2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

The fact is, we can win this shit. We just need some bats to wake up against starters and no more framber. He is head up his ass fucked right now. El reptile will handle it and we win against Schererville with plate discipline. Fuck aggy little brother.

This.

we took their best punches.

Lets see how we come out in Arlington.

This team is streaky AF.

Maybe they drop 4 in a row?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Rangers are playing like the team that have been to the ALCS 7 times in a row. Gotta sweep them in Arlington just to have a chance to steal one more at MMP. 

Rangers are playing like the better team. And they probably are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Rangers are playing like the better team. And they probably are. 

I think we're very evenly matched. We have a few important pieces who have yet to show up in this series.

Arlington is going to be tough for the foreseeable future. They're gonna be good for a while.

Edited by David Dennison

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Was there really no one on the bench to pinch-run for Abreu in the 8th, or was that just Dusty?

We dropped Jake Meyers for an extra pitcher this round…but kept Grae Kessinger and Jon Singleton on the LCS roster.

Maybe could have gone with Dubon to pinch run there.

ended up not mattering 

• Drool 1

34 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Rangers are playing like the team that have been to the ALCS 7 times in a row. Gotta sweep them in Arlington just to have a chance to steal one more at MMP. 

Unfortunately, the Rangers got a real deal as a manager. 

Bochy is just a straight-up winner and can coach his ass off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Brantley goes 2-3. No doubt he'll sit the next two games.

Maybes games 4 and 5 but he’ll be starting against Scherzer. He’s slashing .370/.400/.722 in 54 career ABs against him.

i’m betting there aren’t many, if any, guys with better numbers against Scherzer with that many ABs

Our shitty bench is killing us. Never should have pinch hit Diaz for Maldonado, should have used Dubon but because the bench after Dubon is so fucking bad, you couldn't waste two players in that position. Dusty has completely killed Diaz's confidence by using him in no-win situations against elite pitching. Bases loaded and no outs, and you bring a cold batter that has poor strike zone judgement against the best pitcher in the playoffs so far. Just a fucking ridiculous decision.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Our shitty bench is killing us. Never should have pinch hit Diaz for Maldonado, should have used Dubon but because the bench after Dubon is so fucking bad, you couldn't waste two players in that position. Dusty has completely killed Diaz's confidence by using him in no-win situations against elite pitching. Bases loaded and no outs, and you bring a cold batter that has poor strike zone judgement against the best pitcher in the playoffs so far. Just a fucking ridiculous decision.

He smoked his last AB down the third base line.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Dude I hear you but you can’t have it be ways… yelling for diaz to play and then bitching when he does.

Regardless. You still take a diaz K in the 5th over a Maldy GIDP

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

It’s amazing to me that Dusty has admitted that Maldonado can’t take any meaningful at-bats by pinch-hitting Diaz twice. However, this is the god damn playoffs and you should expect close games which means every at-bat is crucial. We can’t afford automatic outs. Start the kid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I’m strangely confident for being down 0-2 and hitting the road. 

I'm not confident but will be satisfied with the season even if we lose to the Rangers. That's because I've been convinced for months now that this team just isn't repeat champion material. We're still alive mainly because several teams who played better than ours somehow fell by the wayside. It's not as though we came on with a huge rush and got stronger month by month. We're a good team, but nothing about our play tells me we're great. Maybe we make this a close series anyway. 

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'm not confident but will be satisfied with the season even if we lose to the Rangers. That's because I've been convinced for months now that this team just isn't repeat champion material. We're still alive mainly because several teams who played better than ours somehow fell by the wayside. It's not as though we came on with a huge rush and got stronger month by month. We're a good team, but nothing about our play tells me we're great. Maybe we make this a close series anyway. 

Fuck that.

get greedy.

you aren’t going to like Arlington having scoreboard 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Fuck that.

get greedy.

you aren’t going to like Arlington having scoreboard 

I certainly hope we win. I hang on every pitch. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it if we don't. Those two titles ease the pain. Without them (and especially 2022), I'd be a lot more worked up. It's just that we're not playing at the level we've seen it takes to be champs. I blame Crane, Baker and several players for that. 

As for having to live with Rangers fans and coverage, I live 1,000 miles from D/FW and don't have any friends or family who care about that franchise. Won't affect my life even if they win the WS. But Philly I think will do that, as it now stands. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I certainly hope we win. I hang on every pitch. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it if we don't. Those two titles ease the pain. Without them (and especially 2022), I'd be a lot more worked up. It's just that we're not playing at the level we've seen it takes to be champs. I blame Crane, Baker and several players for that. 

As for having to live with Rangers fans and coverage, I live 1,000 miles from D/FW and don't have any friends or family who care about that franchise. Won't affect my life even if they win the WS. But Philly I think will do that, as it now stands. 

Yeah… I’m with you for the most part.   Last year’s win has made this season feel like house money.   On the other hand, I have a FIL and BIL who are Rangers fans and the BIL has been a bit mouthy already.  So I would like a series win to shut him up.  

• Hook 'Em 1