NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

The Celtics are going to waste the Brown\Tatum window on a rookie head coach that's getting out coached in every series.  The Celtics have a stacked roster, but they're soft as fuck.  They don't have the tenacity or killer instinct of a championship team.  Their execution in crunch time is embarrassing.  They need a new head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Fuck Kobe this is the closest to MJ we've seen since. 

A guy who has been to one single Finals his whole career and lost?

You're right that was out of line. 

1 minute ago, RabidM said:

The Celtics are going to waste the Brown\Tatum window on a rookie head coach that's getting out coached in every series.  The Celtics have a stacked roster, but they're soft as fuck.  They don't have the tenacity or killer instinct of a championship team.  Their execution in crunch time is embarrassing.  They need a new head coach.

Agreed.

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The Celtics actually promoted a fucking ticket usher to be their HC when they had a championship roster right under their noses. I mean this is all time bad franchise management.

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Hard not to get excited watching that performance.  Take me back to the 90s!

I respect Kobe as much as any Spurs fan. I'm wearing his shoes right now. But this Jimmy shit is pretty much unequaled by anyone save MJ in the past 40 seasons. 

At that SG position*

Edited by ztejas

13 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Wow... wtf here

Not curious at all why the video cuts out when it does and doesn't show another half second to make it crystal clear that he's just turning his head to run back down court?

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fuck Kobe this is the closest to MJ we've seen since. 

Eddie Murphy Whatever GIF by Coming to America

Eh, that’s a bit much.

Kobe’s teams had a series record of 33-10 in the playoffs, 7-1 in WCF series and 5-2 in the championship series. Kobe averaged 25.6 ppg in the playoffs and 42.7 minutes in the finals. 

Jimmy Butler has been awesome but, his career record in playoff series is 10-10, 1-1 in ECF and 0-1 in the championship finals. In his career Butler is averaging 21.2 ppg in the playoffs.

Butler entered the league at 22-years old. Before he was 22-years old Bryant already had an 8-3 playoff record and a championship.

Let’s enjoy what Butler is doing but, without denigrating one of the best ever.

I don’t want to get into the Kobe debate but this is Jimmy, Bam, the ghost of Kyle Lowry and a bunch of undrafted free agents and g leaguers. It’s not exactly like he’s playing with prime Shaq out there. This playoff run is the best one man show I can recall. Even Dirk had a much better cast around him in 2011. It’s remarkable. This heat team was minutes away from elimination in the play in and then lost Herro to injury. For a league where everything is historically so predictable, this is absolutely unprecedented. And it’s all because of Butler. 

And I know that Mazzula is getting killed for this but they were just as terrible in the clutch last year with Ime. This is far from a new phenomenon with them. It might just be who they are. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Eh, that’s a bit much.

Kobe’s teams had a series record of 33-10 in the playoffs, 7-1 in WCF series and 5-2 in the championship series. Kobe averaged 25.6 ppg in the playoffs and 42.7 minutes in the finals. 

Jimmy Butler has been awesome but, his career record in playoff series is 10-10, 1-1 in ECF and 0-1 in the championship finals. In his career Butler is averaging 21.2 ppg in the playoffs.

Butler entered the league at 22-years old. Before he was 22-years old Bryant already had an 8-3 playoff record and a championship.

Let’s enjoy what Butler is doing but, without denigrating one of the best ever.

Nah man you need to realize what you're seeing. This is different stuff. 

Grant fucking showed up after the game too. Didn’t pull a Dillon Brooks. At least the motherfucker was playing hard, trying something.

Second Row Joe has got to be the funniest, most devastating nickname Bill Simmons has breathed into existence. Goddamn, that’s rough. Nice knowing you, Joe Mazulla.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Grant fucking showed up after the game too. Didn’t pull a Dillon Brooks. At least the motherfucker was playing hard, trying something.

Second Row Joe has got to be the funniest, most devastating nickname Bill Simmons has breathed into existence. Goddamn, that’s rough. Nice knowing you, Joe Mazulla.

Got a lot of respect for the way Grant Williams handled it. He got roughed up and he knows it's all in the game, nothing to take personal.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don’t want to get into the Kobe debate but this is Jimmy, Bam, the ghost of Kyle Lowry and a bunch of undrafted free agents and g leaguers. It’s not exactly like he’s playing with prime Shaq out there. This playoff run is the best one man show I can recall. Even Dirk had a much better cast around him in 2011. It’s remarkable. This heat team was minutes away from elimination in the play in and then lost Herro to injury. For a league where everything is historically so predictable, this is absolutely unprecedented. And it’s all because of Butler. 

And I know that Mazzula is getting killed for this but they were just as terrible in the clutch last year with Ime. This is far from a new phenomenon with them. It might just be who they are. 

How quickly people forget that LeBron dragged the Cavs to the Finals with this starting 5:

image.png.d418ab40a1ea565cff32203443551031.png

9 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Eh, that’s a bit much.

Let’s enjoy what Butler is doing but, without denigrating one of the best 

Name a player Jimmy Butler has played with?

Kobe played with Shaq and Pau.

Team record means shit when discussing individual performances. 

I think the point is that Jimmy has to carry his team in every series, and he seems to show up and do it. Kobe was amazing, but he didn't have to carry his team every game. This is the best collection of players Butler has played with... Bam and old Kyle... Not prime Shaq, Pau, Horry, Fox. 

Hell, last month the dude was on an overrated poster somehow...

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Jayson Tatum leads his team in scoring, rebounds and assists... he sucks and is the reason the team lost  because he went 0/3 in Q4.

I'm not sure how y'all watch basketball. 

It don't make a fuck if you score 30 but effectively none of it comes in crunch time. He still played well, and Jalen Brown is a bigger offender for sure, but he is the franchise player and if he stinks up the 4th quarter 2 games in a row, he deserves the criticism.

Russell Westbrook puts up numbers too, doesn't mean I want him on my playoff team.

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

Jayson Tatum leads his team in scoring, rebounds and assists... he sucks and is the reason the team lost  because he went 0/3 in Q4.

I'm not sure how y'all watch basketball. 

Very surprised to see you doubling down on the Tatum love. I don't think anyone believes he sucks, but he is not that dude. Ain't nobody afraid of Tatum beating you in a close game down the stretch.

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

How quickly people forget that LeBron dragged the Cavs to the Finals with this starting 5:

image.png.d418ab40a1ea565cff32203443551031.png

This is a fair point but the east was hot garbage back then. He didn’t go through any team nearly as good as this years Bucks or Celtics. And we saw what happened when he got the finals against a really good team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Wasn’t there a rumor that Butler banged KATs girl?

That was Rachel Nichols, sir. And a bunch of Brazilian prostitutes in Barra da Tijuca during the Olympics. The man is a prolific cocksman.

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Nah man you need to realize what you're seeing. This is different stuff. 

3 hours ago, Slacks said:

Name a player Jimmy Butler has played with?

Kobe played with Shaq and Pau.

Team record means shit when discussing individual performances. 

I think the point is that Jimmy has to carry his team in every series, and he seems to show up and do it. Kobe was amazing, but he didn't have to carry his team every game. This is the best collection of players Butler has played with... Bam and old Kyle... Not prime Shaq, Pau, Horry, Fox. 

Hell, last month the dude was on an overrated poster somehow...

I think there has been a bit of overreaction to my comment, which was just responding to the comment which basically said, "forget Kobe".

I said we should all enjoy what Butler is doing and can do so without denigrating one of the greatest players of all time. And Kobe is one of the greatest players of all time. Butler is having a great playoff run, this year and last but, he is a far far cry from doing what Jordan did over an extended period of time. 

Jordan averaged over 30 ppg in 27 of his 37 playoff series and 33.45 ppg in all of his playoff series. Kobe averaged over 30 ppg in 12 of his playoff series, and 25 ppg in 13 others. In his 20 playoff series Butler has averaged 25 ppg in six of those series. 

That's all I was pointing out. Jordan is first in all time playoff scoring average at 33.45 ppg. Luka is next, 32.54, then Iverson, 29.73 and then Durant, 29.39, then West at 29.13 and then LeBron, 28.43.

That's all I was saying. No need to dismiss Kobe, or any other player, to show support for what Butler is doing, and I very much enjoy what he is doing to Boston.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hate the Lakers as much as anyone, but the recency bias and Kobe bias is off the charts up in here.

Some of y'all must have been 4 years old in the 2000s.

Skipping Kobe to put Butler as the only Jordan comp is going basketball full retard.

Let's pretend Kobe didn't power the 09 and 10 Lakers to championships.

So that's ignoring that they actually won the championships, aka every series. Butler hasn't won shit yet.

No Shaq. Gasol was good, but about the same as Bam number wise. Odom was ok. After that it was Ariza for maybe 10 a game and Bynum perpetually underachieving. Metta World Peace? Yeah, his 40% shooting and 50% FT were scaring teams.

So who carried those Laker teams? Derek fucking Fisher? Maybe Shannon Brown.

Go look at jusy the Suns series box scores. Monster games...same stage as Butler right now. 

The Heat have 7 guys averaging 10+ points in the playoffs with way more reliable shooters and players than Kobe had on his later teams.