The official 2024 GOP Presidential Candidate Clown Car thread!

horn4life

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A Republican who also bought donations like Doug Burgum did in order to qualify for the first Republican debate but who was shut out of the debate by the RNC anyway. 

IMG_9020.thumb.jpeg.b67e9733cce1316d71ad618c241f5b2c.jpeg

According to The Detroit News:

”Johnson also self-funded a 2022 campaign for Michigan governor before being one of five GOP gubernatorial candidates who were disqualified from the primary ballot because of a wave of fraudulent petition signatures.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2023/08/18/perry-johnson-gop-presidential-debate-milwaukee-donald-trump-ron-desantis-mike-pence-nikki-hayley/70622032007/

I guess Robert Evans fucked Joel Osteen's mom and this piece of shit, Perry Johnson, was born and raised in hiding?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A Republican who also bought donations like Doug Burgum did in order to qualify for the first Republican debate but who was shut out of the debate by the RNC anyway. 

IMG_9020.thumb.jpeg.b67e9733cce1316d71ad618c241f5b2c.jpeg

According to The Detroit News:

”Johnson also self-funded a 2022 campaign for Michigan governor before being one of five GOP gubernatorial candidates who were disqualified from the primary ballot because of a wave of fraudulent petition signatures.”

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2023/08/18/perry-johnson-gop-presidential-debate-milwaukee-donald-trump-ron-desantis-mike-pence-nikki-hayley/70622032007/

He’s like a less attractive version of Gary Shandling.

Aww Politico is sad

The Florida GOP governor, who once polled ahead of former President Donald Trump in the first primary state, has now fallen solidly back into the pack, competing in a crowded race with biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie for second place in a new survey.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Haha 1

Clearly disheartened by the complete shit-asses who were on stage for the second Republican debate as well as the worsening news WRT to Donald Trump, some wealthy GOP'ers are setting their sights on something (anything) different to run against Biden next year. @BamaATL has said Brian Kemp could be that person. It now appears that Tom Youngkin from Virginia could be their white (emphasis on white) knight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/28/draft-glenn-youngkin-2024-gop-donors/

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Clearly disheartened by the complete shit-asses who were on stage for the second Republican debate as well as the worsening news WRT to Donald Trump, some wealthy GOP'ers are setting their sights on something (anything) different to run against Biden next year. @BamaATL has said Brian Kemp could be that person. It now appears that Tom Youngkin from Virginia could be their white (emphasis on white) knight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/28/draft-glenn-youngkin-2024-gop-donors/

Who the fuck is Tom Youngkin?  But otherwise, yes...the Governor of Virginia has very directly indicated that he is waiting on the sidelines and building up support quietly.  If it looks like Trump can't be the nominee or will break off, he'll pounce then.  Expect absolutely nothing from him between now and New Year's Day however.  Other than his batshit lunacy on schools/CRT/books/etc., he's actually not that insane.  He's otherwise, a moderate guy from a moderate state.  And can legitimately raise more money than the rest of the field...combined.  He's all anyone talks about after they're done pretending they're done with Trump.  I think Glenn stays on the sidelines but makes his presence known at the convention to gain name power.  And he is very likely the nominee for GOP in 2028 with DeSantis or Noem as his running mate.  

47 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Who the fuck is Tom Youngkin?  But otherwise, yes...the Governor of Virginia has very directly indicated that he is waiting on the sidelines and building up support quietly.  If it looks like Trump can't be the nominee or will break off, he'll pounce then.  Expect absolutely nothing from him between now and New Year's Day however.  Other than his batshit lunacy on schools/CRT/books/etc., he's actually not that insane.  He's otherwise, a moderate guy from a moderate state.  And can legitimately raise more money than the rest of the field...combined.  He's all anyone talks about after they're done pretending they're done with Trump.  I think Glenn stays on the sidelines but makes his presence known at the convention to gain name power.  And he is very likely the nominee for GOP in 2028 with DeSantis or Noem as his running mate.  

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Youngkin's a sneaky one.  His policies are hard right, but he does it with a smile that makes him seem like a moderate.

Kemp is the same thing with ah shucks country bumpkin accent.  Just to clear, I do not know Kemp, or what is going on in his head at all; what I do know are people in his orbit that are pushing for this.  To me, Youngkin and him are basically the same guy, right wing lunatics that have veiled who they are.  They are also red governors in purple states, something the powers that be have to think make for crossover potential.  After the clown show last night, I'm sure the big money will be begging these kind of guys to get in.  

'24 Milwaukee is gonna make '68 Chicago look like a fraternity prank.  I'm raising money to bus in MAGA folks from all over the midwest where free rifles and ammo will be waiting for them.  Hotel rooms, cracker barrel gift cards, harley davidson will sponsor---it's their HQ.  you want a civil war?  Here it is, on a gold-plated platter.  Except you'll be shooting other Republican supporters in a showdown to see who gets which delegates.  Best part is, Milwaukee PD is on it.  Grab a case of Miller High Lifes and the sidearm of your choosing, this is gonna be epic.  I may even have my mom drop me off in Kenosha just to watch the shitshow from afar.  That way I can help administer first aid.  

but in all seriousness, the winding up process begins in March or so.  15-18 July in Milwaukee.  At least 500 arrests, 500 injuries, 100 hospitalizations, and a couple dozen deaths.  All broadcast around the world to show how Trump made us respected globally again.  This is going to be fucking epic.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

The actual headline of this piece should be "Alarmed Republicans are preparing to waste a bunch of money getting Glenn Youngkin to like 6% before Trump steamrolls him along with everyone else and those same alarmed Republicans fall in line anyway because they don't actually have any principles".

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GopherRock said:

All of these asswipes are hanging around assuming that A) Donald Trump is convicted, and B) the delegates to the RNC are able or willing to approve a rule change allowing them to be free agents entering the convention.  I'm not counting on B.

This.  I'm laughing my ass off at all of these "big money donors" thinking anything they do matters.  This is dotard's cult and they can do nothing about it.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

The actual headline of this piece should be "Alarmed Republicans are preparing to waste a bunch of money getting Glenn Youngkin to like 6% before Trump steamrolls him along with everyone else and those same alarmed Republicans fall in line anyway because they don't actually have any principles".

Also this

• Like 1

Vivek -- or his people -- making shit up now: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/06/vivek-ramaswamy-iowa-car-00120318

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy’s campaign claimed Thursday that protesters ran into their parked car at a campaign stop in Grinnell, Iowa. But local police later said that’s not what really happened.

Ramaswamy’s car, with no one inside it, was struck by another car in a parking lot outside a coffeehouse. His campaign told POLITICO Thursday that two protesters hit Ramaswamy’s car, but police say that the accident involved a driver unconnected to the protest.

“Our investigation has revealed no evidence to substantiate” the claim that protesters hit Ramaswamy’s car on purpose and fled, police said in a statement Thursday night.

Instead, police say that a woman had eaten lunch at a deli and backed out of a parking spot into the campaign’s rental vehicle. A report was taken and the driver was released with a summons for unsafe backing.

"[The driver] stated she was not in the area to protest, she did not know who the vehicle she struck belonged to, she did not intentionally back into the vehicle, and she did not flee the scene of the accident,” police said in a statement.

After Iowa police released the statement refuting the Ramaswamy campaign’s claim, Tricia McLaughlin, Ramaswamy’s senior adviser, posted to X, formerly known as Twitter, a photo and video of a person in a car flipping off Ramaswamy but not the actual collision.

“Suppose a guy wearing a MAGA hat is standing amongst protestors at a Democrat presidential candidate’s event, then gets into his car with aggressive bumper stickers, flips off the candidate & screams profanities, lays on his horn, and then reverse-rams the candidate’s parked SUV,” Ramaswamy posted on X in response to the police’s statement. “I’m sure they’d be just as eager to call it an unrelated accident, right?”

Apparently Vivek R. will be on UT's campus tomorrow to discuss free speech and the higher ed battleground. 

https://gatsby.events/rsvp/vivek-ramaswamy-free-speech-forum/1h7hoRXJbZfrTmtA2qCqv7?progress=4  

I have zero intention of donating or voting for him, but it's a solid "get" for UT and some students I know are eager to attend, so I'm attending.  In what should be #1 in a series of 3 protested events on campus tomorrow.  Come out to the ledge if you can.  

Here's the weird part, at the exact same time his campus talk is taking place, he's also holding a $1,000-$3,000/person fundraiser way the fuck out on Bee Caves Road 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/meet-presidential-candidate-vivek-ramaswamy-tickets-725760307617

So I'm already thinking this is really a standup guy who understands things like campaign finance, logistics, and apparently time travel.  

Join Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy for a Free Speech Forum at UT tomorrow, Thursday, October 12.   Doors open at 3:30 with programming to begin at 3:45. RSVP required. All are welcome, dissenting positions and respectful debate are encouraged.

Sponsored by the Salem Center at Texas McCombs, The Civitas Institute, & the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs. 

Capital Factory ended up making up the money difference so he can appear at UT as planned and not at a random Barton Creek fundraiser.  

Between Vivek, the Israeli/Hamas talk at McCombs and then Arthur Brooks after that (who is mainly pro-Israel).......should be an absolute delightful display of decorum and civility.  Looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.  At least the yoga pants will be out in full force for October's protest season.  

On 10/11/2023 at 8:41 PM, YGIFS said:

Apparently Vivek R. will be on UT's campus tomorrow to discuss free speech and the higher ed battleground. 

https://gatsby.events/rsvp/vivek-ramaswamy-free-speech-forum/1h7hoRXJbZfrTmtA2qCqv7?progress=4  

I have zero intention of donating or voting for him, but it's a solid "get" for UT and some students I know are eager to attend, so I'm attending.  In what should be #1 in a series of 3 protested events on campus tomorrow.  Come out to the ledge if you can.  

Here's the weird part, at the exact same time his campus talk is taking place, he's also holding a $1,000-$3,000/person fundraiser way the fuck out on Bee Caves Road 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/meet-presidential-candidate-vivek-ramaswamy-tickets-725760307617

So I'm already thinking this is really a standup guy who understands things like campaign finance, logistics, and apparently time travel.  

Dammit, how did I miss all this?  Was he roundly booed?

You being sarcastic?  I haven't heard adamant applause and cheering that loud from our student body since last year's Alabama game.  And I'm being dead serious.  The line was wrapped around Hogg/Union building twice.  The line to ask him questions was on both sides of the auditorium, 40 students deep.  I was off the side aisle so I could look to my right and see the crowd pretty well (plus the upstairs).  At no point during his 45 minutes were there any less than a dozen students standing facing backwards taking selfies of themselves with him down on the stage doing his "TedTalk." at any given moment.   Overhearing student conversations, it was like Taylor Swift was coming to see our campus.  I'm 90% sure the girl in front of me (no pics) would have thrown her bra/underwear up and him under other circumstances.  I really haven't seen anything like this non-sports related since probably Jimmy Fallon comes to campus a few years back.  

I saw maybe 2-3 protestors on the way back to the car outside but nobody paid them any mind.  

I didn't even mean to, but he said something early on in his remarks, before taking questions, about the Israel-Hamas situation wouldn't have happened on Trump's watch.  And I really didn't intentionally do it, but I kinda chortled (if that's the right word), exhaling snicker/throat clear/whatever.  And I got a half dozen chuckles around me as well as a dozen sneers from students and his staffers alike.  Other than that and a couple of his lines falling a little flat with some of his religious/family values schtick, he was incredibly well received.  "Giddy" is the word I'd use.  

Between the Israel fuckups by DJT and this does it create an opening?  I wish more states were doing the 14th on DJT

Donnie loses first legal battle to keep him off the Colorado primary ballot

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/13/politics/colorado-trump-14th-amendment/index.html

Former President Donald Trump has lost the first of several attempts to throw out a lawsuit that seeks to block him from the 2024 presidential ballot in Colorado, based on the 14th Amendment’s prohibition against insurrectionists holding public office.

Colorado District Judge Sarah Wallace this week rejected Trump’s bid to get the lawsuit dismissed on free-speech grounds.

The former president still has several pending challenges against the case, which was initiated by a liberal government watchdog group.

A trial to determine Trump’s eligibility is set for October 30, if the case reaches that stage. Colorado election officials say there’s a “hard deadline” to resolve the dispute before January 5, when the ballot printing process begins for the March 5 Republican primary.

“The Court has no difficulty concluding that it is to the benefit of the general public that, regardless of political affiliation, only constitutionally qualified candidates are placed on the ballot,” Wallace wrote.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, YGIFS said:

You being sarcastic?  I haven't heard adamant applause and cheering that loud from our student body since last year's Alabama game.  And I'm being dead serious.  The line was wrapped around Hogg/Union building twice.  The line to ask him questions was on both sides of the auditorium, 40 students deep.  I was off the side aisle so I could look to my right and see the crowd pretty well (plus the upstairs).  At no point during his 45 minutes were there any less than a dozen students standing facing backwards taking selfies of themselves with him down on the stage doing his "TedTalk." at any given moment.   Overhearing student conversations, it was like Taylor Swift was coming to see our campus.  I'm 90% sure the girl in front of me (no pics) would have thrown her bra/underwear up and him under other circumstances.  I really haven't seen anything like this non-sports related since probably Jimmy Fallon comes to campus a few years back.  

I saw maybe 2-3 protestors on the way back to the car outside but nobody paid them any mind.  

I didn't even mean to, but he said something early on in his remarks, before taking questions, about the Israel-Hamas situation wouldn't have happened on Trump's watch.  And I really didn't intentionally do it, but I kinda chortled (if that's the right word), exhaling snicker/throat clear/whatever.  And I got a half dozen chuckles around me as well as a dozen sneers from students and his staffers alike.  Other than that and a couple of his lines falling a little flat with some of his religious/family values schtick, he was incredibly well received.  "Giddy" is the word I'd use.  

Well this is concerning. Why do they like him?  If there is a big college contingent that is going trumpkin, we are totally fucked. 

I dunno.  The vibe was what I imagine a Dane cook concert to be like.  About 80% male; very bro-culture vibe.  Students behind me literally punching each other on the shoulder, backwards hats, hoodies On despite them having waited in line for an hour on a 90 Degree day  

.  Probably 50/50 people of color v white.  The fucking PA music his staff was playing before he came out—all hip hop and EDM. And yes, complicated shoes.  

he’s a charismatic, edgy disruptor.  I get the appeal at first.  I’d invest with him, maybe even take a look at him for Congress or cabinet   But his vision for the nation is fucking horrifying.  And worse yet, he’s smart enough to maneuver us there.  

7 years ago, I would have said this guy can’t win female Voters because he gives off a “probably date raped in his 20s vibe.”  But then females voted by the tens of millions for a literal rapist   So the fuck do we know?

• Rage+1 1

Really starting to despise both parties. Not necessarily the people who identify and vote with the parties, but the parties themselves.

What we need to solve this gridlock is a bipartisan coalition of the 30% closest to the middle on both sides. 60% down the middle voting together would render the extremes meaningless.

But that won’t happen. Because parties.

13 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Really starting to despise both parties. Not necessarily the people who identify and vote with the parties, but the parties themselves.

What we need to solve this gridlock is a bipartisan coalition of the 30% closest to the middle on both sides. 60% down the middle voting together would render the extremes meaningless.

But that won’t happen. Because parties.

Ranked. Choice. Voting. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Delusional:

Oprah pitching a White House run with Romney;

Manchin trial balloon as third party candidate;

Nancy “let me tell you about my husband trying to raw dog me before this prayer conference” Mace suggesting she is a perfect VP for Trump;

Cenk “I was born in Turkey” YoungTurks announcing his pretend candidacy and dumbfuxks this this opens the door for Elon Muskie to become President.

This nation has a celebrity hubris epidemic.

D577B2D5-4569-402A-8910-B7C114065C43.thumb.jpeg.b6385a074053b9ff80ab509edff51a53.jpeg 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Is they supposed to be like a Ted Lasso/Rebecca thing or?

Yes, obviously. 

Oprah pitching a White House run with Romney;

Manchin trial balloon as third party candidate;

In 2020

And yes, under No Labels, which has pretty much flopped.