2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

45 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i'm not sure you can hold a thought for 30 seconds. 

you: "a prime deGrom couldn't do this." 

me: of course a prime deGrom could, see.

you: "haha, why are you talking about a prime deGrom?"

I sure as shit can't follow your nonsense and bullshit stats.  Bradford was 4-3 in 8 starts for .1 WAR.  Dunning was 12-7 in 26 starts for 3.0 WAR.  That's 34 starts.  if PRIME deGrom steps in with his 9.5 WAR from 2018, that's only a difference of 6.4 WAR. 

Forget WAR.  Let's just use records.  Dunning/Bradford were 16-10 in 34 starts.  To improve by 8-10 wins, deGrom would have to record 24 wins at a minimum in his 30 starts. 

So the theoretical math works, but the REAL WORLD math does not.  Even for deGrom at his very best ever, which is five years in the past.

40 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

derka sock confirmed.

lol no

OK... I conflated Bradford's wins in relief with his wins as a starter.  Same with Dunning.  

Refactoring the starter records:

Dunning:  10-7

Bradford: 1-3

Combined: 11-10

8 to 10 games better would require deGrom to win 19 of 30 starts.  Still not a realistic expectation.

Edited by Guadaloopy
I fucked up the stats

11 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I sure as shit can't follow your nonsense and bullshit stats.  Bradford was 4-3 in 8 starts for .1 WAR.  Dunning was 12-7 in 26 starts for 3.0 WAR.  That's 34 starts.  if PRIME deGrom steps in with his 9.5 WAR from 2018, that's only a difference of 6.4 WAR. 

Forget WAR.  Let's just use records.  Dunning/Bradford were 16-10 in 34 starts.  To improve by 8-10 wins, deGrom would have to record 24 wins at a minimum in his 30 starts. 

So the theoretical math works, but the REAL WORLD math does not.  Even for deGrom at his very best ever, which is five years in the past.

lol no

i'm not sure if you know what a start is.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=bradfco01&t=p&year=2023

a start is when you start the game as a pitcher.  it usually follows the national anthem.  the inning will read "1."  in stats, it is often signified by a GS.  the rangers were 1-7 when bradford starts.  he also got results as a reliever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Can you imagine if Vince Young made a veiled insult about Stephen McGee after beating USC?  Dude, enjoy the championship and ditch the obsession with Houston.  My God dude; it's a sick obsession lmao!

That’s rich, considering what he was mocking.

aggy

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Can you imagine if Vince Young made a veiled insult about Stephen McGee after beating USC?  Dude, enjoy the championship and ditch the obsession with Houston.  My God dude; it's a sick obsession lmao!

Maybe you should ask Alex Bregman about obsession(for men)?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

it's confusing, but you can think of it as the time that javier got an out.  that was a start.  when maton got an out, the inning still read '1' but didn't count as a start.  that might be what's messing you up.

Fixed my post because I realized my error before you pointed it out.  Thanks, though.  

Not really fair to tag Bradford with three extra Ls with the 1-7 stat.

42 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

lol no

OK... I conflated Bradford's wins in relief with his wins as a starter.  Same with Dunning.  

Refactoring the starter records:

Dunning:  10-7

Bradford: 1-3

Combined: 11-10

8 to 10 games better would require deGrom to win 19 of 30 starts.  Still not a realistic expectation.

speaking of bullshit stats, no he wouldn't have to win 19 games. 13-14 probably would have been fine. dunning and bradford took starts from eovaldi and gray when they were on the IL as well. i'm going to bet you could find at least 5 more wins spread around those three guys. look what happened when they went back to their normal roles in the bullpen in the playoffs. but you already know how that turned out:

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

Edited by mr. littlejeans

14 minutes ago, mdmost said:

More like take your Astros taunt and shove it up your ass because not only did you winning the West not matter, we went right through you to win the World Series. 

Yep. Astros should have just lost the Twins series at this point. Texas winning the WS with beating Houston all 4 times in Houston, was the worst way for Astros fans to experience Texas winning it. Came directly at their expense and Texas stopped them from winning back to back or getting there 3x in a row. Astros fans hooting and hollering all this time the Rangers have been bad, then when we collapsed and they won the West. Then after winning game 5 to erase an 0-2 deficit. But after Texas won 2 straight, they are downplaying it big time and deflecting. It's the aggy approach.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. Astros should have just lost the Twins series at this point. Texas winning the WS with beating Houston all 4 times in Houston, was the worst way for Astros fans to experience Texas winning it. Came directly at their expense and Texas stopped them from winning back to back or getting there 3x in a row. Astros fans hooting and hollering all this time the Rangers have been bad, then when we collapsed and they won the West. Then after winning game 5 to erase an 0-2 deficit. But after Texas won 2 straight, they are downplaying it big time and deflecting. It's the aggy approach.

It's shocking that Choke City has built-in insecurity about.....choking.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

speaking of bullshit stats, no he wouldn't have to win 19 games. 13-14 probably would have been fine. dunning and bradford took starts from eovaldi and gray when they were on the IL as well. i'm going to bet you could find at least 5 more wins spread around those three guys. look what happened when they went back to their normal roles in the bullpen in the playoffs. but you already know how that turned out:

Major League Baseball Sport GIF by MLB

I mean sure, play that trump card when that's all that you have in your argument. 

You are the one that started this discussion with the ridiculously unfounded claim that a healthy deGrom would have added 8-10 wins to the record this year.  I very simply pointed out that the WAR numbers do not support this assumption in slightest.  Even substituting prime 2018 deGrom for 2023 deGrom, the numbers don't support the claim.  Now your claim is that 13-14 wins from deGrom would have made up the 11 wins that Dunning/Bradford did get you as starters plus 5 or 6 additional wins the team would have found with these guys freed up to perform more in bullpen roles?

That's fine.  It's OK to fantasize.

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Name a key contributor to the Astros 2023 team who won't be returning next season.  I'll wait.

We're about to add roughly 3 WAR (conservatively) at the catching position.  

We have a couple of pitching wild cards returning (McCullers/Garcia) that could shore up pitching.

Our GOAT probably won't miss more than a third of the season in 2024.

We have a couple of areas where we can improve in free agency.  

Go ahead and bury the Astros.  It will make next year more fun.

But if you add in free agency, your regarded fans won’t be able to yell “$800mm her derp garble derp” 

1) the Seager comment is fun and exactly the type of shit talking that will elevate the rivalry
2) it closes the book on which team is aggy-er. There’s no universe where a Longhorn player references aggy in a championship speech, but the inverse would be a damn certainty. And you all know it deep down, which is why these comments trigger you so much. This is YOUR day and the only reference to the parade I’ve seen is about the Astros. BOMC, or whatever.

But who cares, you guys shouldn’t be concerned with what everyone else thinks. This is a big accomplishment. You should go ahead and schedule a weekly get together where you can sing Creed and Yell about how great y’all are. Might I suggest Friday nights at Midnight?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

1) the Seager comment is fun and exactly the type of shit talking that will elevate the rivalry
2) it closes the book on which team is aggy-er. There’s no universe where a Longhorn player references aggy in a championship speech, but the inverse would be a damn certainty. And you all know it deep down, which is why these comments trigger you so much. This is YOUR day and the only reference to the parade I’ve seen is about the Astros. BOMC, or whatever.

But who cares, you guys shouldn’t be concerned with what everyone else thinks. This is a big accomplishment. You should go ahead and schedule a weekly get together where you can sing Creed and Yell about how great y’all are. Might I suggest Friday nights at Midnight?

Trump Words GIF by moodman

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Name a key contributor to the Astros 2023 team who won't be returning next season.  I'll wait.

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

usa_today_20993155.0.jpg

dusty-baker-houston-astros-v-texas-range

Good catch... name me a key POSITIVE contributor to the Astros 2023 team who won't be returning next season.

And your keyboard to God's ear re: Maldonado.

41 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I mean sure, play that trump card when that's all that you have in your argument. 

You are the one that started this discussion with the ridiculously unfounded claim that a healthy deGrom would have added 8-10 wins to the record this year.  I very simply pointed out that the WAR numbers do not support this assumption in slightest.  Even substituting prime 2018 deGrom for 2023 deGrom, the numbers don't support the claim.  Now your claim is that 13-14 wins from deGrom would have made up the 11 wins that Dunning/Bradford did get you as starters plus 5 or 6 additional wins the team would have found with these guys freed up to perform more in bullpen roles?

That's fine.  It's OK to fantasize.

i don't need to fantasize about anything. we got the ring.

degrom was on some shitty mets teams in his career, so regardless of his career win % or WAR, it's not a stretch to think he could have been a 19-20 game winner with this offense this season had he stayed healthy.

but i guess we'll never know. and that's just fine with me.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

More like take your Astros taunt and shove it up your ass because not only did you winning the West not matter, we went right through you to win the World Series. 

And by ‘right through you’ he means you motherfuckers had two games at home to win one and got fucking thumped…

• Like 2

Man, I didn't think this thing would have such legs.

Ok, so Houston hates Dallas. It's not really a 2 way street. Dallas doesn't give a shit what Houston thinks about it. I wasn't even aware of this hateraid until I spent a year in aggy land and had access to Htown sports radio. And then I started hanging around here and got the unfiltered version. 

Houston REALLY hates Dallas and Dallas doesn't give a damn. 

Fort Worth is merely amused by it all.

Let them fight. Let the Yankees think the Rangers are in Dallas. Those fuckers order chicken fried steak medium rare. They know nothing.

But Houston has a hard time hating on FW because they don't know it either. All the insults fall flat. Or reflect upon themselves. 

Welp, it's a surefire bet that this is the rivalry MLB was hoping for.

Y'all carry on hating on each other and I'll see all y'all in the game thread tomorrow.

HOOK'EM 

2 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

To point 1. Correct. Have pitchers reported yet?

To point 2. But it wasn’t aggy when the first guy said it? Give me a fucking break. It’s ok, your dude talked shit, and couldn’t back it up. For all of you that bitch this isn’t a real rivalry, well maybe now it is becoming that. Both teams will be good next year. This is only great for us as fans. I can’t fucking wait. Quit being pussies. 90% of your fan base are aggy’s, and it’s rubbing off on the rest of you. Pull the sand out of your vaginas. You would be reveling in this if the situations were reversed. And you are lying if 1) you don’t think the situations could be reversed, and 2)Deny you wouldn’t love it if they were.

It’s ok your dude ran his mouth. But if you have a loudmouth douche like Bregs, sometime it’s gonna come back and bite you in the ass. Learn to deal with it.

Aggy

Edited by UnivTex34
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Congrats Rangers you earned it I told all 3 of my close Ranger fan friends when they hired Bochy how jealous I was they hired the GOAT. I didn't expect him to right the ship that quick but he isn't the GOAT without reason and I am happy for the vast majority of Ranger nation.

To the dumbfuck crybaby cock smoking thread police total bitchass posters (you know who you are) you still suck every AIDS infested cock IRL from here to eternity so enjoy a modicum of thinking your life isnt a miserable pile of shit ;-)

To point 2. But it wasn’t aggy when the first guy said it?

It was very much not. It was a variation on the “nobody believed in us” tale that is told in almost every celebratory speech. No mention of other teams, no acknowledgement even if the magnificent end of season choke job by the minor leaguer masterbators in Arlington.

Lack of reading comprehension: yet another check in the aggy box for the boys up north.
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It was very much not. It was a variation on the “nobody believed in us” tale that is told in almost every celebratory speech. No mention of other teams, no acknowledgement even if the magnificent end of season choke job by the minor leaguer masterbators in Arlington.

Lack of reading comprehension: yet another check in the aggy box for the boys up north.

image.gif.48a4b824d11474c915b6230c0eac25dd.gif

Only you aggy Astros believe that. Complete lack of reality is your MO. Just like 90% of your aggy fanbase.

Edited by UnivTex34
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2