2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

if I am playing along and say we actually landed him, it would create a very interesting Johntay Cook problem. Is the answer simply to move Johntay to the other side? Perhaps, but he would be on portal watch.

I don't understand any of this. Is there some reason Cook and Williams couldn't coexist? 

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I think Williams is an extreme longshot to be anywhere other than Bama, but if I am playing along and say we actually landed him, it would create a very interesting Johntay Cook problem. Is the answer simply to move Johntay to the other side? Perhaps, but he would be on portal watch.

Your 11 is Williams, Cook & Golden with Wingo, Moore and Nibblet backing them up.  Golden and Nibblet are your kick returners.  I think your 12 is Williams and Cook. 10 is Williams, Cook, Golden and Wingo.  That's a really young and incredibly explosive group.  You are trading experience and floor for Williams, but it's a trade you should make every day.  

Just now, Red Five said:

I don't understand any of this. Is there some reason Cook and Williams couldn't coexist? 

NO

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I think Williams is an extreme longshot to be anywhere other than Bama, but if I am playing along and say we actually landed him, it would create a very interesting Johntay Cook problem. Is the answer simply to move Johntay to the other side? Perhaps, but he would be on portal watch.

Johntay is going to be in the slot next year. 

38 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Because the offensive line was shitty and half of a RB’s job is pass protection. Not quite that simple.

Imagine waking up in this day and age of Texas Longhorn football and feeling the need to stan for Tom Herman's coaching and personnel choices. What a time to be alive. 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Pretty sure we primarily have Tim Beck to thank for that one. And several others. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/hold-on-let-me-call-you-back-how-bijan-robinson-rebutted-ohio-state-for-texas-thanks-to-a-stan-drayton-phone-call/

Okay sorry everyone, I'm done posting irrelevant stuff in this thread now. But I had to make sure Bijan's legacy is properly understood 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

That is not the visit list of a coveted qb.

Murphy is still so raw and developmental -- Texas found ways to win in spite of his turnovers... I doubt coaches at the bigger P5 programs want to drop a massive NIL QB bag on him when there are other options with a higher floor...

Edited by ATXhorn17

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

That is not the visit list of a coveted qb.

People let bias take over with Murphy because he's such a good teammate and person. Reality is, Murphy is still a very raw passer and has zero mobility. No major P5 program is taking a risk on him. Just like with Hudson Card. 

Card was a more developed passer than Murphy going into the portal and there were actually people that thought Murphy was going to end up at a USC, Georgia, LSU type school. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Duke just hired SMU OC Jonathan Brewer

The Lashlee offense is mostly pass, very little QB run? Sounds like a decent fit, Duke education, not a ridiculous amount of pressure at a basketball school. I’d have reservations about Diaz, but otherwise, Durham may be a good spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

The Lashlee offense is mostly pass, very little QB run? Sounds like a decent fit, Duke education, not a ridiculous amount of pressure at a basketball school. I’d have reservations about Diaz, but otherwise, Durham may be a good spot.

They also have a pretty good RB returning in Jaquez Moore. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.