Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

17 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Miami is probably a borderline top 10-15 job in college baseball. They should be making it out of regionals pretty regularly in my mind.

It's better than that - they have the second most CWS appearances behind us and are #3 in all time winning percentage. Also four national titles.

They are a the very definition of a "blue blood" in the sport. I'm not sure who else you definitely put above them other than Texas, LSU, and USC (although they don't seem to give a shit anymore - no CWS appearances in the last 20+ years). 

Edited by The Dog

51 minutes ago, The Dog said:

It's better than that - they have the second most CWS appearances behind us and are #3 in all time winning percentage. Also four national titles.

They are a the very definition of a "blue blood" in the sport. I'm not sure who else you definitely put above them other than Texas, LSU, and USC (although they don't seem to give a shit anymore - no CWS appearances in the last 20+ years). 

Yeah, on second thought they are easily a top 10 job and probably borderline top 5. I am just unsure on their current commitment level to baseball. Now there is chatter they may just promote their pitching coach to the head spot which is odd.

They have had a lot of previous success but their fan support, NIL and level of caring seem to lag behind a lot of SEC schools and Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah, on second thought they are easily a top 10 job and probably borderline top 5. I am just unsure on their current commitment level to baseball. Now there is chatter they may just promote their pitching coach to the head spot which is odd.

They have had a lot of previous success but their fan support, NIL and level of caring seem to lag behind a lot of SEC schools and Texas.

Didn't he pitch for them in the '00's? Name sounds familiar 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Historical ranking based on past success and where a job ranks on how attractive it would be to a coach now are two different things. Miami dwarfs Tennessee in terms of historical success as a baseball program but you could make the very real argument that Tennessee is currently a more attractive job than Miami. 

Using this example because I’ve seen Miami fans floating Vitello’s name around.

Arizona State is another program that historically is really good but most coaches right now would put 20-25 programs ahead of Arizona State on the pecking order

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Historical ranking based on past success and where a job ranks on how attractive it would be to a coach now are two different things. Miami dwarfs Tennessee in terms of historical success as a baseball program but you could make the very real argument that Tennessee is currently a more attractive job than Miami. 

No way

• Drool 1

22 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Which USC are we talking about here?

Not that it matters, because I also hate Miami way more than either USC.

Two different hates, hate the Thug U and their history w/us, but hate USC  due to the media slurpage they got w/ Bush and ballroom dancer Leinert, and their cheating asses.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Reread it.

This was expected after Matthews threw 160 pitches or whatever last weekend.

Going with their ace in game 2. Right. See this is why I am an engineer.

Matthews is Left Handed so DOOOOMED.

Edited by Valmy77

30 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It’s an easy mistake to make since it’s a Saturday Sunday Monday series. I did the same thing because game 2s are usually Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Game logs for Dixon. He has been consistently average to slightly above average. Has never given up more than 4 earned in a start but also doesn't have many shutdown starts. 

image.thumb.png.58dd436b0373b1cdb9a01a9d026fe7e4.png

That seems better for us imo. If we can stay at his mean then we get 2-4 runs in the first 5 innings. That a good position with a guy like Lucas going for us

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, El Squared said:

Brings me back to sitting around in Jester , getting stoned, ordering a thundercloud sub and listing to the entire 3 album Yessongs while staring at Roger Deans album artwork….

You forgot the "Tales From Topographic Oceans", "Tormato", and "Relayer" albums.

Saw Yes in concert in the Houston area twice, in The Summit for the "Big Generator" tour and at Woods Pavilion for the incredible "Union" album tour.

20 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Typical funky left hander with bit of old school wind-up.

Big drop from his fastball to breaking ball. He's hittable, (though aggy didnt really touch him on Monday night) but we need a win tonight.

I usually don’t have this kind of recruiting insight but this particular situation is a little unique. Never been someone to try to string people along and try to be Mr. Insider.

The kid committed to the coaches and said he was going to announce publicly “soon”.

The only thing not hateable about Miami - the entire city - is Spoelstra and Butler. That city and that school are filled with greaseballs. Cheesiest city in America. Very fitting their field is named for A Rod. 

And lol on downplaying USC football success (15 minutes) and to a lesser extent baseball success. Through the 70s nobody had dominated college athletics like LA’s two schools. 

7 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

The only thing not hateable about Miami - the entire city - is Spoelstra and Butler. That city and that school are filled with greaseballs. Cheesiest city in America. Very fitting their field is named for A Rod. 

And lol on downplaying USC football success (15 minutes) and to a lesser extent baseball success. Through the 70s nobody had dominated college athletics like LA’s two schools. 

This post is bad.

USC as a baseball program hasn’t been relevant for 25 years. They weren’t relevant for 20 years prior to that. It’s been 50 years since the 70s

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

This post is bad.

USC as a baseball program hasn’t been relevant for 25 years. They weren’t relevant for 20 years prior to that. It’s been 50 years since the 70s

I know. Would be interested to know exactly what I posted that contradicts this truth. It’s been 45 years since their great run ended and the 70s was 43 years ago, though. 

Edited by Porterhouse