2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Slurs are never okay

Death threats are never okay

Sure. I was talking about the you suck stuff. Did he show receipts on death threats?  I’m skeptical but maybe I’m naive and see too much good in humanity to think that’s not super likely because I’ve never interacted with anyone irl that would ever do that. 

4 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Absolutely the F not. You don’t get a free pass for being racist (not you) because of what a guy makes. 

Again- I’d have to see it bc I can’t begin to comprehend it. He’s been a sensitive little bitch over nothing before on social media so I assume he’s making the standard you suck stuff worse than it is. Agreed if that’s a thing. 

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

This same comment has been said for 3 months now.

it’s moved on to something else 

The more I see shit like this line-up and the more I'm buying into the conspiracy that's fucking around b/c he wants a contract.

Not trying to lose outright, but also not putting the best lineup out there at any given time.

The dude is done in my book. 

He has forfeited any right to coach a baseball team as good as the astros. 

Go fucking coach the royals if you want to get paid and play games. 

This team needs a real coach that can take a team as good as this and win it all.

You think Atlanta is scared of Dusty?

12 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Ultimately, if Brown and Crane give a shit about winning, they need to intervene now instead of waiting until it's too late.  The pitching just isn't as good as last year and can't cover up for stupid lineups.

This too has been said for a month or two and yet, here we are 

• Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. I was talking about the you suck stuff. Did he show receipts on death threats?  I’m skeptical but maybe I’m naive and see too much good in humanity to think that’s not super likely because I’ve never interacted with anyone irl that would ever do that. 

Well the death threats are more the UNC people pissed about some eligibility case. Again, it’s just a fucking game. Slurs and name calling and death threats have no place.  Not Maldy, not the NCAA, not bc Blake Gideon dropped an interception in Lubbock, or because game 7 of the 2019 WS

24 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Ultimately, if Brown and Crane give a shit about winning, they need to intervene now instead of waiting until it's too late.  The pitching just isn't as good as last year and can't cover up for stupid lineups.

What's odd is they actually care more about winning than any of us do.

26 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

The more I see shit like this line-up and the more I'm buying into the conspiracy that's fucking around b/c he wants a contract.

Not trying to lose outright, but also not putting the best lineup out there at any given time.

Can someone explain to me how this works?  Sucking intentionally at my job would get me fired, not a contract extension

35 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I heard on the radio today that JV is photoshopped into this picture because it was taken yesterday and it didn’t work with his pitching day routine. I’ll say this - he’s a goddamned diva, but he’s our diva. 

He's our 5 run per game diva. He needs to get it the fuck together.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Do they? I figured the two trophies made it obvious, but I guess not.

That tells you no such thing.  Crane owns the team. It's made him famous, it's made him richer. It makes other people at the clubs he travels to jealous. It means he has JV and Altuve's number in his cell phone.  There are all sorts of ancillary perks that an owner receives from owning a baseball team- but the biggest one is acceptance as the pinnacle of rich guy society. It's how they are cowed and contained by leagues.  It's why they aren't completely and totally cutthroat.  This is an investment for him and an entree to a closed society. You have no idea if he cares more about winning than I do. I would bet he doesn't or he wouldn't have fired luhnow and hired Dusty or any of a bunch of other things. 
if he cared about winning as much as many of us he'd pick up his FUCKING PHONE AND TELL DUSTY TO MAKE THE INSANITY STOP, but he won't even do that because he doesn't give enough of a shit about winning to have an uncomfortable conversation with his manager and a couple of players when everyone else in the known world understands that what is being done makes it less likely to win and not more likely.

Either that or he is so fucking stupid that the thinks Dusty's bullshit makes winning more likely. If he's that stupid we are fucked going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 3