Hillbilly Tragicomedy: Senator J.D. Vance

956 Worldwide

I will hope I am wrong but this asshole will need his own thread. Vance’s first move as Senator from Ohio was to call for an audit of Ukraine. His first letter to the administration is about gas stoves. 

Skrong to very skrong competition with Gym Jordan for “worst legislator from Ohio.” 

This has been a thing for a few years.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/building-codes-climate_n_621e4b69e4b0afc668c68e59

A Battle Over Building Codes May Be The Most Important Climate Fight You’ve Never Heard Of

Big polluters tightened control over the nation’s building codes last year. Now fresh meddling from a gas utility has stoked fears for the future.

33 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m fairly certain smoking meat is the absolute worst thing for you in terms of cooking methods, but ain’t nobody givin that up

It’s not environmentally friendly, assuming you’re cooking with wood or charcoal, but could it be much of a health concern when you’re cooking outdoors? When I’m smoking on the WSM, I’m sitting a good distance away just watching the smoke rise up in the air. I only come in contact with it occasionally when I’m checking/rotating/basting the meat. I think sitting around a campfire exposes you to a lot more smoke. 

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s not environmentally friendly, assuming you’re cooking with wood or charcoal, but could it be much of a health concern when you’re cooking outdoors? When I’m smoking on the WSM, I’m sitting a good distance away just watching the smoke rise up in the air. I only come in contact with it occasionally when I’m checking/rotating/basting the meat. I think sitting around a campfire exposes you to a lot more smoke. 

The smoke has formaldehyde and other aldehydes as well as phenols that penetrate the meat and react with amino acids.  The parent chemicals as well as some of the byproducts of the reactions are carcinogenic. 

If you are familiar w the smell of formaldehyde you can pick it out among the other aromas in smoked meats

edit I’m talking about exposure from consumption not the cooking process. 

Edited by Sawbonz

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I have no data to back up this assumption, but I have to believe that the average weekend warrior isn't around BBQ smoke enough in their life for it to be an actual health risk.

The guy who mans the pits overnight at Franklin, day in and day out?  Yeah, that could be a problem.

9 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The smoke has formaldehyde and other aldehydes as well as phenols that penetrate the meat and react with amino acids.  The parent chemicals as well as some of the byproducts of the reactions are carcinogenic. 

If you are familiar w the smell of formaldehyde you can pick it out among the other aromas in smoked meats

Oh, you’re talking about eating the meat, not breathing the smoke. Yeah, don’t care. Maybe I’d live a little longer if I cut certain things out of my diet but the benefit isn’t worth the cost. 

33 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

edit I’m talking about exposure from consumption not the cooking process. 

Yeah: think esophageal , stomach, and colon cancer, not lung cancer.  I love bbq, but from a toxicology perspective, it should be enjoyed in moderation. 

Gas is also terrible for your air quality and most homes don’t have the necessary venting.

Edited by Bateshorn

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Oh, you’re talking about eating the meat, not breathing the smoke. Yeah, don’t care. Maybe I’d live a little longer if I cut certain things out of my diet but the benefit isn’t worth the cost. 

The little reading I did about the stove dust up was talking abt the (small) amounts of NG oxidation byproducts you can inhale while cooking over a gas stove not the relative environmental effects of gas vs electric. Neither cooking on a gas range nor eating a reasonable amt of smoked meats is likely to have a measurable effect on your health or lifespan

eta it appears the highest amt of harmful byproducts is from gas ovens, and most people use electric ovens even if the cooktop is gas so very unlikely a real issue. Kind of like almost everything you buy now has a label that says “this product contains potential carcinogens”

Edited by Sawbonz

49 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

During the freeze in 2021, my cousin's husband wanted to start a charcoal fire inside their house

Had a Bangladeshi housemate who wanted to do the same thing, inside, with lighter fluid and all. Not for heat, just as part of his plan to turn the house into Bangladesh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Or the naked burger at Maral…god dammit!

Dude, if I wanted naked meat in South Florida...I'd call up that cunt of a first lady...Melania.  She's a cock-sucking whore of a woman who has posed nude for money, sucked cum for cash, and been an all-around fuckbag of human shit for most of her life.  Granted, she seems like a nice mom to her son, and apparently finds Donald as repulsive as we do.  But she absorbs semen as a means to make her way through life.  I know she is a role model to the fat fucking moronic cunts that many surly posters call "wives"...but that's just something they're gonna have to work through.  I am deeply, deeply sorry about the glops of shit some of you have to "fuck" to stay sane in this world.  Pick a fold of fat, imagine it's Melania, and see what's what...

P.S. I can't wait to see what third world parking lot that cunt is buried in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

Many people are saying it.  Lots of people.  People with tears in their eyes.  Tremendous people.  

I remember I had 6th grade English teacher who used to call a student out during book reports/presentations/etc. if they uttered the phrase, "Everybody said" or "Everybody knows" or "Everybody thinks" and she'd ask, "Okay, name one of those everybodys please."  And we, the students, would get so embarrassed that we never used those phrases again through grad school.  But Trump made it popular again and now his minions think it's proper logic & grammar.  

31 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Many people are saying it.  Lots of people.  People with tears in their eyes.  Tremendous people.  

The reason why the people around him have tears in their eyes is because he smells like he got run over by a herd of sheep with diarrhea.

• Haha 2

What was the line in "Anchorman"

"Oh God, it smells like a used diaper...filled with Indian food." 

You could paste Trump's head over Paul Rudd's and then Melania's over Veronica's.  "That's the smell of desire, m'lady."  

It smells like Bigfoot's Dick!