Why won't Nikki Haley be the first female POTUS?

tantric superman

This is the dumbest timeline.  God dammit.
Is it tho?
Maybe.
When did it start.

But I couldn't even read the CR during Obama administration what with all the tan suits and escape goating him for Iraq- after we had a functional draft dodging former blow enthusiast for Potus that was a ninja at dodging shoes and " liked cutting cedar for fun.

Or a B level Hollywood actor with dementia relying on his wife's Psychic for advice while courting Fundy voters?

Or Carter being cast as a horrible president for things mostly beyond his control.

Or that mother fucker Nixon?

See a trend here? The reflection in the mirror of who we elect is horrifying. We are some dumb, selfish and sick bastards. Kinda always been that way. We find a little progress, pax, and peace. Then fuck it up over the worst of us for dumb reasons.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I think she really wants to go after Trump but fears that a) she won't win and b) since she won't win, why risk pissing off some crazy Trump supporter who will come after her with a gun?  It's sort of a risk/reward value question.  If she was in striking distance, she might be tempted to go for the jugular.  Ex: "I worked with this lunatic for a couple of years. You wouldn't believe the crazy things he said to me, personally." Then make up a bunch of shit about that he never said, like "I have the whole south buffaloed. I've got those stupid rednecks believing that I'm their friend!"   Or "Clarence Thomas is an uncle Tom who only got to where he is because of critical race theory."  All it takes is one armed fuckhead of the "She called into question the character of the best, most Godly president we've ever had"  Alabama variety. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I think she really wants to go after Trump but fears that a) she won't win and b) since she won't win, why risk pissing off some crazy Trump supporter who will come after her with a gun?  It's sort of a risk/reward value question. 

She has to be thinking about 2028 and not having MAGA pissed at her.

• Hook 'Em 1

Republican strategists are touting that they will get a record turn out of 322k.  If that does in fact happen, not good news for us.  I don't believe them, but in short order we will know.  I'd be surprised if we don't have at least a 10% reduction from 2016, which would be somewhere around 250k.  

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Republican strategists are touting that they will get a record turn out of 322k.  If that does in fact happen, not good news for us.  I don't believe them, but in short order we will know.  I'd be surprised if we don't have at least a 10% reduction from 2016, which would be somewhere around 250k.  

Can’t the undeclareds vote in the R primary then go back to undeclared?

22 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

If that actually happens it will be because a shitload of independents turned out to vote against Trump, meaning Haley will win NH and it’ll be an actual race.  I will be extremely surprised but we’ll see.  The fucked part is gonna be when Trump runs independent and Biden and Haley split votes, making Trump president again.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

We now go live to the Nikki Haley NH cheer rally to discuss race and the GOP:

It's mind bottling how much Jaime Pressly 20 years ago and Margot Robbie of today look alike.

I take it as proof we are in a simulation.

image.png.006face8c408c8444a55e6e0336edd3f.png

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

The fucked part is gonna be when Trump runs independent and Biden and Haley split votes, making Trump president again.

Not sure about your police work on that, Lou.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

She was an absolute smokeshow without much work having been done.  And she was actually really funny.  I don't know why her career never took off more than it did.  if they ever do a Barbie movie sequel, they should bring her on as like Barbie's hot step-mom and maybe have her show Margot Robbie how it's really done.  Or something, I dunno.  I'll be in my bunk.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It would be interesting if he could stomach her as a VP.  His instinct will be to say no because she's not worshipping him, but he'll have advisors around saying that his biggest weakness is the lack of seriousness and discipline he projects.  She'd help with that.

The second she drops out she'll be on her knees in worship. See Cruz, Desanctis, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

She was an absolute smokeshow without much work having been done.  And she was actually really funny.  I don't know why her career never took off more than it did.  if they ever do a Barbie movie sequel, they should bring her on as like Barbie's hot step-mom and maybe have her show Margot Robbie how it's really done.  Or something, I dunno.  I'll be in my bunk.

I thought you were talking about Nikki Haley. "I don't know man, not really seeing it...."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

If Nikki can keep the money flowing after today she needs to name her VP candidate ASAP. If someone worthwhile is popular enough and can't withstand the wrath of Trump.

A running mate could pump some life into donations as well as double her ability to campaign in more locations.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It would be interesting if he could stomach her as a VP.  His instinct will be to say no because she's not worshipping him, but he'll have advisors around saying that his biggest weakness is the lack of seriousness and discipline he projects.  She'd help with that.

Man, he’s openly running as a dictator.

• Like 1

People forget that most primary candidates lose.  That's how maths work.  But several of them, for the last 60+ years go on to eventually become part of a major party ticket in a general down the road.  Nikki is walking a strange tight-rope in that she wants to set herself up for three things---giving herself the heir apparent title in 2028, possibly still staying "in it to win it" were Trump to die or become ballot ineligible, and not wanting an insane MAGAt to blow her and her family up for making him look stupid.  

But going back to 1960, while somebody may be a "loser" in the primaries...they can still go on to eventually secure a great spot down the road.  Biden is a prime example of that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Haley will not be VP.  Brown woman who actually challenged him.  Trump don’t play that shit.  He will accept her support like he did for Lyin Ted and Little Marco, but ain’t picking her for VP.  Vance and Noem to me are the only viable picks.

So not much out there yet on turnout, the only thing I found was on nbc news and their live updates from Ward 5, reports are that it has had extremely low turnout of just 175 votes in the morning, with little to no waiting.  The organizing chairman indicated that in the past lines would have been out the door during this time period, with considerably more voters.  

Small sample size to be sure, but encouraging.  Also, if Haley makes a significant dent in Trump's 20 point or so predicted margin, it's likely that "independents" have shown to stuff the ballot.  Something to watch, as it may give a false positive to both turnout numbers and Haley's performance.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, at least they all went down swinging. Oh wait no they didn't. They all just threw hundreds of millions of dollars into a pile and set it on fire, because no one was actually trying to win. Except maybe Christie, who never had a shot to begin with.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Trump will have the nomination wrapped up in a few hours. Nikki will fall in line like the rest of these cucks for the self preservation of their GOP political careers. 

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Well, at least they all went down swinging. Oh wait no they didn't. They all just threw hundreds of millions of dollars into a pile and set it on fire, because no one was actually trying to win. Except maybe Christie, who never had a shot to begin with.

These.  There is no such thing as the Republican party.  And frankly, the rest of us and the rest of the world should stop calling it that.  A cult is a cult.  It's just the "Trump Party now."  It stands for....whatever Trump says in a given moment.  No worries that he says two opposite things in the same day, it stands for both of those things!  Or neither of those things!  Or one or the other of those things!

If you support the "Republican Party," you are not involved in a political party.  You are a member of a cult.  Do us all a favor, and drink the fucking kool-aid already.

• Hook 'Em 2

Jon Lovett had a good line I heard today. Something like the republicans current line of thinking is "Trump should not be trusted with the nuclear codes and we need to do everything we can to elect him President." 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

Haley will not be VP.  Brown woman who actually challenged him.

Dude - you do not have videos where you are making fun of Trump for being senile and ever get back in his good graces. Challenging him is one thing. Saying that the thin-skinned motherfucker is losing his cognition, in light of his crazy attempts to show how smart and stable he is, are world apart.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

These.  There is no such thing as the Republican party.  And frankly, the rest of us and the rest of the world should stop calling it that.  A cult is a cult.  It's just the "Trump Party now."  It stands for....whatever Trump says in a given moment.  No worries that he says two opposite things in the same day, it stands for both of those things!  Or neither of those things!  Or one or the other of those things!

If you support the "Republican Party," you are not involved in a political party.  You are a member of a cult.  Do us all a favor, and drink the fucking kool-aid already.

Gotta disagree, I want the stench of the Republican Party to be tied to Trumpism forever.  I want people to automatically tie Republicanism with Trumpism in perpetuity.  By separating the two, you are giving Republicans that enabled this a pass, something I'm never going to be willing to do.  The two are one in the same to me.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Gotta disagree, I want the stench of the Republican Party to be tied to Trumpism forever.  I want people to automatically tie Republicanism with Trumpism in perpetuity.  By separating the two, you are giving Republicans that enabled this a pass, something I'm never going to be willing to do.  The two are one in the same to me.  

I don't want to separate them.

I want to end them. 

Drink. The fucking.  Kool-aid.  Come on, cultists.  It's what you do.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't want to separate them.

I want to end them. 

Drink. The fucking.  Kool-aid.  Come on, cultists.  It's what you do.

I'd be fine with that.  What I really want is it to be socially embarrassing to walk around saying your a Republican, because it is.  I want that stench on them forever.  If they go the way of the Whigs that would be fine with me.   

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

I'd be fine with that.  What I really want is it to be socially embarrassing to walk around saying your a Republican, because it is.  I want that stench on them forever.  If they go the way of the Whigs that would be fine with me.   

Cool.  We'd be even better off if the next Republican convention started with them pledging their fealty to their new god, and then ended like this, as all such things should:

jt-2-real.jpg

Just now, hookemATL said:

It was Flavor Aid dammit. For shame. Jim Jones is rolling over in his Guyana grave. 

The ancient aliens people told me he actually escaped with the grey's and is living in the city of gold down there.  

I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

It was Flavor Aid dammit. For shame. Jim Jones is rolling over in his Guyana grave. 

I know.  But funny enough, the vernacular has turned it into "kool-aid," so I'ma use the current vernacular.  So long as the fuckers drink it, I don't care if you call it yippie punch or some shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool.  We'd be even better off if the next Republican convention started with them pledging their fealty to their new god, and then ended like this, as all such things should:

jt-2-real.jpg

Milwaukee Waste Mgmt would be quite busy. 

37 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The ancient aliens people told me he actually escaped with the grey's and is living in the city of gold down there.  

I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE!

On a beach earning 20%

Funny how so many in the GOP are calling for Haley to drop out after NH "only" gave her 43% of the vote. I agree that her path to the nomination is difficult especially when we get to the states that award 100% of the delegates to the winner.

Dems should continue to point out that Trump, effectively the GOP incumbent, is doing so poorly with GOP primary/caucus voters. Poorly like a dog.