Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

Not going to lie - needing 16 pitches from Leclerc wasn't great. But outside of that and burning Heaney we're sitting pretty. No Sborz, just an inning of Dunning and Bradford, no Chapman (who - say what you want - has been a lot better than that fucking shitshow from the last 3 guys) and obviously Eovaldi and Montgomery both available. 

We're in the driver's seat. Just don't drive this thing off a fucking cliff. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Anyone else get so high off that Semien HR + trick or treating to-go booze + halloween candy that the bullpen melt down to end it almost makes it feel like a loss?  Hate to see we somehow ended up with a pen in worse shape than theirs, but Fuck it.  We're 1 away.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Anyone else get so high off that Semien HR + trick or treating to-go booze + halloween candy that the bullpen melt down to end it almost makes it feel like a loss?  Hate to see we somehow ended up with a pen in worse shape than theirs, but Fuck it.  We're 1 away.   

We used pitchers that will never be used in a close game. It’s ok

besides Leclerc obviously. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

No.

It felt very much like a win.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This should be stamped in bronze somewhere on Randoll Mill. In one of the vague business parks headed to 360

• Haha 1

Didn’t agree with using Burke so soon. Don’t know if those potential injury replacements travel with the team or if he had to hop a plane last night or this morning, but that’s a quick turnaround from off the roster and tossing bullpens every few days to in the World Series.  Don’t see a reason not to give Bradford the 8th also. 

but since all that did happen, and he didn’t want to use Stratton for the 9th, I actually was ok with will smith for the experience and then leclerc for their big 3 righties to make sure. 

im sure jose will go again tomorrow if the opportunity is there, just hope he has it on a third day. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Being up 3-1 in a world series never feels like a loss

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, BERT said:

We used pitchers that will never be used in a close game. It’s ok

besides Leclerc obviously. 

Oh I know.  Just hated we had to burn him for tomorrow after a 10 run lead.   But fuck it.  Eovaldi will pitch a gem tomorrow then Chapman will walk the bases loaded with a 1 run lead and get a GIDP to end it!  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

As a Rangers fan for 47 years, I understand your PTSD.  But a 3-1 lead with Nate and Monty on deck feels pretty good about now.  Especially given expectations coming into this season.

That said, I know I just killed us all, I'm an arrogant bastard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

im sure jose will go again tomorrow if the opportunity is there, just hope he has it on a third day. 

16 yesterday and 16 today. He should be fine. Not like there's anything left after this, anyway. He can push it to the limit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

As a Rangers fan for 47 years, I understand your PTSD.  But a 3-1 lead with Nate and Monty on deck feels pretty good about now.  Especially given expectations coming into this season.

That said, I know I just killed us all, I'm an arrogant bastard.

PTSD is right.  I started walking my kid to bed right as they hit that HR and nerves kicked in.    But all negative vibes aside, that's a huge win.  I felt all day the bats would pick up Adolis and they absolutely did.   No reason we can't do the same thing again tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Didn’t agree with using Burke so soon. Don’t know if those potential injury replacements travel with the team or if he had to hop a plane last night or this morning, but that’s a quick turnaround from off the roster and tossing bullpens every few days to in the World Series.  Don’t see a reason not to give Bradford the 8th also. 

but since all that did happen, and he didn’t want to use Stratton for the 9th, I actually was ok with will smith for the experience and then leclerc for their big 3 righties to make sure. 

Pretty sure they’ve been with the team the whole time; I saw Duran in the dugout last night…

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Had Halloween shit I was doing but what a great f'ing win. 11 runs without Adolis. I wish LeClerc didn't have to come in. It's right there for them. 3 chances. Let's win this shit tomorrow and be done with it. 

Bro when Will Smith got that second out there was no choice.

No way he was going to get a 3rd

Very happy to be up 3-1. One more and we're world champs!!

Using Jose tonight bothers me. I get not wanting to take any chances but we couldn't find someone else to get us one out? Jose is not great on back to backs. He's done it three times this post-season.

10/4 1 inning, 2 hits
10/8 .2 innings, 1 hit 1 run
10/16 1.1 innings, 2 walks

Here are his career numbers for pitching on one day vs zero day rest.

1 day : 4.12 ERA, 1.373 WHIP
0 days: 8.31 ERA, 2.077 WHIP

It would've been ideal to give him tonight off. Back to back nights are hard for him. B2b2b would be even worse. I don't have data for this but from my pitching days and from the feedback I've gotten from the HS boys I've coached over the past decade your arm just feels dead, even on the fastball. Jose's big out pitch, his slider, doesn't break as cleanly. Your mechanics falter and you lose control. It's a struggle. Lots of us have sons who've pitched several times in a weekend at tournaments, I'm sure you've seen the same thing.

It'd be awesome to see him close out the championship for us. I really hope he gets that chance but I hope it's not a save situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

C teamers. I absolutely hated to see Leclerc come in, but he’s young and less than 20 pitches shouldn’t matter. Adrenaline smoke is enough to overcome that. Otherwise, wgaf about Smith, Bradford, Stratton, and Burke. 

7 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

C teamers. I absolutely hated to see Leclerc come in, but he’s young and less than 20 pitches shouldn’t matter. Adrenaline smoke is enough to overcome that. Otherwise, wgaf about Smith, Bradford, Stratton, and Burke. 

1 minute ago, brojangles2 said:

I agree. I am a year shy of that and on the couch ripping Lone Star Lights where I belong 🤣

He threw 10 pitches tonight. And there's also a travel day after Game 5 if we don't close it out tomorrow.

• Like 1

Anyone hopping on a flight today? Ticket prices to the game will probably be right.  Some folks clearly did because hardly anything left out of Dallas.  I considered but didn't pull the trigger as something came in for work yesterday I really can't ignore for a couple of days, but hope those that are filling up those planes have a reason to celebrate 14 hours from now.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Anyone hopping on a flight today? Ticket prices to the game will probably be right.  Some folks clearly did because hardly anything left out of Dallas.  I considered but didn't pull the trigger as something came in for work yesterday I really can't ignore for a couple of days, but hope those that are filling up those planes have a reason to celebrate 14 hours from now.

I’m still seeing $700+ for get in the door seats. 

4 minutes ago, Constant said:

I’m still seeing $700+ for get in the door seats. 

Holy shit.

When the dipshits last night were talking about all their fans still hanging around in a 10-run game, my wife said "yeah it is pretty crazy those fans are all still there".  I asked her if we had paid $500-$1000 per ticket to be there, would we be leaving early?