2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

4 hours ago, troph said:

Any Michigan portal news for us? I can’t wade through the garbage. 

I think promoting Sherrone Moore at least delayed potential portal entries, seems like the players love him(insert Rodney Terry Joke #728 here). I’m interested to see what happens once they get the rest of the staff finalized since the DC left to follow harbaugh to San Diego.  

8 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

I heard Texas...

Hit a grand slam
Nailed the visit
Moving up his list
Took care of business
Did what it needed to, to hold serve

I heard the ball was on the 1 yard line 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

The Internet is telling me there are hot grandmas within wheelchair distance that want to have 23skiddoo with me before 9:30 bedtime.

No way 930 bedtime - has to be 800 at latest catching zzzzzz’s 

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Someone will have to tell Bama fans to study up on how Michigan seems to have largely avoided the evil, no-good, unfair, one-way portal.

They brainwashed them with the "Nobody has it better than us" BS and then picked the dude who cried with them on national TV. The players don't realize what a trainwreck Moore is going to be and the players think he is Harbaugh Jr. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Someone will have to tell Bama fans to study up on how Michigan seems to have largely avoided the evil, no-good, unfair, one-way portal.

The Michigan players love and are pretty loyal to Moore, the Bama players don't have that connection w/ DeBoer.  Plus, Saban was the sole reason many players went to Bama.  Once he left, nothing to hold them there. 

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Not to mention they hired a coach that has shown absolutely no loyalty. Not that he necessarily should.

If he wins at Bama he’s going to the NFL within 3 years. He was already a leading candidate for the Seahawks job.

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. Michigan has an NIL program, for one.

Additioanlly, it's a lot easier to avoid the portal when Harbaugh announced he was leaving like 2 days before schools stopped accepting students enrolling and adding classes. 

I think that is key.  If you want to terminate a coach this would be the best time to do it.

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. Michigan has an NIL program, for one.

Additioanlly, it's a lot easier to avoid the portal when Harbaugh announced he was leaving like 2 days before schools stopped accepting students enrolling and adding classes. 

I guess the spring portal will be interesting to watch for Michigan players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think getting talent from a school like Michigan in the spring will be difficult.  I don't think many players in starting or heavy rotational spots will want to re-enroll, hit reset, and compete for a spot again in the fall.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I guess the spring portal will be interesting to watch for Michigan players. 

it's going to be wild as hell across the board man. a ton of players whose team hired a new position coach or head coach will be entering the portal

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

May be nothing, but worth monitoring: Michigan DL Grant has started to follow some Texas related social media accounts. Saw it here: https://ontexasfootball.com/forums/topic/208-s-c-coach-for-michigan-is-leaving/#comment-1967

Wake me up when he starts following the volleyball players and swimmers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

Michigan DT Kenneth Grant’s latest Instagram story (after Michigan lost their S&C coach, plus his Texas follows)

IMG_2576.jpeg

A bit more from the Michigan on3 site (titled “From a former student who is on the team”)

IMG_2578.jpeg

Edited by CaseMcCoyTruther
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

A bit more the Michigan on3 site (titled “From a former student who is on the team”)

IMG_2578.jpeg

Are they just being willfully oblivious about Ohio State? The highest functioning NIL programs are Texas, Oregon and Ohio State. Then there are tranches below that. Ohio State won Downs over Georgia by making an offer that Georgia couldn't even approach. They also went with a shutdown offer to keep Sayin from doing any kind of longer term search. Yet this guy is talking Georgia NIL? Okay. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are they just being willfully oblivious about Ohio State? The highest functioning NIL programs are Texas, Oregon and Ohio State. Then there are tranches below that. Ohio State won Downs over Georgia by making an offer that Georgia couldn't even approach. They also went with a shutdown offer to keep Sayin from doing any kind of longer term search. Yet this guy is talking Georgia NIL? Okay. 

I didn’t even consider Georgia NIL as a power player alongside Texas, Ohio State, Oregon, MAYBE Ole Miss. I just assume guys go to Georgia on a discount to win and go to the NFL (like the Saban discount).

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I feel it is much like the Aggies and how they can never say anything complementary of us.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There's got to be some sort of taboo about saying that Ohio State is doing anything right on that site. Or maybe the $9.95er just doesn't want to deal with the shitshow praising Ohio State would stir up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Either way, the Grant news has the Michigan 247 board in full meltdown.  Already on page eight of a thread started just a few hours ago and one about that tweet as well.

This is the point at which you start sharing screenshots.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I think Georgia is the comparison because he is comparing the last other team to win a National Championship, and how they've parlayed that into continued success on paying coaches, assistants, NIL, etc.

And yet here is poor old Michigan, less than a month out from a National Championship, and all of the pets' heads are falling off.

Edited by Hornlover

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.