2023 Dallas Cowboys "We Suck Again" Off-Season Thread

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

We just traded Joseph for a meh CB from Miami. Our bum for their bum, might as well.

I'm guessing they think Iggy is a good fit for the hybrid thing they use in Quinn's defense. He was an LB to CB convert, they needed another body like that in the mix after losing Overshown.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Hope they're scouring the waiver wire for serviceable OL. An injury prone top 5 and three JAG backups isn't gonna cut it.

That injury prone OL with no depth and they cut their only decent in-line blocking TE. Not looking good for Mr Interceptions Leader. 

11 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Cowboys got cute and lost Isaiah land to colts trying to park him on ps. A loss from having a spot taken up with fucking Trey Lance.

Who?

I bet Lance doesn’t have any game day roster appearances barring injury.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-emergency-qb-rule-3rd-quarterback-2023/pcbxurweiswxq4o1ns2ubbqh

Edited by lilMAC25

Who?

I bet Lance doesn’t have any game day roster appearances barring injury.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-emergency-qb-rule-3rd-quarterback-2023/pcbxurweiswxq4o1ns2ubbqh

Agreed. All the more reason it was a stupid move. He’ll be a qb3 + 1 active on game day. I doubt he gets 3 minutes if we have a 42-0 lead in the 4q. If Dak goes down they will likely sign a FA vet to backup Rush. A qB3 belongs on the PS running scout team opening a slot on the 53 for positional depth elsewhere.

Gil Brandt, 91, died today. Really changed the role of the back office in football by the first introduction of computers and data based analytics to build the first Cowboys dynasty.

He drafted 41 pro bowlers, 9 Hall of Famers, and 15 ring of honor players. Rightfully in the hof.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Gil Brandt, 91, died today. Really changed the role of the back office in football by the first introduction of computers and data based analytics to build the first Cowboys dynasty.

He drafted 41 pro bowlers, 9 Hall of Famers, and 15 ring of honor players. Rightfully in the hof.

Rip, loved listening to him in nfl radio

14 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

started a thread for him

his passing will get buried in this thread

attribution to zilla

12 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Rip, loved listening to him in nfl radio

I hate any time anybody dies but he was living to be dead, so to speak 

15 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Maybe 1 or 2 guys still on the roster from that gif?  

Sean Lee and Felix Jones? That has to be 2010 to 2012. Nobody is left from then except the Jones'

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I hate any time anybody dies but he was living to be dead, so to speak 

Sean Lee and Felix Jones? That has to be 2010 to 2012. Nobody is left from then except the Jones'

That’s Byron Jones.    So more like 2014-2016.   Tyron and Zack….maybe Dak depending upon what year 

Now Tyron Smith is got an ankle and might not play. Thanks for the o line depth Jerry!

Roster is sick everywhere else though. Bring back peters as a spare plug.

They should have had faith in Ferguson and hendershot and gone guard instead of schoonmaker. I think that’s the biggest takeaway from the draft.

Mazi looks ok so far, and I’m sure he will improve while immediately helping us situationally, but I thought we were deep at DT and we cut bouhana who seemed like he provided about as much as mazi. Hankins provides about as much as mazi.

Here is to hoping asim Richard’s pans out as a steal

Speaking of draft and mentioned in the lions game thread but how crazy their draft which was given a “meh” had four rookie contributors that were meaningful in the win.

As a first round pick, Mazi needs to be really good. Just being marginally better than Taco who was an all time bust shouldn’t cut it.

Edited by animaltobacco11
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, animaltobacco11 said:

Speaking of draft and mentioned in the lions game thread but how crazy their draft which was given a “meh” had four rookie contributors that were meaningful in the win.

As a first round pick, Mazi needs to be really good. Just being marginally better than Taco who was an all time bust shouldn’t cut it.

There is a lot of room in between really good and marginally better than Taco.

25 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

There is a lot of room in between really good and marginally better than Taco.

I was being hyperbolic, and I believe you take my point. He needs to be an impact player week 1. That’s just what a first round pick oughta be when talking about definition of success. Lions had rounds 1-4 making game changing plays.

I know we all hate Randy Gregory because of how things ended, but I thought this was both hilarious and unhinged. Which I guess means of course Randy Gregory said it:

#Broncos players were asked why they hate the #Raiders and Randy Gregory said it's because of Mark Davis' haircut "I don't like the owner's haircut, I don't like the bowl cut.. kinda pisses me off"
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didn't see Jerrah's interview in ESPN this morning, but the tease was him saying, "I don't have to talk to the owner, I don't have to talk with the GM, if I want to do something I just do it." Yea, that's the problem you narcissistic prick. You make shitty decisions and there's nobody who will challenge you while you continue to suck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Cowboys fan apathy so high we can't even make an in season thread? Thanks Jerruh.

Yep…I stated this somewhere, I don’t get excited about wins nor do I get upset about losses. I’m completely indifferent to the Cowboys. Like the kids say, “They’re meh”.

Yeah. Pretty sad. Daks trash. But jerry bout to make him highest paid player in history

According to Jerry, Dak is the greatest qb he’s ever had in every element. So he’ll give Dak a huger contract and Parsons will be the highest paid d player in history. The rest of the tess as m will divy up the remains $2.8m in cap room.

I would trade Parsons right now for big draft picks.