NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeBron's athleticism at 38 is unlike anything we've ever seen. How is he still outrunning everyone late in the 4th Q at 5,000 feet? At almost 40?

I mean he's probably done a fuck ton of HGH for years now but it's still ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

If you don't enjoy watching Jokic perform--even as a Lakers fan--then you don't enjoy basketball and should watch something else.

He's awesome. He'll need to score better - especially late - in LA, though. 

Granted they probably don't have to win a game in LA. 

10 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Yeah setting up AD for multiple 3 pointers was an interesting choice. Lakers blew their chance after the nuggets slept walk through 3 quarters.

Yeah, that was quite the collapse. We got home with about five minutes to go in the third, watched a bit and the Lakers were doing well and then, boom. One hell of a horrible fourth quarter by James.

Goddamn, I fucking hate Mark Jackson.
I hate this whole broadcast crew. Why can't we have the TBS crew?

Lisa Salters admitted on Rich Eisen's show this morning that Game 1 was the first time she's seen Jokic play. What a fucking joke. He's a 2x MVP.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

LeBron's athleticism at 38 is unlike anything we've ever seen. How is he still outrunning everyone late in the 4th Q at 5,000 feet? At almost 40?

I mean he's probably done a fuck ton of HGH for years now but it's still ridiculous.

Yeah, but despite hating a Stephen A, he’s not wrong…

33 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He comes off like a salty bitch. You're up 2-0 dude.

It is pretty fucking annoying how the Lakers lost game one and the whole conversation on sports radio/tv is Lakers this Lakers that. This morning on my drive to work on Keyshawn and Jay Will's show it was pretty much all Lakers but they somewhat discussed Miami/Boston.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He comes off like a salty bitch. You're up 2-0 dude.

Sounds like a competitor who is fed up with the hype machine.

His team is doing something about it.

That's a fun thing about sports.  be salty, but show up and make it happen too.

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It is pretty fucking annoying how the Lakers lost game one and the whole conversation on sports radio/tv is Lakers this Lakers that. This morning on my drive to work on Keyshawn and Jay Will's show it was pretty much all Lakers but they somewhat discussed Miami/Boston.

This.

I was on the road yesterday and that's all those guys wanted to discuss.  Baseball doesn't exist.  Hockey playoffs don't exist.  Just the fucking Lakers.

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

he also said, "Joker- for those that don't know him- he's got 13 playoff triple doubles now." lol i love it. he and his team have every right to pissed. people have been dismissing his team and those players for years. i'd be taking some shots at the media/fans as well if i were him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Denver blew a giant lead. And also, welcome to the media. They talk about the Lakers. I guess you must have missed the last two weeks of "yeah we probably got the MVP vote wrong" media coverage.

I root for a team that is from a small market and had to play the Lakers, and experienced my team beating the Lakers and the narrative being about the Lakers. Who the fuck gives a shit? Just beat them. Nobody wants to hear "nobody respects us!!" from a coach that just won. Win a championship. Make people respect you. That type of talk is for fans on message boards.

Edited by Pam Cummings

“Never underestimate the heart of a champion”

nah.  Fuck you Rudy.  You won the games.  Why you so salty?

Edited by slorch

46 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Denver blew a giant lead. And also, welcome to the media. They talk about the Lakers. I guess you must have missed the last two weeks of "yeah we probably got the MVP vote wrong" media coverage.

I root for a team that is from a small market and had to play the Lakers, and experienced my team beating the Lakers and the narrative being about the Lakers. Who the fuck gives a shit? Just beat them. Nobody wants to hear "nobody respects us!!" from a coach that just won. Win a championship. Make people respect you. That type of talk is for fans on message boards.

Pretty much this. It's the Lakers with LeBron on the roster...what does everyone expect? Denver is the 1 seed and took care of business at home. Nice job. A little early for "Why isn't the media talking about us???" I'm rooting for them, but win something first, then talk.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Pretty much this. It's the Lakers with LeBron on the roster...what does everyone expect? Denver is the 1 seed and took care of business at home. Nice job. A little early for "Why isn't the media talking about us???" I'm rooting for them, but win something first, then talk.

They're the #1 seed, they have the best current player in the league, said player is a 2x MVP and is averaging 30.4 ppg, 13.8 rebounds, and 10.2 assist. Yet all you hear is LA LA LA. They are winning yet all they talk about is LA.  When/if they win this series then all we will hear about is what this means for Lebron, what this means for LA, what is Lebrons future, etc.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Eh, he comes off as a coach supporting his guys. I don't have an issue with what he said. 

From whom? Random morning show talking heads whose job it to stir the pot who he just gave 45 minutes of content?

I guess he's using it as a motivational tool for his team? Whatever it takes, I suppose. But you're in the Western Conference Finals against Lebron and the Lakers. How much more motivation do you need? Maybe I've been exposed to too much Popovich not giving fuck one about the media or the narrative for a thousand years, but I just think it's mostly bullshit.

Also... "put that in your pipe and smoke it" gives off some classic old man / dad vibes. Or maybe he's just been living in Denver too long. 

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They're the #1 seed, they have the best current player in the league, said player is a 2x MVP and is averaging 30.4 ppg, 13.8 rebounds, and 10.2 assist. Yet all you hear is LA LA LA. They are winning yet all they talk about is LA.  When/if they win this series then all we will hear about is what this means for Lebron, what this means for LA, what is Lebrons future, etc.

I'd probably be with you if they won handily last night. I understand being ticked off that the media ran with the "the Lakers figured Denver out in the 2nd half" narrative after Game 1 when you have the best player on the planet and the best starting 5 in the league; so, if they came out energized and ran LA out of the gym last night, then I would have fully supported a snide, "So how about those adjustments?" comment. But they played pretty damn sloppy and lethargically for large chunks of the game and were a little fortunate that AD and LeBron played like ass offensively. A win is a win in the playoffs, but not sure it was worthy of a "how do you like them apples?"

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I'd probably be with you if they won handily last night. I understand being ticked off that the media ran with the "the Lakers figured Denver out in the 2nd half" narrative after Game 1 when you have the best player on the planet and the best starting 5 in the league; so, if they came out energized and ran LA out of the gym last night, then I would have fully supported a snide, "So how about those adjustments?" comment. But they played pretty damn sloppy and lethargically for large chunks of the game and were a little fortunate that AD and LeBron played like ass offensively. A win is a win in the playoffs, but not sure it was worthy of a "how do you like them apples?"

2-0 but yeah LAKERS LAKERS LAKERS

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2-0 but yeah LAKERS LAKERS LAKERS

Hey man, I'm with you. I'd love for the narratives today to be "Is Jamal Murray the 2nd best point guard in the NBA?" and "Look how terrible LeBron has been in 4th quarters this postseason." But Mike Malone doesn't get to decide that any more than I do, so what's the point of getting caught up in it two games into a series?

They are working on that win a championship thing.

A week or so ago DLo said Minnesota held him back

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/.amp/timberwolves/dangelo-russell-believes-he-was-held-back-by-the-timberwolves

Well he’s 7-19 and 18 total points through 2 games of the WCF. Probably the 10th best player on the court at all times. I’m gonna guess he’ll have a semi good-big game 3 or 4 then back to this shit.

Wolves fans are having a field day with this idiots inconsistency especially after this quote

I guess he's using it as a motivational tool for his team? Whatever it takes, I suppose. But you're in the Western Conference Finals against Lebron and the Lakers. How much more motivation do you need? Maybe I've been exposed to too much Popovich not giving fuck one about the media or the narrative for a thousand years, but I just think it's mostly bullshit.
Also... "put that in your pipe and smoke it" gives off some classic old man / dad vibes. Or maybe he's just been living in Denver too long. 
Here's a newsflash, Pop and Malone are different people and they handle the media differently.