2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Doesn't look like anyone is reporting that yet - but I'm so fucking dumb I didn't make that possible connection.  That would suck.

It’s not reported anywhere, just seemed like a natural fit given their history. It’s hard to keep up with all the connections with so many players and coaches moving around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

The WR rotation will definitely be tight as usual in 2024, but it wouldn’t be shocking if we expanded the circle of trust to 4 guys instead of the 3 we rolled with this year.

We did rotate a tad more in 2021 and 2022 since we didn’t have 3 alphas (some of which was due to injuries).

Golden and Cook definitely have 2 of the spots. Then you could add a CJ Daniels and leave that 4th spot open for a Wingo/Moore. My bet is they find a speciality role for Niblett for a handful of touches to utilize his speed.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

Are we going after a TE? I believe Helm is probably the second best receiving TE we have had behind Sanders for the past 15 yrs but that’s not saying a lot. How fucking awesome has it been to see a TE wide ass open, catch the ball, then run it another 30 yds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The WR rotation will definitely be tight as usual in 2024, but it wouldn’t be shocking if we expanded the circle of trust to 4 guys instead of the 3 we rolled with this year.

We did rotate a tad more in 2021 and 2022 since we didn’t have 3 alphas (some of which was due to injuries).

Golden and Cook definitely have 2 of the spots. Then you could add a CJ Daniels and leave that 4th spot open for a Wingo/Moore. My bet is they find a speciality role for Niblett for a handful of touches to utilize his speed.

I would love to see some sort of package where we get Blue, Niblett, and Golden on the field together. That would be pretty scary. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think it depends on what the rotation looks like at TE. Sarkisian loves 12 as his base, but if we don't have 2 TEs to put on the field together, we will see more 3-4 WR looks.

• Hook 'Em 2

Bobby said he thinks the staff is willing to go into the spring with the WR room they currently have if they don’t love what is out there. Then look again during the May portal window.
edit: well interesting timing with that tweet

I think this is the correct stance. If there’s someone you really like, shoot your shot, but you recruited all these young guys for a reason; not to mention you already landed Golden. There are bigger needs on the roster.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Climax said:

Are we going after a TE? I believe Helm is probably the second best receiving TE we have had behind Sanders for the past 15 yrs but that’s not saying a lot. How fucking awesome has it been to see a TE wide ass open, catch the ball, then run it another 30 yds.

Aren’t we supposedly going to re-engage with Staes once Sanders announces?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin 

Here’s a shift, Ryan Watts will not be returning to the program.

We’re unsure if he’s going to enter the the portal or go the professional route.

Bullets are flying fast, ITers.

Anyone got a link to that spreadsheet of the Texas roster by class?

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin 

We’re unsure if he’s going to enter the the portal or go the professional route.

I think Bobby said it or someone that the contention for Watts staying was willingness to move to safety. Guess he was unwilling. 

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Anyone got a link to that spreadsheet of the Texas roster by class?

Here's a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1682239859

Looks like I'll need to update it to remove Watts. Not sure who the other safety starter will be. NT will look a lot better with Caldwell as a starter.

image.thumb.png.d57569ed17252ee13f85e9ab0e4df834.png

• Hook 'Em 2

Nahlin posted that if Nansen is the choice at LB coach he probably has a pretty good evaluation of just how good (or not) Dorian Singer is.  Might be he enters the conversation for Texas.

For those that don't remember - Dorian Singer had a big year for Arizona in 2022 and was one of the top WRs to enter the portal after the season.  USC won the recruitment and then Singer went on to have a very underwhelming season with the Trojans.

image.png.54b77edba4e15ceeab1545d771176702.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin posted that if Nansen is the choice at LB coach he probably has a pretty good evaluation of just how good (or not) Dorian Singer is.  Might be he enters the conversation for Texas.

For those that don't remember - Dorian Singer had a big year for Arizona in 2022 and was one of the top WRs to enter the portal after the season.  USC won the recruitment and then Singer went on to have a very underwhelming season with the Trojans.

Nansen opens the door to Pacific Islanders/samoans. 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He provided solid floor at corner but by the fall you would think Brooks/Muhammad would be able to provide that same floor.

I do hate that the lasting memory for some fans will be him getting toasted on Monday because he was better than that pretty much his entire time here.

Mine is of his matadoresque attempt to tackle Bryce Young. 

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Nansen opens the door to Pacific Islanders/samoans. 

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
It calls me
And no one knows how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know, how far I'll go

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fuck Singer, let’s get McMilian! If we’re going to wish cast

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin 

So, about that safety depth chart...

26 minutes ago, Vermin said:

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
It calls me
And no one knows how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know, how far I'll go

I hate that I know what this is. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bwub60 said:

do you not know what wish cast means?

Yes, which is why the post I was responding to didn’t make any sense. Neither of those (Nansen and Singer) would be wish-casting.  That’s why I clarified Singer was in the portal - thinking maybe the poster was unaware.  

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I hate that I know what this is. 

I sang it as I read it. 

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Watts has now had two schools tell him he’s a safety. By what I saw this year, he’s a safety. Hard hitter, not quite shifty enough to stay blanketed on elite receivers. 

I thought he did pretty well for us at CB this year tbh. UW beat him with some insane throws/catches but Watts was a starter all year for a reason. Not sure why we'd show him the door at CB unless he wants too much money.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.