2023 Dallas Cowboys "We Suck Again" Off-Season Thread

LTtxfan

23 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Same is true in Oklahoma and Arkansas. Oklahoma sent the Indian gaming compacts to a vote of the people in 2004 which was approved, way before we had a governor who hated Indians. It passed pretty easily. We also legalized medicinal mj by initiative petition and a vote of the people. Are initiative petitions not a thing in Texas? The Oklahoma legislature tried to kill them after Medicaid was expanded by initiative petition and vote, but I think they backed off, last I heard. 

If the tyrant doesnt want it he finds a way to make it not happen. I'm sure plenty of well-meaning folks have been bullied and blackmailed.

Edited by Pam Cummings

It's probably something to do with the people in power make more money off of the illegality and racket that brings. Fines, drug classes, etc. It's all a big joke.

Uhh are you just figuring this out? Have you ever looked at the powers and groups that are aligned against legalization? It’s why we’ve had so little movement on the federal level in the classification of weed as a schedule I narcotic.

It’s all about the money. Big Pharma wants no competition, the liquor industry opposes it, the cartels hate it, trial lawyers don’t want a money train to evaporate, the treatment industry lives on court ordered referrals, police departments get fed interdiction money, govt profits from massive asset seizures, on and on.

Most states have fucked up their weed legalization efforts with overregulation, overtaxation, and no effort at other benefits. Were I elected governor I would put together a great group to study how best to use cannabis for the best benefits of Texas. First I would charge A&M to develop the finest strains of weed along the lines of a Texas 1015 onion. I would use the UT Medical Systems to be a world leading weed research facility charged to study the hundreds of cannabinoids in the plant to learn the many God given benefits of this plant for the benefit of the world and owned by the people of Texas rather than Big Pharma. To restore small town Texas in agriculture and processing enterprise zones would be created to bring money and jobs to those areas only on Texan owned land. Chinese and foreign ownership would be prohibited and the use of shell corps a near capital crime. Drug cartels would be ruthlessly hunted down and cross border pursuit by the Texas Guard and Air Guard used to clear the border while our great Texified weed becomes the standard of the world.

I haven’t smoked dope since 1982. I believe in the magic of this plant medically for many ailments and believe it can help our opioid addicted veterans who are killing themselves daily. I believe anyone opposed to legal weed is at best a fool but most likely one profiting from it remaining illegal. Every politician opposed is likely owned by either drug traffickers or big Pharma or both. I think this is a rare opportunity for Texas to use to help our state and the world .
  • Hook 'Em 2

“First of all, I’m seeing that he is, which is more often the case than not, this sounds a little hollow, but he is maturing. And he is. What was he going 66 miles per hour (when he was arrested this year)? So, he’s 34 miles an hour less this year. Ninety-eight to 66, that’s improvement. We’ll keep working. We’ll get it down.”

I despise Jerry Jones at least as much as the next guy, but this was hilarious, first-rate trolling from Old Scratch. I laughed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Uhh are you just figuring this out? Have you ever looked at the powers and groups that are aligned against legalization? It’s why we’ve had so little movement on the federal level in the classification of weed as a schedule I narcotic.

It’s all about the money. Big Pharma wants no competition, the liquor industry opposes it, the cartels hate it, trial lawyers don’t want a money train to evaporate, the treatment industry lives on court ordered referrals, police departments get fed interdiction money, govt profits from massive asset seizures, on and on.

Most states have fucked up their weed legalization efforts with overregulation, overtaxation, and no effort at other benefits. Were I elected governor I would put together a great group to study how best to use cannabis for the best benefits of Texas. First I would charge A&M to develop the finest strains of weed along the lines of a Texas 1015 onion. I would use the UT Medical Systems to be a world leading weed research facility charged to study the hundreds of cannabinoids in the plant to learn the many God given benefits of this plant for the benefit of the world and owned by the people of Texas rather than Big Pharma. To restore small town Texas in agriculture and processing enterprise zones would be created to bring money and jobs to those areas only on Texan owned land. Chinese and foreign ownership would be prohibited and the use of shell corps a near capital crime. Drug cartels would be ruthlessly hunted down and cross border pursuit by the Texas Guard and Air Guard used to clear the border while our great Texified weed becomes the standard of the world.

I haven’t smoked dope since 1982. I believe in the magic of this plant medically for many ailments and believe it can help our opioid addicted veterans who are killing themselves daily. I believe anyone opposed to legal weed is at best a fool but most likely one profiting from it remaining illegal. Every politician opposed is likely owned by either drug traffickers or big Pharma or both. I think this is a rare opportunity for Texas to use to help our state and the world .

I Believe You GIF by The Roku Channel

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

This is so fucking stupid. In Texas 1 gummy = felony

It is stupid. I’ve never tried it, and I have no intentions of trying it,  but without question it should be legal. It should be treated just as alcohol is treated.

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Shanahan saw enough of this bum that he was willing to move on after just a few starts. 

He needs a LOT of time and even then, he might not ever be any good. 

Dallas got him for a 4th or so, not the idiotic 3 first and a 3rd that San Fran gave up.

• Hook 'Em 2

This also doesn't make sense from a roster perspective. They were solidified with Dak and Rush as the backup and cut Grier. Now they're going to have to keep a 3rd QB on the 53 which means they have to short another position. Probably will have to cut someone who will get claimed off waivers. 

The guy regarded as one of the top QB coaches in the league being disgusted with him enough to do this after only 2 seasons tells me there's some serious issues with how this guy performs his day to day duties that will keep him from ever planning out. They chose to keep Sam ducking Darnold over this guy they mortgaged 3 first round drafts to get. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

This also doesn't make sense from a roster perspective. They were solidified with Dak and Rush as the backup and cut Grier. Now they're going to have to keep a 3rd QB on the 53 which means they have to short another position. Probably will have to cut someone who will get claimed off waivers. 

The guy regarded as one of the top QB coaches in the league being disgusted with him enough to do this after only 2 seasons tells me there's some serious issues with how this guy performs his day to day duties that will keep him from ever planning out. They chose to keep Sam ducking Darnold over this guy they mortgaged 3 first round drafts to get. 

One of the Top QB coaches in the league???? How Sway?? Top offensive mind? , yeah sure. Top play caller? Absolutely!! But top QB coach in the league. Exactly who has he coached up. He's a brilliant playcaller who makes it easy for a lesser QB to succeed, but I'm not exactly sure what proof you have of him being a top QB coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Can this guy beat out Cooper Rush?

I like it for a 4th rounder. Developmental prospect behind Rush this year, and potential backup next year. Nothing much to lose, but a lottery ticket with potential to pay off if he can turn it around. He needed a new start, change of scenery and style and lack of pressure might do him good.

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

One of the Top QB coaches in the league???? How Sway?? Top offensive mind? , yeah sure. Top play caller? Absolutely!! But top QB coach in the league. Exactly who has he coached up. He's a brilliant playcaller who makes it easy for a lesser QB to succeed, but I'm not exactly sure what proof you have of him being a top QB coach. 

I mean if you want one example Matt Ryan was All Pro level with him. Not anywhere near it without. 

Part of coaching QBs as a HC/OC is putting them in positions to succeed. He's shown to be pretty damn good at that at multiple stops. If he feels he can't get anything out of this guy that can't be a good sign. 

It puts Dak on notice a little bit, doesn't it?  What's realistically the soonest we could move on from Dak without it killing the cap?  This isn't to start a "Dak" discussion.  I just do not follow the salary cap at all so I have no idea.

9 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I'm not knowledgeable about these things - is it too soon/too late for Lance to suite up for the final preseason game for Dallas?

I would guess extremely unlikely he would play. But you never know. Maybe they have him take a few snaps just to welcome him to the team.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I like it. Rush is a capable backup but will never be more than that, like Jason Garrett. Lance could still be good, his floor is capable backup or third string under the new rule. His ceiling is higher. Worth it in my opinion.

His floor is working at Home Depot. 

• Haha 4

On 8/23/2023 at 9:44 PM, TornACL said:

If you wrote an HBO series about a dysfunctional pro football franchise, and had the owner saying this, they'd throw you out if the writer's room.

Oh, it's coming on Netflix.  Many on this thread will go willingly watching while it builds the owner into some misunderstood hero, rather than the incompentent dickhead he is.

11 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I'm a little too close to this, but it's very true.

7 hours ago, D_Goose said:

He’s only played one full season of football since high school and it was as a redshirt freshman at an FCS school. Very skeptical it works out but am not going to lament only giving up a 4th rounder.

I'm totally here.  You get a look at a premium QB consideration for an outside 100 pick.  Supposedly, he still needs to rebuild his motion but if we can re-sign him to a cheap extension for another 2 years, this could end up being a nice acquisition, even if we trade him outl

Cowboys draft: Footage shows Dallas was debating between Mazi Smith and Matthew Bergeron

A look back at the Cowboys first-round selection of Mazi Smith and the choice between a trade, and Matthew Bergeron.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2023/8/25/23846020/cowboys-draft-footage-mazi-smith-matthew-bergeron-jerry-jones-mick-mccarthy-debate-trade-offer

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Wasn't SF's main problem with him was that he was too expensive to be a 3rd-stringer?

Tom Brady is gonna come busting through the Titantron the second Purdy breaks a nail

34 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Oh, it's coming on Netflix.  Many on this thread will go willingly watching while it builds the owner into some misunderstood hero, rather than the incompentent dickhead he is.

They should get James McAvoy

I think it’s a horrible trade. Makes zero sense. A fourth and a spot on a 53. If I had been Jerry I would have targeted Brandon Allen off the Niners and got him for nothing. Allen is an excellent qb3, great in the crew room and will likely be a qb coach soon, and could win a game if needed.

So Lance has had now three ones, a two and now a four spent for him, and he hasn’t shown any potential in any element you need in a qb.

I'm mostly indifferent towards the trade but I lean toward it being a positive.  Mainly because he's a talent upgrade with high upside.  I'm all for churning the bottom of the roster and they did that.  Maybe a change of scenery with fewer expectations is just what he needs.  Maybe its not and he's a bust.  Either way its only a 4th so imo it's worth a shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes lowered expectations are the remedy for first round pick NFL QBs who are busts.

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

In the end it's a 4th round pick so not that big of a deal but it's about a 99 percent chance it's a wasted pick. Just like Josh Rosen and the dozens of other first round pick QBs that bust then get traded for peanuts and accomplish absolutely nothing. 

• Haha 1