Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

My BIL is a booster at Arkansas. He claims they’re getting Beard. I’m traveling and didn’t even realize Musselman took the USC job. 

I’m not traveling and I didn’t know musselman took the usc gig

fyi this is 59 year old Eric Musselmans wife:

IMG_9749.webp.7853821601b57f08cebb1adc72328845.webp

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I asked this in the coaching search thread but is Arkansas even a destination school or another stepping stone job for Beard? 

It would already be his 5th school in a relatively short amount of time. Eventually he has to stick somewhere if his ultimate goal is to win big. 

They just lost their coach to USC, they aren’t a destination school.

it depends on how quickly he wins big there. if he does there what Oats has done at Alabama then there’s no reason for him to leave for a “better” job, knowing that all of the better jobs also have more scrutiny, more booster BS, ridiculous expectations, etc. he can easily win big at Arkansas, and they like basketball enough to show up and give him the type of crowds he covets. i could defintely see him staying there awhile.

Again, take this FWIW, but allegedly he’s not signing an agreement with a moral clause in it, so the board has to meet and approve the contract. Additionally the background check has already come back with multiple accounts involving heavy alcohol usage. I mean, they’ll hire him anyway, if any of that is even true. 

I want the moral clause thing to be true because that is the kind of college sports/SEC coaching villainy that I find highly entertaining. I’m not cheering on any addiction problems, to be clear. I’m enjoying the notion that Petrino probably required them to waive the morals clause too. Please let it be so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

it depends on how quickly he wins big there. if he does there what Oats has done at Alabama then there’s no reason for him to leave for a “better” job, knowing that all of the better jobs also have more scrutiny, more booster BS, ridiculous expectations, etc. he can easily win big at Arkansas, and they like basketball enough to show up and give him the type of crowds he covets. i could defintely see him staying there awhile.

Outside of Beard's 10 year tenure at Tech as an assistant, he's jumped around his entire career. As an assistant and head coach. 

I get the sense this is who he is. It matches his erratic behavior. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is kind of wild. 

UALR > UNLV > TTU > UT

aside from the unlv “stint”, that’s just the typical ascendancy of a great coach. then he got arrested, lost his job, and had to start over. now:

ole miss > arkansas 

it sounds more wild in that tweet than it does when you actually look at why he’s “accepted” so many jobs.

that said it’s still pretty wild lol.

Edited by shadow_operative

Posted (edited)

The other thing for Arkansas is it looks like it will be a complete rebuild like Ole Miss based on what they are losing. Making the tournament in year 1 might be the ceiling for somebody like Beard. 

At what point does the shine wear off if he is looking to jump to another job? 

'19-20: 9-9 in the Big 12 and NCAA tournament cancelled.

'20-21: 9-8 in the Big 12 and round of 32. 

'21-22: 10-8 in the Big 12 and round of 32. 

'22-23: Choked his fiance and fired.

'23-24: 7-11 in SEC and missed the NCAA tournament. 

'24-25: A completely rebuilt Arkansas team. Maybe .500 in the SEC and a bubble team? 

Obviously, part of the issue here is jumping around and having to rebuild rosters/teams but we are reaching a pretty extensive period here where Beard hasn't won much of anything. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Posted (edited)

chris beard is the ja morant of college basketball coaches. nobody doubts his talent or his abilities. it’s 100% about keeping his crazy ass in line. he’s going to get every chance in the world from schools everywhere because they all know how good he is and what his ceiling looks like. they don’t care that he hasn’t “won” a lot lately because it has nothing to do with his abilities as a coach. the last time he was coaching at a real program he had Texas looking like this year’s U of H team. schools/programs know this, and they’re going to come after him until he fucks up so badly that he’s a total non-starter. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3

Arkansas could definitely be a destination job for Beard. Musselman took them to two elite eights and a sweet 16 all in a row. And Beard is a better coach than him. You could easily argue that Arkansas has a better history than Texas in hoops.

Moreover, they are consistently in the top-10 in attendance. Beard and his ridiculous promotion skillz would be a thing to behold there.

And the fact that it is a complete rebuild means nothing. Half the teams in the country are essentially in full rebound every year now.

13 hours ago, HookEm said:

Arkansas could definitely be a destination job for Beard. Musselman took them to two elite eights and a sweet 16 all in a row. And Beard is a better coach than him. You could easily argue that Arkansas has a better history than Texas in hoops.

Moreover, they are consistently in the top-10 in attendance. Beard and his ridiculous promotion skillz would be a thing to behold there.

And the fact that it is a complete rebuild means nothing. Half the teams in the country are essentially in full rebound every year now.

You can’t “easily argue” that Arkansas has a better history than Texas—they just straight up have a better history. 

No sane Texas fan would argue otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 8

33 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah and it's not relatively close....

image.png.f3dbf465af8a94b0aef993549b6a5851.pngimage.thumb.png.bc2b4a66b307c89e28cf753b1a96269e.png

It's crazy that Arkansas has not won a conference championship in thirty years...It's not like the SEC has been amazing for all of those years either.

Posted (edited)

Pretty clear at this point that the dude needs counseling and help with alcohol abuse issues. Until that happens he will never reach his potential as a coach. Which is a shame, because there's a lot there. Wasted talent is all it is. Yes, pun intended.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Pretty clear at this point that the dude needs counseling and help with alcohol abuse issues. Until that happens he will never reach his potential as a coach. Which is a shame, because there's a lot there. Wasted talent is all it is. Yes, pun intended.

I’m certainly not a beard apologist but how do we know he’s still o. The sauce?

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Again, take this FWIW, but allegedly he’s not signing an agreement with a moral clause in it, so the board has to meet and approve the contract. Additionally the background check has already come back with multiple accounts involving heavy alcohol usage. I mean, they’ll hire him anyway, if any of that is even true. 

I want the moral clause thing to be true because that is the kind of college sports/SEC coaching villainy that I find highly entertaining. I’m not cheering on any addiction problems, to be clear. I’m enjoying the notion that Petrino probably required them to waive the morals clause too. Please let it be so. 

As a recovering addict myself, trying to get a moral turpitude clause excluded is really bad news.  That means you know and acknowledge on several levels that alcohol or other drugs are adversely affecting your life and are trying to avoid the consequences of that.

I'm not judgy of addicts much, but there comes a point when they know they need help and for whatever reason they're declining it and continuing to do things that adversely affect their lives and attempting to avoid consequences.  That deserves judgment, imo.

• Hook 'Em 3

Again, I cannot vouch for my BIL’s access, I just know that he’s a decent booster and has usually been right when we bullshit over text, but he says the background check/references/PI, whatever, could not recommend the guy for hire and there were a number of people who would have to override that had concerns about their liability in doing so. 

If that is true, the level of toxicity in Beard’s world at this point has to be off the charts. I don’t view Arkansas as an outlaw program and they have legitimate business folks involved with their oversight and donor base, but you know those fuckers want to win and look the other way. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I’m certainly not a beard apologist but how do we know he’s still o. The sauce?

Didn't he make a point of giving up alcohol during one of his seasons at Texas?  I'm pretty sure that implies he was drinking otherwise.  (Not that I care, I hope it's not problematic but plenty of people drink socially with no issues.)

The morals clause, though, not signing it is very problematic.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Did Petrino really refuse a morality clause? He planning to dip his dick in the company pussy again?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I mean wasn't this even well-known at Tech? 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

The big issue with Beard is he's never had to face consequences in real life. Dude choked his fiance and missed half a season of college basketball. It sounds like Beard has been a drunk for going on a decade with no real punishment. 

It's going to take something seriously bad happening for him to change his behavior. 

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

So Beard couldn't pass a background check for the school that re-hired the neck brace. That's fucking tremendous.

Damn, kinda makes clear that UT really had to can him, for those still on the fence.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Damn, kinda makes clear that UT really had to can him, for those still on the fence.

It was pretty much a desperation move made by Ole MIss.

There were a lot of Texas fans that used the argument of "every other school would have kept Beard" but reality is it took one of the worst historical P5 programs in the country to actually hire him. Like Arkansas, I'm betting there are a ton of schools that can't hire Beard following a background check. 

The other thing about this coaching cycle is some pretty good jobs have come open. Arkansas, USC, and Louisville aren't tier 1 jobs but these are still quality options. 

It could be that Beard is waiting for a blue-blood to open but my bet is the market for him is much smaller than people realize because of his history/background check. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i talked to some people today and it sounds like beard is on his way to becoming the next BCG, which is a shame. he’s a Longhorn alum who could have been a coaching icon at Texas. now he’s too much of a liability to even land the arkansas job. what a sad fall from grace for a guy with such a preternatural ability to coach and build programs.

• Hook 'Em 6

27 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The other thing about this coaching cycle is some pretty good jobs have come open. Arkansas, USC, and Louisville aren't tier 1 jobs but these are still quality options. 

It could be that Beard is waiting for a blue-blood to open but my bet is the market for him is much smaller than people realize because of his history/background check. 

Lmao ok. You post like that guy Texas Strong. You try to sound like you know what you’re talking about and sound like a bot.