LTtxfan

Hot takes:

Cowboys roster is very deep

McCarthy was fine calling plays

Execution was sloppy early.

Deuce is electric.

Damone Clark was all over the place.

Mazi needs more development.

Ferguson is good, not sure why we drafter schoonyboy.

Grier is a practice squad guy.

That 6’6” wr Stephenson needs to see more action.

Turpin can be cut, nice guy but not good enough.

4 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Hot takes:

Cowboys roster is very deep

McCarthy was fine calling plays

Execution was sloppy early.

Deuce is electric.

Damone Clark was all over the place.

Mazi needs more development.

Ferguson is good, not sure why we drafter schoonyboy.

Grier is a practice squad guy.

That 6’6” wr Stephenson needs to see more action.

Turpin can be cut, nice guy but not good enough.

Jalen Tolbert has made the 2nd year jump and looks to be in good position for the 4th WR.

Isaiah Land had a really nice game.  May be PS but may be last edge guy kept.

John Stephens is gonna take someone's job.  He may end up better than the 2nd round kid.

I'm not real fans of our backup RBs.  Vaughn is a nice RB3 gadget guy, but Dowdle and the other kid look like jags.

Zack Martin was the biggest winner from tonight.  Jerrah is gonna eat shit and have to pay him because Ball sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Zack Martin was the biggest winner from tonight.  Jerrah is gonna eat shit and have to pay him because Ball sucks.

don’t be a fucking moron.  zack isn’t going to give up thirteen million dollars.  jerry doesn’t have to do shit and zack will return and play in week one.

Mazi was drafted to do one thing: plug the middle to stop that fucking Philly QB sneak where the RBs push him down the field. He looks like he’ll be a nice fireplug as he develops.

Overshown a nice pick.

Malik Davis can’t seem to block or run. Bye. Rico looked ok except for fumbling. Give him another week. Hunter Luepke looks like a real deal fullback and ran tough.

Get Martin in camp.

Kelvin Joseph YKDV Bossman Fat should be cut in the locker room. Piece of shit. Another Jerry reclamation project that can’t cover, can’t tackle. Should be in prison.

I like the faster pace of Mike’s offense without all that stupid slow pace and constant adjustment of Kellen moore, who will fuck up Herbert in San Diego or where ever they play.

This team is deep and going to be very good if: Dak doesn’t throw 100 INTs. Zack gets back. Somebody steps up to spell Pollard.

I don’t see deuce as a gadget guy, every time I’ve seen him play he has been electric and all eyes were on him. The Barry sanders comparison during the game wasn’t crazy bc he is that shifty. He is small, but his feet can still reach the ground just as well as anyone’s and he plays rb with a knack for not taking a head on get blown up hit, so defenders can never get their center of mass on his center of mass and his size becomes a weapon.

Did mazi offer a lot more than bouhanna in terms of size? I think his fully evolved form will be considerable but he isn’t there yet. I also think isiah stanbeck may have called him “big dick mazi” at the beginning of the game but the other guy was kind of talking over him bc a play was happening.

5 hours ago, DougO said:

What's the over/under on Deuce Vaughn total rushing yards in the 2023 season? 

If he plays like this consistently he'll be the 1b to Pollards 1 but he may rack up a lot more receiving touches than straight carries. That little dude is just a pure running back so I'm not going to bet against him. I say over 600.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

If he plays like this consistently he'll be the 1b to Pollards 1 but he may rack up a lot more receiving touches than straight carries. That little dude is just a pure running back so I'm not going to bet against him. I say over 600.  

I think that's a pretty good number. He may be that late game grinder to seal games with the lead, as well as the change of pace guy. Or Pollard may end up being the change of pace guy.

8 hours ago, DougO said:

What's the over/under on Deuce Vaughn total rushing yards in the 2023 season? 

390 yds.

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think a pollard/deuce/luedke backfield might be pretty good. 43 runs tough and blocks.

Feels like we're going to pick up another guy after final cuts.  Maybe not and they give Dowdle some run, but that's what it feels like.  It's interesting.  A big decision may come down to whether we dress a 4th RB or TE a cut time.  ST's will play a big role.... or injury.  

12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Martin came to an agreement and is on his way to Oxnard.

Martin's new deal will pay him north of $18 million in each of the next two years, according to the sources, who said both years have been fully guaranteed.

Martin was scheduled to be at $13.5 million this year and $14 million next year, so the reworked deal represents an additional $8.5 million-plus for him.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:01 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Of course he is..... and we're currently 20m under.  Don't be a simpleton.  If you're on the same side of the argument as futureman, then you'll always been on the wrong side of the argument.  Be better.  I'm sure it will all be taken care of but Jerrah doesn't need to open his fucking mouth, but he always does.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:09 PM, futureman said:

tell me you don't know how the salary cap works without telling me you don't know how the salary cap works.

On 8/13/2023 at 12:50 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

On 8/13/2023 at 2:17 AM, futureman said:

don’t be a fucking moron.  zack isn’t going to give up thirteen million dollars.  jerry doesn’t have to do shit and zack will return and play in week one.

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Martin's new deal will pay him north of $18 million in each of the next two years, according to the sources, who said both years have been fully guaranteed.

Martin was scheduled to be at $13.5 million this year and $14 million next year, so the reworked deal represents an additional $8.5 million-plus for him.

futureman showing more of his dizzying intellect...... for the newbies, a reminder that the guy's a troll and you treat him as such.  He's a moron too....

You-re-not-the-Thor-I-know-at-all-are-yo

We still need another OL, the rookie kid Richards did okay, but he's not a tackle..... rather they just play him inside.  Farniok played okay too but not great.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

That’s like 1800 yards in a real sized person so All Pro numbers.
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Thank God Jerry listened to Stephen or Will or Charlotte or God that said you’re going to die before you see another ring if you keep fucking up.

On another issue, zeke signed with the Pats for an incentive loaded contract that could pay him up to $6m.

Lol.  Jerry got by pretty easy on this one.  About the same type deal that DLAw signed.   Lower salary extension fully guaranteed.   Seems he might know what he’s doing as well 

3 weeks and 1 day from Sunday Night Football season kick off. Looking at the early schedule it's Giants, Jets, Cardinals, Patriots to start. If this team is as deep and ready for the next step that needs to be a 4-0 start heading into week 5 SNF against the Niners. Jets could be tricky but they get them week 2 while they're still trying to settle in with Rodgers and this Cowboys team should beat them. 

Robert Quinn may be available cheap.

23 hours agoFree-agent defensive end Robert Quinn was arrested on Friday in Summerville, South Carolina. According to police, the 33-year-old allegedly drove his pickup truck into four vehicles before smacking a woman in the face. He was eventually caught after attempting to flee the area and charged with multiple crimes, including assault and battery. 

1 minute ago, Fudbelty said:

That was weird. Wtf was wrong?

Looked like he planted the left leg (I think) awkwardly before he made contact with the runner. Could be as mild as a hyperextension, but could be a lot worse. 

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

Looked like he planted the left leg (I think) awkwardly before he made contact with the runner. Could be as mild as a hyperextension, but could be a lot worse. 

Hoping it’s nothing

he was all over the field before that.

Edited by lilMAC25