2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

19 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, something is going on there.  They are losing a number of players they don't want to lose.

They have recruited extremely well. Only so many players can play. I'm sure that it's an eye-opening experience for somebody who was a five-star recruit to go in and realize he's going to sit for two years while some other five-star recruit who came before him is on the field. As long as they keep replacing them with five-star recruits, they're golden.  If that falls off, so will they.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/13/2023 at 11:01 PM, Hermanator said:

Not really. The portal timing sucks but he's a QB with a big arm. He's not Max Merrill out here. He's going to have a spot at a power 5 school whenever he chooses to go. 

I don't know what was said to him behind the scenes so can't say for sure if he was told he's QB3 no matter what.

That said, if Sark was counting on him to be QB2 for the playoffs and he bailed then that's plain quitting on his team. That's an important position for these next 2 games. Ask 2009/2010 Mack Brown. 

Bobby said yesterday that Sark plans on helping Maalik finding a spot because he's been such an amazing teammate and human being. So I don't think Sark is upset with him. But these next practices are going to be huge for Arch. Let's hope our line can keep Quinn clean, or he doesn't go full stupid and run into another defender with his shoulder instead of sliding. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Georgia has successfully ran the aggy 2022 bag game since 2016. Most of their players are mercenaries that could give a shit about UGA or Kirby. Kirby’s dogshit relationships with Georgia high school coaches speaks to him being an asshole. The Dawgs can get any player in the country, as long he’s not from Georgia. The discipline issues are another red flag. 

Saban has also purchased many players, but they’re not knifing him in the heart. We joke about him being the prince of darkness, but he appears to have a very high emotional IQ and is damn good at building relationships. 

The buy in is better at Bama, but Georgia has out talented them in recent years. 

I’m happy to see Georgia coming to Austin on a slight down swing. 

Aggie bag game? That bag game Georgia runs is Bama made. Aggies decided they wanted to run it and hired those Georgia guys

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, something is going on there.  They are losing a number of players they don't want to lose.

The Georgia DB Coach, Fran Brown, is leaving to take the HC job at Syracuse. This is the same guy who offered ERob the DC job there after aggy said he wasn’t even good enough to be a coordinator.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

They have recruited extremely well. Only so many players can play. I'm sure that it's an eye-opening experience for somebody who was a five-star recruit to go in and realize he's going to sit for two years while some other five-star recruit who came before him is on the field. As long as they keep replacing them with five-star recruits, they're golden.  If that falls off, so will they.

Yeah, I'm going with Occam here. too.

I'm so glad that Texas is still playing for a championship during this transition year.  You've got to think that some guys are probably not leaving (during this first window at least_ because they want to stick around for what's coming. By the time the next window opens, their options will be limited. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Georgia has successfully ran the aggy 2022 bag game since 2016. Most of their players are mercenaries that could give a shit about UGA or Kirby. Kirby’s dogshit relationships with Georgia high school coaches speaks to him being an asshole. The Dawgs can get any player in the country, as long he’s not from Georgia. The discipline issues are another red flag. 

Saban has also purchased many players, but they’re not knifing him in the heart. We joke about him being the prince of darkness, but he appears to have a very high emotional IQ and is damn good at building relationships. 

The buy in is better at Bama, but Georgia has out talented them in recent years. 

I’m happy to see Georgia coming to Austin on a slight down swing. 

What down swing? They are about to sign the number 1 class again. 

18 hours ago, PTINS said:

I don't pay for f*ckin shit, other than Burnt Ends ... but I've read a lot of f*ckin words about a lot of f*ckin kids going to a lot of f*ckin places to F*ck around, and best I can tell, nobody went any f*ckin where to do any f*ckin thing and didn't find out f*ckin shit.

So where does that leave us? F*cked!!!

You know you can actually spell "fuck" here, right? 

I don’t know if Banks/Sark wanted Staes, but we need a TE transfer, and Notre Dame usually knows what they are doing at that position. Shit.

Edited to call out our friend @texifornia. How do you like that Staes edit from your buddy? Looks like a damn cartoon character. And the real life Tennessee alternates are an abomination.

Edited by Vito Andolini

5 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I don’t know if Banks/Sark wanted Staes, but we need a TE transfer, and Notre Dame usually knows what they are doing at that position. Shit.

Edited to call out our friend @texifornia. How do you like that Staes edit from your buddy? Looks like a damn cartoon character. And the real life Tennessee alternates are an abomination.

I like Benjamin Yurosek as a grad transfer. However, there is talk (however unlikely) that Ja'tavion Sanders may return.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Bobby very initially said Staes is someone Texas would have interest in.  Then nothing happened.  Recently IT was reporting that Staes was not happening and now apparently Bobby is saying there is a chance that Sanders comes back. For the life of me I wouldn't understand that unless he is determined to make himself a 1st round pick and thinks he can do it with one more year (and no Bowers).

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Bobby very initially said Staes is someone Texas would have interest in.  Then nothing happened.  Recently IT was reporting that Staes was not happening and now apparently Bobby is saying there is a chance that Sanders comes back. For the life of me I wouldn't understand that unless he is determined to make himself a 1st round pick and thinks he can do it with one more year (and no Bowers).

I know the source isn't great but Ketchum was also saying a couple days ago that there's a real chance Sanders returns. 

I'm mot saying it happens but I think there's a better chance of it happening than people think. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I like Benjamin Yurosek as a grad transfer. However, there is talk (however unlikely) that Ja'tavion Sanders may return.

Yes, I forgot about the Stanford dude, good call. The Tree gets TE play too, along with the Iowa schools. And the concept of JT coming back is crazy, but would be an amazing development.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

JT has a lot of lowlights in both pass pro and run blocking. He's really like a pseudo-receiver right now. He could become a first rounder if he drastically improves his blocking.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.