2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

There was a tweet early in the season by someone that was somewhat of a joke but somewhat serious. It was about how a&m had been hoarding and wasting elite DL talent and hence the typical blue bloods had dropped off at the line of scrimmage. Ohio State, Alabama, LSU and such. I think nature is healing.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"Hi" is the nickname of H.I. McDonough, the main character from Raising Arizona

Arizona became a state on Valentine's Day, 1912 when William Howard Taft was President. 

Later in life, Taft was nominated to be the 10th Chief Justice of the United States by Warren G. Harding 

Warren G's hit song "Regulate" sampled the classic "I Keep Forgettin'" by Michael McDonald 

Michael McDonald sang backup for Kenny Loggins, who famously sang "Danger Zone" for the Top Gun soundtrack starring Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise starred with Demi Moore in a Few Good Men, with most people defining "few" numerically as 3

Guys, it's Trey Moore. 

PeHO.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Arizona became a state on Valentine's Day, 1912 when William Howard Taft was President. 

Later in life, Taft was nominated to be the 10th Chief Justice of the United States by Warren G. Harding 

Warren G's hit song "Regulate" sampled the classic "I Keep Forgettin'" by Michael McDonald 

Michael McDonald sang backup for Kenny Loggins, who famously sang "Danger Zone" for the Top Gun soundtrack starring Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise starred with Demi Moore in a Few Good Men, with most people defining "few" numerically as 3

Guys, it's Trey Moore. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n1o9jn69tncrogg4hc

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, UT Lax said:

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/texas/92016

Can someone please provide the projected 2024 DT depth chart and any likely portal transfers at the position?  I am worried about entering the SEC weak on the interior with Sweat, Murphy, Collins, and Carter leaving and no 4-star recruits in 2023 and 1 low 4-star in 2022 recruiting classes and no apparent targets in portal. We should be throwing all the NIL $ at Walter Nolan!

DF592457-E1ED-4DF5-AC0C-DA1F6E49362F.jpeg.faf52f2cc6f290899485e7d3d40ac3a5.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Guys, it's Trey Moore. 

Dammit it was right in front of our face the whole time

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

He's had a legit QB going on a decade now in his system. Whether it's evaluation, development, or whatever Riley knows what he's doing at that position. 

He just sucks at everything else. 

How did he develop Spencer Rattler? How did he develop Kyler Murray? How did he develop Jalen Hurts? Truth is he didn't really develop any of those guys. Caleb Williams got worse each year under Riley.

Just now, Texasborn91 said:

3 heisman winners and another finalist? What does 100% mean to you? 

So he puts players in a QB friendly offense/system that has ALWAYS produced numbers.....tell me how he developed them

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

How did he develop Spencer Rattler? How did he develop Kyler Murray? How did he develop Jalen Hurts? Truth is he didn't really develop any of those guys. Caleb Williams got worse each year under Riley.

You think he was better as a freshman than he was when he won the Heisman?

Kyler Murray looked better at A&M than OU? As did Hurts and Baker?

I'm sorry but that's a crazy take.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Riley sucks but it's undeniable that he can evaluate and develop QBs. That fact he's prioritizing transfer QBs over Nelson tells me more about Nelson than Riley. 

Nelson may just not be very good. It happens. 

I hope Saban doesn't stick around long enough to hire Riley as his OC. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Caleb Williams was really the feather in his cap to dispel the notion that he couldn't recruit and develop guys from high school.

He's back to being transfer QB reliant. Let's see how he handles not having a supernova talent like Murray, Hurts, or Williams. Mordecai looked alright, Rattler (high 5 star guy) about the same, but clearly a step down from the others.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So he puts players in a QB friendly offense/system that has ALWAYS produced numbers.....tell me how he developed them

Kyler Murray was ass at aggy, Jalen Hurts was benched at Alabama, and you really think Williams was worse in his Sophomore year when he won the Heisman? 

Come on man. Whether it's system, development, or evaluation Riley has been pretty damn good at finding elite QB play. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Kyler Murray was ass at aggy, Jalen Hurts was benched at Alabama, and you really think Williams was worse in his Sophomore year when he won the Heisman? 

Come on man. Whether it's system, development, or evaluation Riley has been pretty damn good at finding elite QB play. 

It's system....

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.