Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Now that the parade is over and the celebration is waning I'm excited for what should be a fun off season. I'll defer to @ztejas or another of the staples of this thread to start that one.

Someone is welcome to fire it up I don't have any good taglines in mind. If we need one for the offseason. 

If y'all are into baseball superstition I can start the season one again when we get there. 

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Someone is welcome to fire it up I don't have any good taglines in mind. If we need one for the offseason. 

If y'all are into baseball superstition I can start the season one again when we get there. 

We're all into baseball superstitions. That why were baseball fans. Start the fucking thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

Took my kid yesterday.  Good time but man that was one disorganized parade.  There was like a 40 minute lull between the marching bands and a couple of floats and the next one LOL.  They clearly threw that shit together in 24 hours.   Very on brand Arlington.  In hindsight would have just tried to figure out a way to get to the stage ceremony.  We were done by the time Bochy and WS trophy finally came by.

Edited by Skipper

58 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/rangers/news/corey-seager-serves-raisings-canes-chicken-explains-astros-shot-during-world-series-celebration

Seager already working his second job to make ends meet smh.  

image.thumb.jpeg.71642288f4268ebf928b4ef7e0f3fab1.jpeg

The rent is too damn high!

I just lost just a tiny bit of respect for Seager. Fuck Canes. Should been Popeye's or some real chicken place.

I guess I'll live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Took my kid yesterday.  Good time but man that was one disorganized parade.  There was like a 40 minute lull between the marching bands and a couple of floats in the next one LOL.  They clearly through that shit together in 24 hours.   Very on brand Arlington.  In hindsight would have just tried to figure out a way to get to the stage ceremony.  We were done by the time Bochy and WS trophy finally came by.

They should definitely have done it today or tomorrow. Needed some extra time to plan shit out it seemed. Texas live never ran out of beer though so i’m not complaining. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

They should definitely have done it today or tomorrow. Needed some extra time to plan shit out it seemed. Texas live never ran out of beer though so i’m not complaining. 

Other than actual parade production (and timeline) which was severely lacking, one of the biggest mistakes was shutting off access to the interior WAY before the parade started.  On the opposite side of the barriers, there were fans only 2-3 deep while probably 50+ deep on the other side.  We got there probably an hour before it started and asked a cop where we could cross and he said they had shut it off.  It made zero sense.  So as people parked on the outside the crowd kept growing deeper and deeper with shitty views and hardly anyone on the other side.  They should have just opened up for 5 minutes and let a few thousand people get through to even it out a bit.  It was a pretty simple solution.   It was just not thought our or well organized at all.   But my kid had fun so whatever.  

Ive never felt bliss like when it was finally my turn at the porta potty. We got to that big grass field in front of Cowboys Stadium and they only had one porta potty and the line was at least 100 people deep. They brought in 2 more but it was atill a 20 minute wait. 2nd greatest moment of my week

• Haha 1

This may sound weird, but I can enjoy watching sports again.  Game 6 ruined me for a while.  I couldn't watch my teams.  I haven't really enjoyed watching team sports since that heartbreak.  I would change the channel or just not watch pressure moments/games.  All because of Game 6.  

But now that the Rangers have erased the stain of the 2011 World Series, I can truly watch my teams again.  The title chase is complete.  All of my teams have climbed the highest mountain. Now, I can just sit and enjoy watching my teams again, knowing I can't be hurt again.  Everything from here on out is just gravy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

This may sound weird, but I can enjoy watching sports again.  Game 6 ruined me for a while.  I couldn't watch my teams.  I haven't really enjoyed watching team sports since that heartbreak.  I would change the channel or just not watch pressure moments/games.  All because of Game 6.  

But now that the Rangers have erased the stain of the 2011 World Series, I can truly watch my teams again.  The title chase is complete.  All of my teams have climbed the highest mountain. Now, I can just sit and enjoy watching my teams again, knowing I can't be hurt again.  Everything from here on out is just gravy.

I have seen all my teams win a title now except Longhorns basketball. Been close a few years with some deep runs. No idea when or if that one will ever happen. Would be really cool if it ever does.

Longhorns football is the best it has been since the end of the Mack Brown era of the 2000s. We have a good shot in the next years, including this year. Rangers now have a good future ahead of it for the next half decade. Stars looking very good. Finally some good around here for my teams.

39 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Yeah. Levi is great.  He got scooped up for national stuff by the athletic which is our loss. 

No, they removed their coverage of most individual team beats prior to this season. It was either move to his smaller national role or find other work. 

20 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I have seen all my teams win a title now except Longhorns basketball. Been close a few years with some deep runs. No idea when or if that one will ever happen. Would be really cool if it ever does.

Longhorns football is the best it has been since the end of the Mack Brown era of the 2000s. We have a good shot in the next years, including this year. Rangers now have a good future ahead of it for the next half decade. Stars looking very good. Finally some good around here for my teams.

Man, I pretty much said the very same thing to everyone I care to speak to

Texas basketball is the only one still out there lingering around......but it WILL happen in due time (hopefully while I'm still alive)

\,,/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Lest anyone forget. 

On 9/29/2023 at 11:11 PM, DougO said:

Young essentially traded away an impressive rookie starting pitcher in exchange for the most painful ending to a season humanly possible. Season was over the second Chapman entered last night's game. 

Old men are shitty posters. Season was fucking over. 

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2023 at 3:37 PM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

On 11/4/2023 at 12:40 AM, SA-KC_Horn said:

Y'all bitches finally popped your cherries. Congrats. 

Still behind the Royals in the 'chip count column. 

Welcome to the club! We'll deserved.

Who the fuck is this keeper of the club membership, I say start a fucking thread of hate.

Edited by beer

• 3 weeks later...