Paul Finebaum Unsigned

Cairn Horn88

14 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

What is his perceived leverage?  CBS?  they have one SEC game a week.  Fox, NBC  - nope.  Why would ESPN bid up themselves?

This is Jim Rome all over again, he has no real audience outside of his SEC safe space.

if you can suck sec sec secock you can suck any cock (at least that is what pauls agent is telling him)

Cracks me up that the SEC is furious with ESPN for starting an ACC network. They are saying that Skipper and Slive had an agreement that ESPN would only carry the SEC network and no other conference networks. I guess the SEC doesn't like competition. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Franklin was an all time great but he was losing it pretty badly at the end.

Yeah, in the late 90s/early 00s, long before ESPN suckfest for the SEC, I used to love watching the Saturday night SEC games with Franklin making the calls.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, what you're saying is that this may not end well for Senor Finebaum with ESPN? 

If they follow precedent then Finebaum will be out on his ass.

However, if they adhere to the Stephen A. Smith Corollary they will give him a huge raise.

I think he's pretty valuable to them as that is a rabid and reliable audience he brings. An extension for him seems like the kind of thing that they would purposely announce a few days ahead of SEC media days to bring some added attention. Feeding dirt to Clay Travis only hurts his negotiating position I would think

4 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Buckeye fans would eat him alive.

But it's like the old quote "any publicity (even negative callers attempting to rip on Finebaum), is still good publicity"... And it would expand his reach, as is Buckeyes don't call into his show; at least I wouldn't imagine that they do...

On 6/28/2018 at 7:27 PM, RDCanecutter said:

Man, that show was like waking up in the drunk tank of Cullman County.

I live on the Cullman County line, never been in the drunk tank there, but I did have an incident with some "weed". The judge was surprisingly easy, only paid a $250.00 fine.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kopp0e said:

But it's like the old quote "any publicity (even negative callers attempting to rip on Finebaum), is still good publicity"... And it would expand his reach, as is Buckeyes don't call into his show; at least I wouldn't imagine that they do...

Buckeye fans call in to the s$#t show, even Texas Longhorn fans call in. The one good thing about Finebaums show being national is showing all fanbases have some real morons.

3 minutes ago, bornbama1 said:

Buckeye fans call in to the s$#t show, even Texas Longhorn fans call in. The one good thing about Finebaums show being national is showing all fanbases have some real morons.

blOw-U's number in the tens of thousands and aggy is well over a million. We only have 224, total. I counted 'em. And 124 of 'em post on here. It used to be 129, but 5 couldn't figure out how to migrate from The Shag.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Finebaum is the most undeserving of a job in broadcasting in media history. He should be digging ditches (nttawwt).

He brings a voice to a very passionate region, and that allows for enjoyment of many who tune into the show, as some it is to either be for or against the callers opinions...

8 hours ago, bornbama1 said:

He draws them all in, but when those Alabama fans call, it makes me glad I don't live in the south. I listen to the 4:30-5:30 slot coming home from work, and half of the callers are complaining about the other half. He's Jerry Springer on radio. 

5 hours ago, kopp0e said:

He brings a voice to a very passionate region, and that allows for enjoyment of many who tune into the show, as some it is to either be for or against the callers opinions...

You've got to remember that he brings a voice to these people that are just simple farmers.  These are the people of the land.  The common clay of the New West.

You know... morons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, utee94 said:

You've got to remember that he brings a voice to these people that are just simple farmers.  These are the people of the land.  The common clay of the New West.

You know... morons.

And truck drivers, and guys like Big Lew who can get you life insurance for you because your new trophy wife wants some (He's only on #2)

On 6/28/2018 at 4:10 PM, cafe society said:

He is a million times worse than Finebaum, difficult as that is to believe.

FOX doesn't have SEC, they don't care; if they did, they would swoop in and sign asshat Travis, he is much more aligned with FOX as a whole.  CBS SPORTS is a far more likely landing spot for Finebaum.

Travis is already part of Fox Sports, I think they bought OKTC, but maybe that all blew up.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:19 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

What is his perceived leverage?  CBS?  they have one SEC game a week.  Fox, NBC  - nope.  Why would ESPN bid up themselves?

This is Jim Rome all over again, he has no real audience outside of his SEC safe space.

That was the old modus operandi of ESPN, and how the outbid themselves for NFL product, but I don't see ESPN using that to get SEC tier 1 now...

On 6/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, Sbbruin said:

If you listen to the hayseeds that call in to his Sirius show, it is freaking high comedy.  They make Joe Dirt sound like William Shakespeare.

Hands down my favorite ever was watching the SEC network immediately after Clemson beat Bama two years ago. Finebuam and the rest of the SEC apologists were taking calls right after the game. It was comical watching the callers and the SEC homers cry on air trying to make excuses for the loss. 

4 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Hands down my favorite ever was watching the SEC network immediately after Clemson beat Bama two years ago. Finebuam and the rest of the SEC apologists were taking calls right after the game. It was comical watching the callers and the SEC homers cry on air trying to make excuses for the loss. 

95% of callers were probably aggy? secsecsec.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, RD3 said:

It's great for SEC Network because he is just simulcasting a radio show every day for what 3 hours?  The production costs are small and he's got "live" content.

I wonder if LHN ever thought of simulcasting Bucky & Erin in the morning? 

B&E doesn't have enough good content to pull that off. Half of their shows is Bucky dicking around with random thoughts and Erin trying to spin jokes off of them. I don't think you could fill numerous hours of a call in show about one school. The SEC has 14 inbred fanbases and schools of lesser education as subject matter, not to mention the rampant cheating.