2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Just now, Snake Diggity said:

Meh, fuck you.  I didn’t make my post as some surefire 100% confidence thing.  I was trying to generate conversation that might gives us a clearer picture as to what our needs are.  Drawing from your reply, we might only need 2 WR and a TE.

Props and rep for the only approciate response. 

Abgo might go. But Cam Williams is our starting RT next year and he's been handled approprietly. If he leaves it would be a massive fucking shock. I think we're going to try and keep Agbo too. What we really need is Hayden Connor switch his training to some kind of fat man space mission, or in line with his new major perhaps spend a fall semester abroad studying cartography. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Which I would assume means we'll assess the portal for his spot then. I'm not personally ruling out that the guy balls out in spring and wins a job outright. 

This. Neyor was really good his first spring here, and you could argue that he had better chemistry with Quinn than Worthy did. Unless he just hasn't made it back physically he is plenty good enough to win that job. 

Edited by Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Why is a current player on A&M's team putting his name on statements like that? That's fucking wild.

I know Bobby Taylor is a loudmouth, but I can only imagine what's going on behind the scenes if he feels comfortable enough to speak out like that.

Honestly I thought the guy was not on the team anymore. I had to go back and look it up. I would have to assume he is going to be one of those guys in the portal, or else he is just an enormous dumbass. This guy seems to gear up only in the offseason. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

What happened to the dude he was battling it out originally for? I remember it was between us and Ohio state and then Quinn transferred here. Devin brown?

Apparently many thought Brown should have been the starter this year, and the writing was on the wall for Mccord: next year will likely be Brown or a transfer 

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly I thought the guy was not on the team anymore. I had to go back and look it up. I would have to assume he is going to be one of those guys in the portal, or else he is just an enormous dumbass. This guy seems to gear up only in the offseason. 

He was in the portal or was about to portal last year, but either took his name out or never actually entered.

He was loud during the 2022 recruiting cycle and he hasn't done a thing at A&M. I don't think he even plays special teams. Money well spent.

16 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Why is a current player on A&M's team putting his name on statements like that? That's fucking wild.

I know Bobby Taylor is a loudmouth, but I can only imagine what's going on behind the scenes if he feels comfortable enough to speak out like that.

I have always seen Bobby Taylor as their current Leon O'Neal. His chirping and production do not align whatsoever. I'm sure there is some mid-major he can find a home at.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mannewers said:

Wow, I don't follow their roster. Would he not have been in line to be their top target next year?

Nah. Jeremiah Smith is a true freshman baller coming in. They have some really good young guys on campus right now too. 

He was one of the inevitable high 4-star/5 star receivers they get that didn't pan out. He actually got a lot of PT, but never really became a top target.

I imagine they are pitching Neyor to stick around and compete for AD's spot and if it doesn't work out, he gets his degree and can grad transfer in the spring.  AD has 10 TDs on the year right?  That's a lot of production to entice someone with.  With everything said, Texas is going to be in a position to cherry pick elite transfers from the portal.  No need to bank on a dude that has been injured 3 of the 4 years he has been in college.  I think Texas is going to get some dudes that will be ready to compete on a CFP contending team.  If Neyor shows up in the spring killing it, great.  If not, Texas still needs to get 1-2 portal WRs that are ready to go.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He was in the portal or was about to portal last year, but either took his name out or never actually entered.

He was loud during the 2022 recruiting cycle and he hasn't done a thing at A&M. I don't think he even plays special teams. Money well spent.

If I remember right, I think he entered the ported thinking he’d find an NIL payday and quickly found out there wasn’t a big marker for twitter warriors who are shitty at football. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

to be fair that is because he pretty much hasn't been on the team. 1 game total in 2 years.

image.png.23f90439730abdffa70e53d01be43b0c.png

last year he doesn't even make the chart:

image.png.6942f46fb1afb1a0fe444ac58bcd49a4.png

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Nah. Jeremiah Smith is a true freshman baller coming in. They have some really good young guys on campus right now too. 

He was one of the inevitable high 4-star/5 star receivers they get that didn't pan out. He actually got a lot of PT, but never really became a top target.

You probably know better than me, but he was their 3rd leading WR this year, and Harrison is gone next year and I think Egbuka is as well. Even with good young guys coming in, they aren’t going to push out their leading returning WR. 

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

You probably know better than me, but he was their 3rd leading WR this year, and Harrison is gone next year and I think Egbuka is as well. Even with good young guys coming in, they aren’t going to push out their leading returning WR. 

I think he's like their JWhitt. Injury history, great blocker and effort guy, passed up as a receiver by younger guys. 

9 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I think he's like their JWhitt. Injury history, great blocker and effort guy, passed up as a receiver by younger guys. 

This is accurate. Former 5-star actually at receiver unlike JWhitt. Came in with great expectations, had a few injuries here and there but wasn't wowing people either way. Hard to stand out when you have guys like MHJ, Wilson, Olave, Egbuka, and JSN in the same room, but still.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

outside of the usual?

baa1c834-3907-4432-bd2b-8a81777fd455_192

the key guys they have there in Knowles on defense and Hartline on offense are going to get interviews. Knowles is evidently high on the list for Duke.

but what's more likely is that the staff had their talks with players recently and that's why dudes are hitting the portal

I think Ryan Day is just horrible at evaluations. The further they get away from Meyer's guys the less success he's going to have. They are absolutely not the same along the LOS they were under Meyer and don't have a NFL MVP QB leading them anymore and likely don't have one on campus.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Meh, fuck you.  I didn’t make my post as some surefire 100% confidence thing.  I was trying to generate conversation that might gives us a clearer picture as to what our needs are.  Drawing from your reply, we might only need 2 WR and a TE.

Yes, but when your post was so laughably shitty, did you expect any different from this site?

• Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He's their Jordan Whittington in terms of raw production. Always behind 2+ NFL guys.

29 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Fleming is a good WR. It's really hard for me to go along with the premise that he "didn't pan out" given his production and status as the #3 guy. I think Whittington panned out in a similar way. Maybe not 1st round picks, but very helpful starting college football players. Maybe it's a difference in how people see the floors/ceilings for highly rated 4 and 5 star guys. If they're productive starters for really good teams, that's a damned good floor. If they become legends of the game, that's of course the ceiling. 

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think Ryan Day is just horrible at evaluations. The further they get away from Meyer's guys the less success he's going to have. They are absolutely not the same along the LOS they were under Meyer and don't have a NFL MVP QB leading them anymore and likely don't have one on campus.

While I agree with the premise of them getting worse due to the OL neglect, I don't feel like we're seeing it as much so far as I expected. That said, I've said this on here before, but anyone who hasn't gone and reviewed OSU's last 4 (including 2024) classes, really should. They're highly rated, but in very Tom Herman-like ways. They can recruit the shit out of that WR room, no doubt. Building a high quality OL room? Not so much. If memory serves, there are like 2-3 other positions that are really neglected at the high end level for them as well. It's eerie how similar some of their classes are to the Texas 2018 and 2019 groups.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Why does Dillon Gabriel still have eligibility? A COVID year? He's played four full college seasons and three games in a fifth. These guys need to move the fuck on. Tired of fifth- (Bo Nix) and sixth-year (Michael Penix) QB's.

I feel like he fucked up his leg at UCF and was "likely to never play again" in 1994.

EDIT- it was his clavicle.  Close enough.

Edited by Liquor and Poker

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.