Bitches, man, bitches

UTCzech III

Link

Eric Abramovitz had been training for this moment for nearly his entire life: the opportunity to study under one of the best clarinet teachers on the planet, on a full-ride scholarship to a prestigious music conservatory in Los Angeles.

The college sophomore from Canada was already an elite musician, having won a slew of awards and delivering stunning solo performances in his home country's top symphonies. And completing his bachelor's degree at Colburn Conservatory of Music in Los Angeles on a full scholarship, worth about $50,000 a year, was a dream he had been working toward since he was 7 years old.

After a lengthy and competitive audition process, he was one of two students to receive the honor that would jump-start his career. It should have been a seminal moment in the 20-year-old's life, but he instead ended up devastated when he later got a rejection email.

"I was numb when I read the email. I had to read it a few more times," Abramovitz, now 24, told BuzzFeed News on Thursday. "When I found out I didn't get it, it was really hard to deal with. I went through some really dark, sad, angry days."

Little did he know, his girlfriend at the time was the one who had sent the heartbreaking rejection.

At the time, Abramovitz was dating Jennifer Lee and both were both serious musicians at McGill. They had recently moved in together and things "became serious very fast," he explained.

What happened next, outlined in interviews and court documents filed in Abramovitz's successful lawsuit against Lee, paint the picture of a promising "what if" life trajectory knocked off its rails by what a Canadian judge called "despicable interference" by a selfish girlfriend.

TLDR: dude gets congrats e-mail from professor to go to haughty music school  Crazy clingy girlfriend intercepts said e-mail, replies (as dude) that he is rejecting scholarship.  Deletes e-mail, creates fake e-mail acct. as prof and tells dude he didn't get scholarship.  Few years later, dude and prof meet again, hijinx ensues.

2 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

Link

TLDR: dude gets congrats e-mail from professor to go to haughty music school  Crazy clingy girlfriend intercepts said e-mail, replies (as dude) that he is rejecting scholarship.  Deletes e-mail, creates fake e-mail acct. as prof and tells dude he didn't get scholarship.  Few years later, dude and prof meet again, hijinx ensues.

That chick would get a visit from a couple other chicks named Brunhilda and Shanequa....  hillarity would ensue with the multiple video replays.

• Like 1

This guy might be one of the all-time great idiots.  Setting aside the stupidity of allowing his girlfriend unfettered access to his email and social media accounts, he didn't find it at all strange that the rejection email came from a gmail account?  The world-renowned, $50K per year LA music conservatory doesn't provide the world's greatest clarinet teacher on their staff a .EDU email address?  You're not gonna follow up on that at all?  Maybe make a quick phone call to the school to verify?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 12:35 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Artie Shaw definitely did.

Shaw was married 8 times. He had a thing with Paulette Goddard and was married to Lana Turner and Ava Gardner.

a8b5de350485ae3907624bd3e748b731.jpgeb382f907df7e272130f28dcee5de29b.jpgad97499a1e04162297b8c7c004412517.jpgfef480f7c23400b4ce8133e3800122a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dude had a talented tongue no doubt...