Game #10 P.B. - BIG MONDAY - #5 Texas @ #9 Kansas; 8pm ESPN

Js1

Texas winners of 4 of their last 5 games and 4 Big 12 games in a row (4-1 in our last 5 conference games).

Kansas losers of 4 in their last 6, including 1-4 in their last 5 conference games, including a 23 point loss at AFH to TCU. 

KU -4.0 per ESPN. KU 55.6% chance to win per ESPN Analytics

FUCK KANSAS.  God's Gift, my ass.  All my homies hate Kansas (but none more than @Pancho).  Let's sweep this road trip in this stupid, ugly, useless fucking state.

I hope Self gets mad and throws his toupee at a ref.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TxTower said:

Gradey Dick

Is he the same level of punkass as Caleb Grill and Matthew Mayer?

What little I've seen of him, he seems like a pretty OK guy. But since when did that have anything to do with anything? Playing for Kansas is enough to make him a total commie scumbag. We need to shut him straight down. That turncoat Adams, too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

Much more talented than those two. Not sure anyone in the Big12 can match the punkassness of Grill

I’m still not sure how Grill did not get a Flagrant foul and ejected from the game for undercutting Mitchell while he was in the air.

Normally, this feels like a spot where we'd drop a game.  But Kansas is beat up a little, doesn't have the bigs to hurt us inside, isn't very deep and isn't playing well.  We spent a little more energy than they did on saturday, KU did not give great effort at Iowa St.  Teams tend to lock in after a blowout loss but their starters are going to have to play really, really well.  Not just Wilson, all of them.

3 hours ago, D3zii said:

Don’t come here with that negativity!!!! We winning this bitch because JsU1 made the basketball game thread 

Now, you know we have absolutely no chance of winning this game....Kansas just got blown out at Iowa State, so they will really be pissed off, plus we are playing in their packed house, where no visiting team can win.....In addition, we have been on the road for 4 days, living out of a suitcase and eating at McDonalds, sleeping at Motel 6 with no hot water....we didn't even get to wash our old throw-back jerseys which we just may have to wear again...so, the odds are really stacked against us, so I wouldn't even watch if I were you...really no chance of winning this game.  Prepare yourself.

sadly, i think jalen wilson has a huge game, i think some of our guys get into foul trouble, and i think KU wins something like 81-75. but i'll say this- a win tonight totally adjusts my expectations moving forward. if this team goes 2-0 on this road trip then it's time for me to start thinking "1 seed/final four" all over again. i don't think we lose tonight because KU is the better team, i think we lose tonight because that's just what happens on road trips like this, with the travel conditions, hostile environments, home cooking, etc. if this team overcomes all of that to go 2-0 then i will honestly be a bit stunned, but in the best way possible. if we can shoot the ball well tonight then anything can happen. Let's go Horns! 🤘🏼 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

sadly, i think jalen wilson has a huge game, i think some of our guys get into foul trouble, and i think KU wins something like 81-75. but i'll say this- a win tonight totally adjusts my expectations moving forward. if this team goes 2-0 on this road trip then it's time for me to start thinking "1 seed/final four" all over again. i don't think we lose tonight because KU is the better team, i think we lose tonight because that's just what happens on road trips like this, with the travel conditions, hostile environments, home cooking, etc. if this team overcomes all of that to go 2-0 then i will honestly be a bit stunned, but in the best way possible. if we can shoot the ball well tonight then anything can happen. Let's go Horns! 🤘🏼 

kansas will beat us.  by double digits. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

I also think we lose just because of what has happened to both teams on Saturday--gods gift got embarrassed and we won on the road in a hostile environment where we were expected to lose and got a lot of hype after winning.