2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

36 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

You tell us.  What’s the plan for trump?  I mean if we’re talking about incompetence right.

No I’m talking about being physically unable to speak appropriately. Not making sense. True dementia like Joe has. His family should be ashamed for putting him through this. 

• Like 1

Trump told people to go to work with the coronavirus. Shut the fuck up.

He said we stopped it.

He said he knows more about it than anyone.

He ordered public health officials not to make public statements about a goddamned rapidly developing pandemic.

You fuckers embrace and fellate senile moronity, and then expect us to listen to you raise senility concerns while Trump’s jizz is still dribbling down your chin? Bitch please.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

If John McCain were to die before the election, the rules of the Republican Party authorize the Republican National Committee to fill the vacancy, either by reconvening a national convention or by having RNC state representatives vote. The new nominee must receive a majority vote to officially become the party candidate. If Barack Obama were to die before the election, the Democratic Party’s charter and bylaws state that responsibility for filling that vacancy would fall to the Democratic National Committee, but the rules do not specify how exactly the DNC would go about doing that. (Congress could also pass a special statute and push back Election Day, giving the dead candidate’s party time to regroup.)

So if Biden croaks, the DNC passes over Bernie to pick his replacement, all hell breaks loose. Should be fun. 

• Like 1

3 months ago, most would agree with Bernie here.

Now, having given up on what they were passionate about two weeks ago and given in to the superior power of the corporate establishment, this is now very controversial for Sanders to talk about.

We always hate the person who holds the mirror up to us.

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

When does Bernie get out is the question.  Before or after Tulsi. 

Before Tulsi, who will never officially get out of the race and will show up at cult gatherings in 2030 and say something about being the next president with a vacant, 1,000 yard stare.

But as to Bernie getting out...

2020 Democratic Primary Calendar

I'm a stupid dumbass who is wrong all the time, so Bernie might dropout on the 11th and tickle Joe's balls onstage, but if we follow the 538 projection and extrapolate I think 4/29 is the most likely. Mid-April at the earliest.

Important states left

3/10
Michigan - 125
Washington - 89

If/when Bernie loses these, I don't think it's going to matter to him much even if it's 15+ point blowouts. There's a head-to-head debate on 3/15 and he is going to want that no matter how 3/10 plays out.

3/17
Florida - 219
Illinois - 115
Ohio - 136

This is where Biden can build an uncatchable delegate lead and start the process of negotiating the unification. If Biden wins these convincingly, Bernie won't be able to find enough delegates to catch/pass Biden. After this, if he's not within a few points, Bernie is just fighting for negotiation leverage, not the nomination.

I think the only way Bernie drops out in this waiting period is if he's (1) WAY behind (10+ points) and (2) Biden has worked out a deal with him on policy/procedure. Bernie will have gotten millions and millions of votes and isn't going to let his platform completely die just so Biden doesn't have to work hard.

BUT, if Bernie IS within a couple of points and momentum looks good for him, there's still a chunk left to fight for and a massive amount of time between major contests (3/17 to 4/28) that is going to have multiple debates, a bunch of news cycles, and dozens of massive rallies for Bernie to try and capitalize on.

4/28
New York - 274
Pennsylvania - 186

49 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

3 months ago, most would agree with Bernie here.

Now, having given up on what they were passionate about two weeks ago and given in to the superior power of the corporate establishment, this is now very controversial for Sanders to talk about.

We always hate the person who holds the mirror up to us.

Everything is a fucking conspiracy. 

• Like 1

"How dare anyone express an opinion on the hotness of any women ever?," he types on a site where dudes do that about 12 times an hour.
Jesus the dude played hot or not eleven years ago on Twitter. 

Dude....come on. He shit on Michelle Obama, and also Barack (keep reading). That’s a real exacta - he managed to alienate both black voters AND suburban white women (who LOVE them some Michelle Obama). Dumb move.
I like Warren and will readily admit her multiple dumb moves, but Bernie...he’s a god who can do no wrong.
That you can’t see yourself (and many like you) displaying the same cult-of-personality he-can-do-no-wrong, God who has come to save us crap with respect to Bernie that sane Americans find so damned baffling and disturbing in its current incarnation (the Trump cult) is just sad and weak.
I don’t want a Godking as my president. I don’t care if it’s a Trump cult or a Bernie cult, fuck cults. Snap out of it, man - you’re more self-aware than this.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude....come on. He shit on Michelle Obama, and also Barack (keep reading). That’s a real exacta - he managed to alienate both black voters AND suburban white women (who LOVE them some Michelle Obama). Dumb move.
I like Warren and will readily admit her multiple dumb moves, but Bernie...he’s a god who can do no wrong.
That you can’t see yourself (and many like you) displaying the same cult-of-personality he-can-do-no-wrong, God who has come to save us crap with respect to Bernie that sane Americans find so damned baffling and disturbing in its current incarnation (the Trump cult) is just sad and weak.
I don’t want a Godking as my president. I don’t care if it’s a Trump cult or a Bernie cult, fuck cults. Snap out of it, man - you’re more self-aware than this.

Eleven years go. And he's a graphic designer. 

Eleven years go. And he's a graphic designer. 

Then don’t elevate him to an announced position in your campaign. Unforced error. Your god king has made a lot of them. Not that you’ll acknowledge anything but 1) his perfection, and 2) anyone who disagrees is really a fascist.
Not a good look on you, man.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Then don’t elevate him to an announced position in your campaign. Unforced error. Your god king has made a lot of them. Not that you’ll acknowledge anything but 1) his perfection, and 2) anyone who disagrees is really a fascist.
Not a good look on you, man.

Sanders is not my god king. I would have gladly settled for Warren. Your obsession with Trump is not a good look on you, man. 

• Like 1

Sanders is not my god king. I would have gladly settled for Warren. Your obsession with Trump is not a good look on you, man. 

My obsession is with the cult. My obsession is with the idea that a man is greater than our country. Trump is a symptom - raving populism, with zero pragmatism or practicality, is the disease.
I don’t have any particular love for Biden. I can list some things I really don’t like about him, and it won’t be a short list. But the insane, single-minded hate from the Bernie crowd, and utter, unmitigated contempt for anyone who doesn’t share their 100% loyalty to Bernie, looks almost exactly like Trumpist
Populism. That you can’t see the similarities is troubling.
Most people just don’t want to be governed by a cult of assholes - it may not be the highest bar, but it’s one that really matters to most folks. That means they don’t want Trump. It also means that they don’t want you and Bernie.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

My obsession is with the cult. My obsession is with the idea that a man is greater than our country. Trump is a symptom - raving populism, with zero pragmatism or practicality, is the disease.
I don’t have any particular love for Biden. I can list some things I really don’t like about him, and it won’t be a short list. But the insane, single-minded hate from the Bernie crowd, and utter, unmitigated contempt for anyone who doesn’t share their 100% loyalty to Bernie, looks almost exactly like Trumpist
Populism. That you can’t see the similarities is troubling.
Most people just don’t want to be governed by a cult of assholes - it may not be the highest bar, but it’s one that really matters to most folks. That means they don’t want Trump. It also means that they don’t want you and Bernie.

He is the mirror image of Trump -- especially when it comes to self-aggrandizing lies.

Your "god-king" is getting rid of Trump and it has blinded you to the point where you are also in cult. My cult remains that of ideas and not men and women. Of course those ideas are verboten in today's America. This much we have seen as the vessels of those ideas -- Sanders and Warren -- have been shunted aside so that we can remain on the same course that gave us Trump. Barring a black swan event, it will come down to Trump vs Biden. Trumpism or the Cause of Trumpism. Pick your poison. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He is the mirror image of Trump -- especially when it comes to self-aggrandizing lies.

Your "god-king" is getting rid of Trump and it has blinded you to the point where you are also in cult. My cult remains that of ideas and not men and women. Of course those ideas are verboten in today's America. This much we have seen as the vessels of those ideas -- Sanders and Warren -- have been shunted aside so that we can remain on the same course that gave us Trump. Barring a black swan event, it will come down to Trump vs Biden. Trumpism or the Cause of Trumpism. Pick your poison. 

Huh? Are you seriously arguing that Biden is the Cause of Trumpism? That people who oppose trump because they realize he is the worst human being to ever walk the planet are in a “Cult” because they don’t want the worst human being to ever walk the planet to be the president? 

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Everything is a fucking conspiracy. 

"The point is that any analytic commentary on the institutional structure of the country is so threatening to the commisar class they can't even hear the words."

"How many of them would be cynical? ... because most of them completely believe because that's how systems work."

You are not even trying to argue with the content of what Sanders says because you're reflexively defensive of the system you believe in. You can't even hear his words.

Some questions for you:
- When Sanders says "the power of the establishment" "force(d)" people out of the race, what do you think he is saying?
- How do you think the three-headed endorsement the night before Super Tuesday came to be? Were their a lot of behind-the-scenes conversations between power players or was it just a weird concidence?

You can dismiss those who speak some unpopular truth as conspiracy theorists, but there is QAnon and Pizzagate and Alex Jones out there. You will make the centrists here who hate me personally very excited by lumping me in with other people they hate, but it's logically unsound and doesn't actually explain or help anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Huh? Are you seriously arguing that Biden is the Cause of Trumpism?

When one's primary identity is anti-Something, it dramatically increases the likelihood that that individual becomes the Something they hate.

So if you are willing to say a liar isn't a liar because you hate a liar... you're on extremely thin ice in many ways.

That people who oppose trump because they realize he is the worst human being to ever walk the planet are in a “Cult” because they don’t want the worst human being to ever walk the planet to be the president? 

Donald Trump is not the worst human being to ever walk the planet. He's not even the worst human being to ever be in the Oval Office.

He's terrible and we need to get him out. But if we accomplish that by purposefully losing touch with reality we blunt our ability to achieve progressive and positive change, not just because we will lose sight, but because voters will see us lying and losing sight and we lose them, as well.

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

When one's primary identity is anti-Something, it dramatically increases the likelihood that that individual becomes the Something they hate.

So if you are willing to say a liar isn't a liar because you hate a liar... you're on extremely thin ice in many ways.

Donald Trump is not the worst human being to ever walk the planet. He's not even the worst human being to ever be in the Oval Office.

He's terrible and we need to get him out. But if we accomplish that by purposefully losing touch with reality we blunt our ability to achieve progressive and positive change, not just because we will lose sight, but because voters will see us lying and losing sight and we lose them, as well.

Well now I’m curious. Who in your opinion is the worst human being to ever occupy the White House if not trump? 

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

8e73b09b8d7a066d7782959f619132f8db68b53e

Michelle Obama?

First off, that's ridiculous.  Michelle's nice.

Second off--if we're expanding the "worst person to ever occupy the White House" to spouses and other people who lived there, then the answer is very clearly Amy Carter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

No he might have been the worst president ever but he’s not the worst human being ever, not even close. There is a difference. 

Explain.

I would be interested to know how the president who actively lied to start a series of wars that has killed over a million innocent people, pumped the fascist surveillance state full of steroids, and approved of both torture and melting children in Falljuah alive with white phosphorus is a better human being than Donald Trump. Because of Twitter? Because of financial fraud? Because of his awful treatment of women? Because he paints veterans in his retirement? Because he gave Michelle candy and dabbed with Ellen?

Trump is a piece of shit. Biden the leaky-brained segregationist would be an upgrade over Donald Trump.

Donald Trump, however, is neither the worst president nor human to be in the Oval Office. Someone worse has been there before and someone worse will come later. Perspective matters.

22 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Did Bernie make any efforts to woo endorsements from Klobuchar, Buttigieg, or Bloomberg? Or was he simply "my way or the highway", f you guys, 

Is Bernie somehow obligated to ask people for their endorsements?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

He's not the worst human ever but he is the worst to be president by a factor of a hundred.

He has been in my top 5 worst person list since about 1987.

There's not much to explain. He posses the most abhorrent qualities a man can possibly have. They only thing that stops him from literally torturing people is that he is a colossal pussy.

The Unabomber was a legitimately better person.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Explain.

I would be interested to know how the president who actively lied to start a series of wars that has killed over a million innocent people, pumped the fascist surveillance state full of steroids, and approved of both torture and melting children in Falljuah alive with white phosphorus is a better human being than Donald Trump. Because of Twitter? Because of financial fraud? Because of his awful treatment of women? Because he paints veterans in his retirement? Because he gave Michelle candy and dabbed with Ellen?

Trump is a piece of shit. Biden the leaky-brained segregationist would be an upgrade over Donald Trump.

Donald Trump, however, is neither the worst president nor human to be in the Oval Office. Someone worse has been there before and someone worse will come later. Perspective matters.

Is Bernie somehow obligated to ask people for their endorsements?

Obligated?  No.  He’s trying to win an election.  You do that by getting more votes than the other guy.  To not talk to or listen to people who can help you get more votes is idiotic if your goal is to win.  And if his goal is not to win by any means necessary, including compromise, he has no business whatsoever being the nominee in this particular election.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Trump is so terribly flawed and incompetent (and too much of a coward) to ultimately accomplish much, which puts a big governor on how much damage he can do (so far anyway ... hopefully it continues).   But he has far worse intentions and values than anyone who has held the office in my lifetime.  

Exactly. Imagine how many hypothetical brown people he has killed. Way more than the real ones Bush did. 

• Like 1