2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel bad for both OSU and Wazzou. I'm not someone lamenting where things have gone in college football, largely because it pretty much all serves to UT's benefit, but I do regret that this happened to those guys and their fans.

Same.  And I have a soft spot in my heart for Oregon State since my dad played baseball for the Beavers in the 60s.  They've had a lot of shitty seasons, but over the past 25 years have produced a fair number of scrappy and successful years and have been fun to watch as a late night Pac 10 matchup after a day of drinking and football watching.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Same.  And I have a soft spot in my heart for Oregon State since my dad played baseball for the Beavers in the 60s.  They've had a lot of shitty seasons, but over the past 25 years have produced a fair number of scrappy and successful years and have been fun to watch as a late night Pac 10 matchup after a day of drinking and football watching.

leslie nielsen pun GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I feel bad for both OSU and Wazzou. I'm not someone lamenting where things have gone in college football, largely because it pretty much all serves to UT's benefit, but I do regret that this happened to those guys and their fans.

Not due to realignment but I have a similar perspective on college football because of a degree from another P4 school (one of the nerdy ones) that is 100% a loser in the NIL/transfer world. The "have-nots" like that school now have even less of a chance of ever having something to cheer for. In the past, we would occasionally go to a bowl game or have a 1st rounder and that was exciting. Now our best players leave every year.

Of course, I am also a UT fan so I see that side as well.

12 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Would have loved it if that dude came back, but those are very touching and sincere videos. Best of luck to the guy. Wonderful to see what a strong relationship he has with his daughter. Hook em!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Not due to realignment but I have a similar perspective on college football because of a degree from another P4 school (one of the nerdy ones) that is 100% a loser in the NIL/transfer world.

Must be pretty nerdy if you don't want to mention the name.  

1 minute ago, Texasborn91 said:

Worthy, Mitchell, Whittington…. That’s a damn good 3 deep core we may not see again for a while. Good luck boys!!

With Sark at the helm, it should be a regular thing seeing 3 really good receivers. It’s what he does 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Worthy, Mitchell, Whittington…. That’s a damn good 3 deep core we may not see again for a while. Good luck boys!!

We are going to have a top three to rival that next year. Are you not following any of this? 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, SamMan said:

Kid reminds me of Jakeem Grant. He put up 200 yds on 6 total touches vs Texas his senior year.

Had the same thought while watching Oregon St this year. Looks like he just has a different gear. Was hoping he was the guy after seeing we were in contact with one of the Beaver WRs. Wouldn’t complain if Daniels is the take, but Bolden’s speed and proven P5 performance is enticing. Plus the Golden/Bolden combo is too good to pass up.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s pretty crazy to think his transfer altered two CFP spots. We don’t make the CFP without him, and UGA probably makes it if he stays there. 

Really good point. Let's go get 20 Georgia guys.

14 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Gbenda got significantly better this year. Very excited to see him come back next year. 

I wasn't going to lose a ton of sleep if he left but having a veteran presence in the room with a coaching transition will no doubt be a positive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I wasn't going to lose a ton of sleep if he left but having a veteran presence in the room with a coaching transition will no doubt be a positive.

Fans sometimes forget players can get better with good coaching. Another year of development and he can be a solid starter or contributor next year. Two years ago the guy couldn’t diagnose a play to save his life and he played pretty decently this year. 

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I like Daniels but I think Bolden could do some serious damage in this offense. Seems that one has some stiff competition though.

Bolden’s definitely the more explosive player and has plenty of P5 experience. The guy looks like he’s built for YAC.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I like Daniels but I think Bolden could do some serious damage in this offense. Seems that one has some stiff competition though.

Daniel’s seems like he’s much of what we already have. Bolden seems like what we want Nibblet to be but he’s actually that dude. Bolden also would be a factor in kick and punt returns. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin is indicating we are out on CJ Daniels 

Not surprising given his familiarity with Hugh Freeze and Auburn being about 2 miles from his family home in Lilburn, GA.

Oh well, on to the next one (and hopefully Silas Bolden commits). 

Nahlin is still a bitch and I hope he's reading the Surly recruiting forum.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.