Maxine Waters Triggers the Trumpers

Hugo Stiglitz

You know, if we grant your proposition that she's actually a racist, she's one of very few among D congresspeeps.  The same cannot be said for the other side of the aisle.  Purge any and all who meet the definition, but it is FAR FAR FAR more prevalent among Republicans.

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

The last two members of Congress to be physically attacked haven't been attacked by Trump supporters.  Go on Twitter and look at the responses Scalise got after making a tweet imploring for cooler heads and civil discourse. 

So, no worries about the future. Sounds great. The past just keeps repeating itself. Trump isn't responsible for past violence so he cannot possibly be inciting violence and hate today. Got it. Nice work.

Trump did not force anyone to respond with physical violence.  People that responded with physical violence chose to respond with physical violence.  No one forces me to respond to any post on this board.  When I respond to one it is because I choose to.    The way I choose to respond is my choice to make and is also my responsibility to take.

That's all rather obvious, isn't it? 

People make their own choices. They choose to walk for cancer funding, make church trips to help people in foreign lands, or maybe believe that their country, family, and god are all under attack and need defending. They can choose to respond violently. After all, country, family, and God are big deals.

The person or persons persuading them that they need to protect their country and themselves from those who politically disagree bear no responsibility. The person or persons who lie to create discord bear no responsibility for the action of a mob or a terrorist. The person who loves stirring them up to suit his own vanity is completely blameless. 

It's not like holds a position of leadership or anything.

Again, first rate thinking there.

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The person or persons persuading them that they need to protect their country and themselves from those who politically disagree bear no responsibility. The person or persons who lie to create discord bear no responsibility for the action of a mob or a terrorist. The person who loves stirring them up to suit his own vanity is completely blameless. 

Russia-Putin-Didnt-Do-It.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

The last two members of Congress to be physically attacked haven't been attacked by Trump supporters.  Go on Twitter and look at the responses Scalise got after making a tweet imploring for cooler heads and civil discourse.  Trump did not force anyone to respond with physical violence.  People that responded with physical violence chose to respond with physical violence.  No one forces me to respond to any post on this board.  When I respond to one it is because I choose to.    The way I choose to respond is my choice to make and is also my responsibility to take.

Again, here's what right wing nut jobs do when provoked:

8397540_web1_okc.jpg

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You realize Trump won the higher income brackets over Hillary, right?  It wasn't just fat, skoal dipping hillbillies that went for Trump.  If voting was limited to people making 6 figures or above, the Democrats could never win another national election.

You are absolutely correct that assholes like yourself overwhelmingly voted for Trump, although it was more money than the 6 figures crowd. Thanks for fucking up the country and potentially endangering the Republic for us so you could pocket a few extra dollars you don’t even need. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Until they change when they get that age.

Such a bullshit cop out by people who have compromised their true beliefs and therefore make excuses for themselves and expect everyone who comes after them to be as big a piece of shit as they are themselves.

Congrats. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I try — I take care of 8 orphans and have for 15 years.  But the Clintons were the real MVP in Haiti.  

And I got a black male sentenced to federal life without parole’s sentence commuted. All because I hate black people.  

How much money does the government pay you to take care of said 8 orphans for 15 years? How much longer is that gonna go on?  

I suppose the black dude in prison work was pro bono though sponsored by your lily white shoe law firm, all expenses paid of course. I guess you should get a healthy nod of the head for that one. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

How much money does the government pay you to take care of said 8 orphans for 15 years? How much longer is that gonna go on?  

I suppose the black dude in prison work was pro bono though sponsored by your lily white shoe law firm, all expenses paid of course. I guess you should get a healthy nod of the head for that one. 

There is no way someone as upstanding as Johnny claims those charitable donations on his tax return. It's straight up goodness. No tax break necessary.

58 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nope. Did it on my own.  On the side.  I haven’t been big firm for years.  I noticed the injustice of his case when I clerked.  He was in our court.  

Dems keep doing stellar work for minorities.  

KKK

Jim Crow

Poverty Plantation

You take their votes and keep fucking them over.  And don’t do shit to really help them. Because you have to keep them where they are to keep ripping those votes. 

You’re projecting. 

What do you personally do to help blacks?

I’d like to compare the money you’ve been spent compared to me directly helping blacks?

And time?

I’ve spent a lot of time and money. 

Or do you just run your mouth on the internet?

What do I do?  For starters, I don't vote for a political party that fights to suppress their votes, gets angry every time they speak out or peacefully protest very real systemic injustices, and is currently running eight white nationalists for office.  I don't vote for a party that's needlessly cruel and inhumane to immigrants who try to come here yet refuse to work on real immigration reform in good faith just because it's no longer mostly whites who try to immigrate here.

But keep on making up bullshit about "poverty plantations" to justify your party's shortcomings.  Yes, Democrats sucked on racial issues through the 1960's.  The difference is that if I were alive and a Democrat back then, I'd be fighting for my congressmen and leaders to be better, do the right thing, or seriously think about changing my vote.  YOU in 2018 just carry their water and justify their xenophobic and racist policies while trying to deflect phony racism onto others.

Edited by Tom

I'm not for hounding these people.  It only justifies their actions and gives those like Zimmerman an opportunity to shoot people when they feel threatened, regardless of whether they instigated it.  Actions like this only get innocent people hurt.  There are other avenues for action and public shaming is of the type that will only get worse.

I love being macho and brazen at times when I get pissed off, but I also have a wife by my side that's also going to bear the brunt of my actions regardless of right or wrong and she's a great person and teacher that really does make a difference. In some ways, it's more selfish for me to put those kinds of peoples lives in jeopardy.  Do what you can as an American and respect other peoples views in public.  Lead by example.  It sucks, but it's the right thing to do.   

2 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

I'm not for hounding these people.  It only justifies their actions and gives those like Zimmerman an opportunity to shoot people when they feel threatened, regardless of whether they instigated it.  Actions like this only get innocent people hurt.  There are other avenues for action and public shaming is of the type that will only get worse.

I love being macho and brazen at times when I get pissed off, but I also have a wife by my side that's also going to bear the brunt of my actions regardless of right or wrong and she's a great person and teacher that really does make a difference. In some ways, it's more selfish for me to put those kinds of peoples lives in jeopardy.  Do what you can as an American and respect other peoples views in public.  Lead by example.  It sucks, but it's the right thing to do.   

The government should be afraid of its people, not the other way around.  You stand silently in power while the foundations of genocide and tyranny are being set, best prepare for the reckoning and it will be up close and personal in your face.

Deal with it.  This is the stuff people fought and died over to prevent in this country.  Hound these motherfuckers.  Make them uncomfortable. The tables have turned. Peaceful but extremely assertive opposition is warranted IMO.

Their goal was to get away with it without people caring.  They guessed wrong.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The government should be afraid of its people, not the other way around.  You stand silently in power while the foundations of genocide and tyranny are being set, best prepare for the reckoning and it will be up close and personal in your face.

Deal with it.  This is the stuff people fought and died over to prevent in this country.  Hound these motherfuckers.  Make them uncomfortable. The tables have turned. Peaceful but extremely assertive opposition is warranted IMO.

Their goal was to get away it without people caring.  They guessed wrong.

You have systems in place.  If they don't work, then it's a civil war.  But right now, you continue to let Mueller do his job.  They're already being made uncomfortable--50 Republicans are walking away and several have been indicted.  Trump is nervously tweeting his guilty ass off but the thing is, he's deadening his own base to his bs.  The boy who cried wolf is exactly that--a liar that numbs those around him to his antics so that they don't respond.  His base has fringe people like fringe crazies that exist in any group.  The rest can cheer all they want but they can't sit in the sun very long or go without their prescription meds either.  I'm not for their shit, but I'm not taking up arms when there are actually already systems in place for such occurrences.  Let it play out through November and see.  Hell, if you want to drive people with pitchforks, start with the Latinos in my neighborhood that are mad as hell with the current situation but when asked if they voted, will tell you no.  It's difficult to have sympathy for some of this horse shit too.  It nullifies whatever advantage demographics provide.  Of course Maryland is completely Democrat too and we do have a moderate Republican governor that has been pretty decent.  

The system has already failed.  Will of the people suppressed in election, courts stolen, Congress failure, kids in cages, state run media, thousands of kids missing, no one holding anyone accountable.

Time to push back and hopefully prevent war before we wake up in full blown fascist state because then it’s too late. 

These guys are spineless cowards.

In other words, the risk is too great to sit back and hope for the vote and to rely on the system.  The system is likely already toxic.  The vote may not turn out in sufficient numbers to overcome that headwind.  Dems need to fight fire with fire, NOW.  Fuck civility.  This is a tipping point.

I realize this is a message board but I'm kind of stunned by how much bullshit grousing there is.  As much as the system is gamed towards money, this still is a country where you can work to get the more asshole folks out of government with your vote.  So start working on all the fucktards you know who are too lazy to vote and aren't already cunty Trump supporters.  A decent Democratic candidate can beat Trump.  Hell, a decent Libertarian could beat Trump. 

Republicans outfoxed the Dems at the local level.  That's where their power lies.  And the fucktard Republicans who make up our state legislature are beatable.  Because a drooling moron is always beatable, even if there is a consistent group of blue haired drooling morons who make up the Republican base.  

Fuck all this whining about the system being broken.  That's loser talk. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I realize this is a message board but I'm kind of stunned by how much bullshit grousing there is.  As much as the system is gamed towards money, this still is a country where you can work to get the more asshole folks out of government with your vote.  So start working on all the fucktards you know who are too lazy to vote and aren't already cunty Trump supporters.  A decent Democratic candidate can beat Trump.  Hell, a decent Libertarian could beat Trump. 

Republicans outfoxed the Dems at the local level.  That's where their power lies.  And the fucktard Republicans who make up our state legislature are beatable.  Because a drooling moron is always beatable, even if there is a consistent group of blue haired drooling morons who make up the Republican base.  

There is a symbiotic relationship between increased organized public outrage and motivating voter turn out. 

Yeah, we could go quietly and go on voter registration drives and hope it all works out.

Or we could raise some hell with marches, protests, and shunning to force people to pay attention to what is going on.

A good mix of both is probably best.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Dems keep doing stellar work for minorities.  

KKK

Jim Crow

Poverty Plantation

You take their votes and keep fucking them over.  And don’t do shit to really help them. Because you have to keep them where they are to keep ripping those votes.  

Yes, the blacks were supporting the KKK and Jim Crow with their votes. 

You're contempt for blacks is grotesque.

Just skimming through this thread, it's pretty clear most of you will be on suicide watch if Trump is re-elected. I'll check back in 2 years and a few months for the sorrow or the jubilation. It should be fun either way. I voted democrat for the first time in my life for Obama's first term. What followed was 7 of the worst years my business ever experienced, 1st year wasn't too bad. 2017 was my best year ever and 2018 is looking even better. I vote with my wallet, which I'm guessing a majority of people do. Now if the economy tanks before the next election, my vote will be wide open to whom I feel is the best candidate. There's way too much hate on both sides anymore to consider myself anything but an independent. I'm fiscally conservative but a little more liberal socially, but I definitely lean just a little to right of center. I just get turned off by the loudest mouths on both sides of the isle, Hannity, Tucker, and pretty much anyone on msnbc and a few on CNN.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Such a bullshit cop out by people who have compromised their true beliefs and therefore make excuses for themselves and expect everyone who comes after them to be as big a piece of shit as they are themselves.

Congrats. 

Truly spoken like someone who has not reached that age yet.  Life doesn't tip its pitches.

9 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I say this as someone who has spent two decades of his life as a registered Libertarian.  A decent Libertarian can't beat an egg in a national election.  Local elections, occasionally, state election, in rare circumstances, national election, ain't happening.  The one thing the Republican and Democrat parties agree on is that two is company and three is a crowd.  If you ever want to see the Republicans and Democrats work in a bipartisan manner just try to start any type of momentum with a third party.  The only way a third party candidate wins in a national election is to do what Trump did and what Sanders almost did, carjack one of the two parties calling all the shots.