2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

6 hours ago, Nivek said:

So one the spectrum ranging from billowy assholes to gorilla boofing, where are we going to be?

Oh and pyrite is FeS2. So calling it iron pyrite is redundantly redundant.

5 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

Answered: part 1) Iron pyrite, often called… | bartleby

5 hours ago, Bevo said:

Technically, I think that is inorganic chemistry.

4 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Copper pyrite would like a word with you. (As long as we're being technical and straying briefly away from important topics like Futureman and 80s hype videos)

nerds-mad.gif.2370ee4f446bac1f21e69af646bf7d4b.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Had Enough said:

A freshman lined up to another freshman is where you can get problems. A freshman mixed in with a bunch of experienced, solid guys is another deal. We are in pretty close to an ideal situation to insert an inexperienced LB. Lots of quality returning upfront. Experience next to and behind him.

Good post,  getting those talented freshmen on the field with experienced guys is the you way keep bad asses of the field every year.  

Edited by Laga4

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Slow your roll on David Ash and Sam Ehlinger if your point is to fluff Ewers. As a true sophomore, Ash completed 67.3%, 2699 yards, 8.5y/a, 19 TD, 8 INT. Before he got hurt as a true junior, he went 60.9% completion, 8.7 y/a, 7 TD, 2 INT.

As a true sophomore, Sam completed 64.7%, 3292 yards, 7.7 y/a, 25 TD, 5 INT. As a true junior, he went 65.2%, 3663 yards, 8.1 y/a, 32 TD, 10 INT.

Quinn as RS-freshman was 58.1%, 2177 yards, 7.4 y/a, 15 TD, 6 INT.

Quinn has the talent go 1-1 in the NFL draft. But if he doesn’t make a big jump in production he won’t go that high, or may not even be a first rounder. He needs a big jump just to match Ash and Sam when they were the same age.

Only one of those guys had a one handed blind WR as his main target though 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Vertigo said:

The obvious guys to me would seem to be:

Jaden Alexis, Casey Cain, Sawyer Goram-Welch, Maalik Murphy, Braden Liebrock, Austin Jordan, Xavion Brice, Zac Swanson, Derrick Brown, Trevell Johnson

The maybe guys could potentially include:

David Gbenda, JMond Tapp, Malik Agbo, Kitan Crawford, BJ Allen, LTG, Jaydon Blue

The noooooooooo guys could include:

Neto, Cam Williams, DJ Campbell, Savion Red

And finally, the fuck you Tom Herman for this albatross scholarship that we can't catapult into the sun for two more years because of bmd parents:

Max Merrill

What is a Max Merrill?

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Mack Brown was a pussy with freshman

He misunderstood what DKR meant when he said "You lose one game for every Freshman you start." The point isn't that you don't start a Freshman if he's better than everyone else; the point is you should not get yourself into that position with your recruiting in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

He misunderstood what DKR meant when he said "You lose one game for every Freshman you start." The point isn't that you don't start a Freshman if he's better than everyone else; the point is you should not get yourself into that position with your recruiting in the first place.

Didn’t DKR also say “if he’ll bite you as a dog, he’ll bite you as a pup”?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, D3zii said:

Wow all the hype we hear on Holmes but Brooks is slated as the starter. I’m sure they all will get reps but hopefully this means Brooks is balling out and not just giving it up to Holmes 

Think it’s safe to say the CB position as well as others, we will definitely have a higher level of play.  When you know someone can come in and replace you those dumb mistakes tend to be at a minimum 

Not sure how important it is to be labeled as a starter in the secondary considering how often the backups play with the first team

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Copper pyrite would like a word with you. (As long as we're being technical and straying briefly away from important topics like Futureman and 80s hype videos)

chalcopyrite has its own name.  CuFeS2   

This thread has blown up a bit since the last time I checked, but correct me if I'm wrong..

A Wide receiver is going to be our leading rusher, tossing DE's out of the way and trucking some foolish DB's.

Defense is going to be the Ethan Burke show no matter how you spell eDgGe.

Did I miss anything?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ousux said:

This thread has blown up a bit since the last time I checked, but correct me if I'm wrong..

A Wide receiver is going to be our leading rusher, tossing DE's out of the way and trucking some foolish DB's.

Did I miss anything?

Yeah you did. EDGE only has one G in it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If Crawford can figure out which direction to face before the snap, he’s basically Ed Reed. 
Got it, is John Chiles still looking like he could take the job away from Colt?
Yeah you did. EDGE only has one G in it.
Insignificant detail, duly noted

7 minutes ago, ousux said:

Did I miss anything?

If Gbenda can figure out which way to face before the snap he's basically Lawrence Taylor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

If Crawford can figure out which direction to face before the snap, he’s basically Ed Reed. 

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If Gbenda can figure out which way to face before the snap he's basically Lawrence Taylor.

Where is our coach on the field when we need him?

54 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

So diselenides (as opposed to sulfides-- chalcopyrite) of copper, for example, are not sometimes (copper) pyrites?

Possibly, I had more interest in mantle petrology (peridotite, pyroxenes, garnets, diamond formation/inclusions) before I switched to geophys.  It would feel like calling limestone, magnesium limestone instead of dolomite.   But that isn't exactly the same either. 

Definitely not buying into the off-season koolaid (yet) until I see at least some improvement in the WR room and DL with my own eyes. Hopefully we see something at the spring game.

It is nice to see some good news at RB and Quinn taking the off-season seriously. Been burned too many times by the 9.95ers to buy into the hype. Show me.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Possibly, I had more interest in mantle petrology (peridotite, pyroxenes, garnets, diamond formation/inclusions) before I switched to geophys.  It would feel like calling limestone, magnesium limestone instead of dolomite.   But that isn't exactly the same either. 

Wake Up What GIF by Laff

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

Definitely not buying into the off-season koolaid (yet) until I see at least some improvement in the WR room and DL with my own eyes. Hopefully we see something at the spring game.

you aren't buying improvement in the WR room (yet) when they bring back who would have been the 2nd best WR on the team last year (Neyor), bring back who is absolutely one of the 4 best WR on the team and would have been the 2nd best WR on the team last year (Mitchell) plus add in a healthy spring + offseason for Thomson plus Johntay Cook II.?

even without considering all of that you basically are trading Tarique Milton, Agiye Hall, Troy Omeire for Isaiah Neyor, AD Mitchell, Johntay Cook, DeAndre Moore and Ryan Niblett.

that's a very, very, very easy decision which of those two is better.

last year's WR room:

image.thumb.png.7e251b0a1475bc6da5adbe413ba8c3cb.png

this year's WR room:

image.png.3136cdfe0a8b78fca6cd39c6610893b2.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Definitely not buying into the off-season koolaid (yet) until I see at least some improvement in the WR room and DL with my own eyes.

I can imagine people leaving the spring game saying "Man we're gonna miss Tarique Milton and Aggy Hall a lot more than I thought...."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic