2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

At this time, I would like to send my condolences to Alabama fans and their extended family around the world. Prayers and blessings to all.

Wait a minute, Saban didn't die. You say he just retired. Well, fuck you all, then. You lived with the devil, you loved the devil, and now it is time for comeuppance. All your players (that we want) belong to us. Fuck you all and to all a good night.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Bevo said:

At this time, I would like to send my condolences to Alabama fans and their extended family around the world. Prayers and blessings to all.

Wait a minute, Saban didn't die. You say he just retired. Well, fuck you all, then. You lived with the devil, you loved the devil, and now it is time for comeuppance. All your players (that we want) belong to us. Fuck you all and to all a good night.

Well....Bear Bryant only lived 28 days after retirement......

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, Atticus said:

You guys are fucking insufferable. I hate when y'all get in this mode.

Surly is in the name. Not sure what site you thought you logged into this morning. Surlyhorns is something akin to a short bus and a prison bus crashing into one another in the middle of a nuclear laboratory.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

Can someone clarify a portal rule? It was my understanding that if a player enters the portal, the school can decline them coming back. Is that true? Obviously that wouldn’t be the situation with Bond. Alabama would definitely want him back, but just thinking about some other players on the roster.  

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Can someone clarify a portal rule? It was my understanding that if a player enters the portal, the school can decline them coming back. Is that true? Obviously that wouldn’t be the situation with Bond. Alabama would definitely want him back, but just thinking about some other players on the roster.  

That is correct.  Basically, you lose the claim to your scholarship when you enter the portal.  Moot point for bama but a surprise for some of those players who overvalue their importance and why you see people end up at South Alabama.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

There is no rule.  A program just uses their own discretion for accepting someone back.

Wow.

12:07 PM: Bond submitted paperwork to enter the portal

12:17 PM:  Bond is in the portal

12:20? PM:  Bond to visit Texas

This is the kind of speed Sark likes.

We're not just stirred;  we're shaken.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Bodowned said:

Bond would be a fantastic pickup based on his tape. The dude definitely has a third gear to him and could replace Worthy’s deep threat contribution.

This.  Rees used Burton for that deep role at Alabama but Bond definitely has the speed to take the top off of the defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Wow.

12:07 PM: Bond submitted paperwork to enter the portal

12:17 PM:  Bond is in the portal

12:20? PM:  Bond to visit Texas

This is the kind of speed Sark likes.

We're not just stirred;  we're shaken.

University of Tampering

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.