Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

8 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Same here; I quit posting during games Game 6 in Houston. Won’t be doing it again until April…

Good.  You guys do your part.  I was afraid I was going to have to fly back to Miami (where I was games 6 and 7) and watch scores from my phone the rest of the series but thankfully Seager and Adolis saved me from that.

Yep one of the CU games "after dark" ended around 930 and the gf wanted to go out after and I was like wtf I would be in boxers in bed high as hell eating cheetos if I was a home was an eye opener, I am way too fucked up to go out. Also, SNF ending before 8 p.m. is weird one as well. 
Pics of gf?
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean not really. He threw Gray and Smith. He only let Dane throw 1 inning. 

I guess going back to Leclerc in the 11th was ballsy. We should still be in a good spot going forward. Let Leclerc rest tomorrow. 

mainly LeClerc and pinch running for Heim.

9 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

OMG!!!?!??!! LeClerc pitched 2 innings?? He'll never be able to pitch again for a month!!!!...  -- everyone except old school motherfuckers like Bruce

Dude we got this. Bruce knows what he's got. 

nobody is saying that dumbass.

57 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I love her. 

I have never heard of her, but she appears to be quite fuckable. Would be very fun to celebrate the win with.

52 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Hedges looked like me tho. He did. I can do what he did. 

We ALL could do what he did.

His at bat was simply putrid.

This is unprecedented, and we're watching it. What a blast that game was.

The most concern I had was after the 7th, when Semien, Seager and Carter went down quickly. 

I still thought we just needed a base runner or two to get one more chance for the big bats.

Taveras walked of course, but the Heim walk in the 8th was massive.

It was a long AB. It got to 3-2 right away. Then Heim fouled off three straight. Heim didn't do much all game, and got abused by AZ's nightmare base runners, but that walk was huge.

One, it was off Ginkel who has been lights out. And hadn't walked anyone in 5 postseason innings and struck out 6.

Two, no runs that inning but it (and Garcia's seeing eye single just before) turned over the lineup.

It meant a 9th of Taveras Semien and Seager and not Jung Leody and Marcus.

And the Rangers had that one more chance.

Fucking baseball.

Game 2 motherfuckers.

Let's go Rangers.

• Like 1

I mean to be down 2 in the bottom of the 9th to have Corey save us. Then to have Jose F'ing LeClerc come in and throw two great innings to hold the tie. Then to have it come down to El Bombi launching one that didn't even seem like it should've gone that long is just some storybook Hollywood type shit. What an epic night of baseball. 

Seems like a something normally would happen to us in this situation,gut wrenching loss in the 9th.

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, he had a terrible game at bat and in the field before that walk totally redeemed himself.

He’s quietly had a really bad ALCS if you can call it that. The angle he took on the triple was so bad, he was killing us in the field and at the plate, so drawing that walk was both the least he could do and pleasantly surprising when it happened 

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I never felt more like a major leaguer than watching Austin Hedges bat.  

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought that was Bochys one horrible move all post season where he has been masterfully pushing the right buttons. It felt too much like an emotional (he loves Hedgie) to bring in a guy who has 0 post season ant bats and barely any all season and is just a clubhouse guy at this point and going for the story book ending. It was something dusty baker would do.

Edited by BeardIP

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

I mean to be down 2 in the bottom of the 9th to have Corey save us. Then to have Jose F'ing LeClerc come in and throw two great innings to hold the tie. Then to have it come down to El Bombi launching one that didn't even seem like it should've gone that long is just some storybook Hollywood type shit. What an epic night of baseball. 

Best game ever.

The question I have is, especially after another horrible night at the plate (0-5), are we going to win the WS with Semien basically being non-existent all postseason? That’s promising because imagine if he was hitting even half as good as he did in the regular season.

2 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought that was Bochys one horrible move all post season where he has been masterfully pushing the right buttons. It felt too much like an emotional (he loves Hedgie) to bring in a guy who has 0 post season ant bats and barely any all season and is just a clubhouse guy at this point and going for the story book ending. It was something dusty baker would do.

uh, he had to bat. Bochy pinch ran for Heim as the tying run on based. I think Bochy thought if we get to hedges(7th in the order at the time of the replacement) we've probably won the game anyway.  It wasn't a great move but I understand it a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

You’re stupid. You’re truly stupid.

Bochy wasn’t going for a storybook ending. The mistake (if you want to call it that) was going for the tie in the 8th. Heim walked and we pinch ran Smith so that a ball in the gap ties the game. Bochy then only had one available catcher unless we burn our DH.

I swear there are people in this thread that have 0 baseball knowledge or ability to actually watch a game and comprehend what’s happening.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

uh, he had to bat. Bochy pinch ran for Heim as the tying run on based. I think Bochy thought if we get to hedges(7th in the order at the time of the replacement) we've probably won the game anyway.  It wasn't a great move but I understand it a bit.

Yea so you don’t pinch run Heim, is the underlying issue

Best game ever.
The question I have is, especially after another horrible night at the plate (0-5), are we going to win the WS with Semien basically being non-existent all postseason? That’s promising because imagine if he was hitting even half as good as he did in the regular season.

Nope. Impossible. We’ll never win a game where he goes hit less. We’re fucked.