2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I have the very unpopular opinion that they’re overrated. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t turn them down, but they’re just foreplay before transitioning to the real truth.

Then you haven't had a good one. Sure, I've had plenty that weren't great.... but I've also had a few that sucked my soul right out my whole body and left me a drooling vegetable. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

13 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I don't think that's correct. I've always heard GH, Ketch, BobbyBurton, & Jeff Howe refer to the 2002 recruiting cycle as the 1st internet recruiting cycle. Plus I've been following CFB recruiting since during the 2004 recruiting cycle & I've NEVER seen any pre-2002 recruiting rankings, recruit profiles, or team rankings on either Rivals or Scout's websites.

In your history of idiotic takes, this one could be the dumbest. Just woefully uninformed and completely unnecessary. 

National rankings existed for decades before 2002 and on the Internet for about 7 years prior. I’m not going to explain further because this post isn’t worth another wasted second of time. Motherfucker. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I have the very unpopular opinion that they’re overrated. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t turn them down, but they’re just foreplay before transitioning to the real truth.

Agreed.  2nd best. No sense putting it on a pedestal. 

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In your history of idiotic takes, this one could be the dumbest. Just woefully uninformed and completely unnecessary. 

National rankings existed for decades before 2002 and on the Internet for about 7 years prior. I’m not going to explain further because this post isn’t worth another wasted second of time. Motherfucker. 

Who could forget not knowing where Chris Simms was ranked in 1999. Or Derrick Johnson and Cedric Benson in 2001. Since there weren't recruiting rankings or anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I am guessing chalkboard perfect blocking from the OL had them excited. 

That was my first thought, until I saw almost no celebration with the OL

It looked more like, "hey, or favorite walkon ran fast on the edge! Wooooo!"

Clearly there was a story.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Bo calls it mutha fucka, ima call it mutha fucka

5 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

There is an enormous chasm between your average bj and a fantastic one. Some of y'all probably haven't had a woman (or someone - nttawwt) who truly knows what they're doing.

However, I agree with you that they're not comparable to great sex.

3 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Then you haven't had a good one. Sure, I've had plenty that weren't great.... but I've also had a few that sucked my soul right out my whole body and left me a drooling vegetable. 

Yep. This.

51 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Who could forget not knowing where Chris Simms was ranked in 1999. Or Derrick Johnson and Cedric Benson in 2001. Since there weren't recruiting rankings or anything. 

In 1995 I was excited after reviewing the Dallas Morning News top 100 when I saw we got a RB out of California who was ranked somewhere in the 80s or 90s.  Then I came back down to earth  when I saw that we missed out on the real prize out of California that year, a RB ranked in the 30s named Sirr.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

With Red emerging, Blue showing signs of life, and Baxter living up to the hype, I bet that keeps Sark from looking in the portal for another RB. I'm sure that would change if an all conference back were to put his name in. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, Blue was the number 1 back in the country before he was kicked off his team right? Blue, Baxter, Gibson would be a helluva heater. 

With Red emerging, Blue showing signs of life, and Baxter living up to the hype, I bet that keeps Sark from looking in the portal for another RB. I'm sure that would change if an all conference back were to put his name in. 
Correct me if I'm wrong, Blue was the number 1 back in the country before he was kicked off his team right? Blue, Baxter, Gibson would be a helluva heater. 

I’m no expert, but I don’t remember Jaydon Blue being the #1 back in the country at any point, but he was likely top 10.

3 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

I’m no expert, but I don’t remember Jaydon Blue being the #1 back in the country at any point, but he was likely top 10.

I think it was before his junior season. He obviously fell when he (was forced to) set out his senior season 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

OL i can ID: Max Merrill, Malik Agbo, Andre Cojoe, Cam Williams

Now commence doom and gloom of the state of our D

Gunner Helm was TE.

Defense:  Morice Blackwell, Jett Bush, Michael Taaffe, Gavin Holmes, Kristopher Ross, Austin Jordan

Couldn't make out who Gunner Helm blocked out of the play. 1st digit was 1.

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

From what the UT 9.95ers have said over the years, pre-2002 recruiting cycle you kept up with recruiting through newspapers, magazines, local/regional high school sports shows, & etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

That BJ, Roy, Sloan class was definitely covered on Rivals 100 in a similar format to what we see now.  The “class of beef” (when we loaded up with about 7 OL) a year or two before or after that class was also on Rivals.

Edit - the year after BJ and crew was the OL year.  2001

Edited by Beer Drinker

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

From what the UT 9.95ers have said over the years, pre-2002 recruiting cycle you kept up with recruiting through newspapers, magazines, local/regional high school sports shows, & etc.

Change pre-2002 to "pre-internet". 

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

1 hour ago, Beer Drinker said:

9F82FCE8-7D7F-45D8-8E39-8276EF866AE8.png

247 launched during the 2011 recruiting cycle. So I gotta assume that 247 used old magazines & old articles to fill in the 247 composite ratings for these recruit profiles from UT's 2000 class seeing as Rivals & Scout's websites have never had pre-2002 ratings or rankings since I've been following recruiting.

• Fuck You 5

3 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

2 hours ago, Beer Drinker said:

9F82FCE8-7D7F-45D8-8E39-8276EF866AE8.png

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Change pre-2002 to "pre-internet". 

22 minutes ago, Beer Drinker said:

JFC dude.  Were you even alive in 2000?  Some of us were and were enrolled at UT when Mack was mopping up in recruiting and Bobby Burton started his website documenting it all.  

17 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Rivals started in ‘97 I believe, fuck, Max Emfinger and his perm were scamming dumb fucks to pay for faxes back in 1979. Recruiting news has been around a long time, and as soon as the Internet was a thing in the mid to late 90’s, there was recruiting news on it.

What these responses are saying. Look, mailbox, just stop talking and do yourself a favor. Let this horrible side-track end. Those of us who have been following online recruiting info since the 90s have a hard time reading your stuff with a straight face. When you have no idea what you’re talking about, and especially when you’ve been shown as such, just stop posting for a while.

please and thank you

mo

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I used to walk 15 miles uphill both ways just to get a copy of the Statesman’s fab 55. If a player wasn’t on that list no one knew their name until the first game when it was on their jersey. 

I used to call the AAS recruiting hotline 50 times a day.  

Yeah, I’m old.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lou_Sassle said:

I’ve had great ones, many of them, but nothing has compared to good pussy. It’s almost like the body part was made for getting a man off…

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I used to call the AAS recruiting hotline 50 times a day.  

Yeah, I’m old.  

I must be older than you. I remember when I lived in Boston in the early 90’s checking the mailbox daily for Jerry Scarborough’s True Orange newsletter. I was like a recruiting crack addictt needing a fix calling his 1-800 number for updates. Same with AAS ,I think it was Susan or Susanne Halliburton and both charged by the minute and they would talk very slow in the reports like 5 minutes of information took 10 minutes. Those were the days my friend!

• Hook 'Em 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic