeper’s shitastic staff. 

Fuck Emmett Jones. 

LOL. How do you feel about Malcolm Kelly? Kelly & Jones are the 2 names that always come up these last 4 times that UT is seaeching for a WR coach.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

LOL. How do you feel about Malcolm Kelly? Kelly & Jones are the 2 names that always come up these last 4 times that UT is seaeching for a WR coach.

They're always on the initial list that 9.95ers draw up. Kelly because he's good, Jones because all the reporters know him from when he was a high school coach.

Then we proceed to not interview either of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

“We should also wait on Andy Reid. I think he would be an acceptable hire as WR coach, even if he has a questionable playoff record. Maybe we can give him the co-OC title, but I’m not sure if I trust Sark with that call.”

-some posters here

Do not want Reid. Would turn into another Beard situation when he finally gets arrested for assault with a sharpie.

• Haha 2

On 1/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, Hookem2147 said:

It’s pretty funny to see how in the dark/behind the 9.95ers are when it comes to coaching carousel stuff. Lots of info being reported days after it happens.

This isn’t like when Anwar was being spoon-fed info by Herman and his staff.

It's amazing to me that Chip Brown/Horns247, Anwar/OB, & TFB have very little to report on this WR coaching search. We're getting our info exclusively from Bobby Burton at IT.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Do you think that is accidental? No one is more connected to the program in $9.95erland than Bobby. Gerry’s amazing at what he does, but in football, Bobby is the guy. Deservedly so. I’ve said it before, as have others, but it bears repeating - Bobby Burton has done more to help Texas achieve excellence in NIL than damned near anyone. So, yeah, he’ll have the best information on what’s happening with the staff. 

It seems pretty obvious that Chris Jackson is the hire. 

I haven't seen Bobby in a press box with CDC haha

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Do you think that is accidental? No one is more connected to the program in $9.95erland than Bobby. Gerry’s amazing at what he does, but in football, Bobby is the guy. Deservedly so. I’ve said it before, as have others, but it bears repeating - Bobby Burton has done more to help Texas achieve excellence in NIL than damned near anyone. So, yeah, he’ll have the best information on what’s happening with the staff. 

It seems pretty obvious that Chris Jackson is the hire. 

image.gif.5c50f173509d0635b350e208cfd41b23.gif

5 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Because they’re obvious names for 995ers to throw out when they don’t have a clue who the HC is actually considering. You give way too much credence and spend way too much time listening to 995ers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

It's amazing to me that Chip Brown/Horns247, Anwar/OB, & TFB have very little to report on this WR coaching search. We're getting our info exclusively from Bobby Burton at IT.

love it, hopefully IT doenst have info either. Public doesnt need to know whats going on behind the scenes, as much and we all want to. Sark/CDC has plugged most leaks. Dont want any more FCB incidences to occur. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

He's going to double his salary and getting a fun extra AHC/Co-OC type of title. Not too shabby.

It’s just a difference in terms of his experience so far. But if it’s just for money and a title I guess that’s good enough. The workload is different tho

22 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Dumb question maybe but how does an NCAA team get anywhere close to paying an individual more than an NFL team would a similar Coaching position.

The labor cost is significantly higher in the NFL, mainly due to the college economics where the schools pay the athletes .... *checks notes* ....  Zero Dollars per year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bobby (IT) reporting that we should hear about the hire of the 'Special Assistant to the Head Coach' as early as today, or tomorrow.   Expect it to be an offensive minded-guy.  The hire has nothing to do with Gary Patterson, though IT still think it unlikely Patterson returns for next season.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Bobby (IT) reporting that we should hear about the hire of the 'Special Assistant to the Head Coach' as early as today, or tomorrow.   Expect it to be an effensive minded-guy.  The hire has nothing to do with Gary Patterson, though IT still think it unlikely Patterson returns for next season.

deffensive or offensive?

Edited by BurntOrange&White