Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

But I thought our guys were waiting for the changeup yesterday?

I get that you are looking for little gotcha's, but no.  They SHOULD have been sitting dead on the offspeed stuff (which is what I said dozens of times yesterday).  Instead, they sat up there looking for nothing and reacting to pitches - which is why they were fooled by the changeup time and time again.

Try again.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Flores is no doubt really talented, but suffering some growing pains making the jump to college. Hopefully it pays dividends the next couple of years. 

He's got the same problem most of these dudes do.  He pulls off pitches instead of trying to go other way or through the box.  He will never hit a curve doing that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

And Flores on cue to kill any momentum. Man he fucking sucks. 

Yep.  Hips out and can't do anything but sweep through the zone.  Brown did the same thing in his at bat.  Whole team minus 1 or two guys have been doing it all series.

They won't pitch inside much at all...no need to.  Pound the outside of the zone and we'll try to pull it...weak ground balls and floaters all day.