Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

*shared with 2 other teams in the worst year ever for big 12 baseball

Um the worst year ever? I am sure you have done extensive research to establish that. 6 teams in the tournament, 2 in the Supers, and 1 in Omaha is the worst the Big 12 has ever done? You sure? You have carefully studied every Big 12 season and confirmed they have never done worse than that?

And further, who gives a fuck? The football team has wet dreams about winning a shitty Big 12 season. A championship is a championship. 80 conference titles and counting. So suck on that.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

Here is the explanation.  Anyone who's played the game awhile will tell you this is exactly what happened.  That ball was hammered straight up...a true pop up to the outfield.

In HS, we had to do this drill with your back to the batter hitting fungo, it was a bitch.  Even at 3pm in Dallas.

I get anxiety still when I can't see the ball leaving the bat on tv.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Augie won his first nc at texas in year 5

cliff won his in year 8

falk won 2 in year 3 and 4

time for pierce to win one in year 8 or gtfo

I do hope you realize that when Cliff and Falk were first coaching, anywhere from 4 to 8 teams made the postseason. Total.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That wasn't even remotely the same thing as the Arkansas play. The only guy that could find that ball was our short stop.

I thought the only person who saw it was Gordon, because he tracked it off the end of the bat.  I don't even think the cameraman saw it.  

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Thing was, that was a super-hard hit for a pop fly, so I'm guessing it went sky high before anyone in the OF could start tracking it.

And if you have to start tracking it on the way down, you're fucked.  And if it's coming almost straight down in twilight, you're superfucked.

My immediate thought when it left the bat was "fuck yea". Then immediately next thought was "man that's gona be high af pop up"...then the camera view changed to the fielders...sad face. 

Such a shitty way to go down and ball drop by DC and Kennedy near by. They will never forget that. Great season from yall, fellas. 

i'm still shocked.

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Wait someone claimed that? Oh man, I remember those years at the dell diamond pretty vividly. And that’s just the last 15 years 

I said this was pretty low right when I lost my breath. Yeah and typed 89 was probably worse. Texas lows are usually with championships on the line. That was tonight.  No one is to blame but damn when you lose your breath and everyone is stunned and a CWS berth is on the line it’s pretty fucking traumatic. Folks want to quibble fine. Every last one of you mother fuckers that love Texas baseball will always remember this heart break. That’s a pretty serious low.

• Hook 'Em 3

Y’all remember in 06 wen #4 Texas & Colt McCoy lost to K-State and most of us seen purple spots?? 

well I don’t feel like that, This team was supposed to be re-building and definitely not supposed to be here hell of a year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I thought the only person who saw it was Gordon, because he tracked it off the end of the bat.  I don't even think the cameraman saw it.  

Nope. That’s why it was such a wide shot.

Ignorant ass football board troglodytes who are pissed Texas lost in heartbreaking fashion are the problem here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Honestly just gutted for Dylan, solo shot in game 2 against ECU last year to give Texas the lead, then walked it off in the 9th. 38 game hit streak this year, game tying single in the 8th, incredible career and yet he will probably never be able to get over what just happened..

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

I said this was pretty low right when I lost my breath. Yeah and typed 89 was probably worse. Texas lows are usually with championships on the line. That was tonight.  No one is to blame but damn when you lose your breath and everyone is stunned and a CWS berth is on the line it’s pretty fucking traumatic. Folks want to quibble fine. Every last one of you mother fuckers that love Texas baseball will always remember this heart break. That’s a pretty serious low.

I remember the low in 04. I also remember sitting in Rosenblatt watching us dogpile in 05.

Texas baseball hurts, because much is always expected, but eventually it always delivers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

My immediate thought when it left the bat was "fuck yea". Then immediately next thought was "man that's gona be high af pop up"...then the camera view changed to the fielders...sad face. 

Such a shitty way to go down and ball drop by DC and Kennedy near by. They will never forget that. Great season from yall, fellas. 

i'm still shocked.

Yeah, the whiplash of emotions in those few moments was unreal.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

We are getting some peak @GreenspointTexas tonight.

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Nope. That’s why it was such a wide shot.

Ignorant ass football board troglodytes who are pissed Texas lost in heartbreaking fashion are the problem here. 

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

We lost a lot of our team from Omaha last season. Good year. From how we sucked out loud to start the season to now, I'm proud.

Pretty much the entirety of the baseball board right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

The low is that it was winnable.  Both teams seemed pretty evenly matched, but the home field advantage turned out to be a real thing, and not just the crowd.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Shut up you little pussy. It was heart breaking but I wouldn’t say traumatic.

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Y’all remember in 06 wen #4 Texas & Colt McCoy lost to K-State and most of us seen purple spots?? 

well I don’t feel like that, This team was supposed to be re-building and definitely not supposed to be here hell of a year. 

Yea, for me it’s the game 3 loss to LSU in 09. I really thought that team had it in them. 

This sucks but all the attrition, early season woes and wtf moments this year say we shouldn’t have even been this close to the promised land again.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If pierce doesnt win the CWS next year, itll be the longest a coach at Texas has been before winning a NC in 100 years of Texas baseball

Good point that nothing has changed in over 100 years in college sports which allows for a direct comparison. Especially lately. Nothing at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I remember the low in 04. I also remember sitting in Rosenblatt watching us dogpile in 05.

Texas baseball hurts, because much is always expected, but eventually it always delivers. 

04 was low but not like this imo, I was there and I thought about it for a second and no I was sad but it wasn’t take your breath away shocking like this and 89 well, fuck me running college baseball is supposed to be double elim.

4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Honestly just gutted for Dylan, solo shot in game 2 against ECU last year to give Texas the lead, then walked it off in the 9th. 38 game hit streak this year, game tying single in the 8th, incredible career and yet he will probably never be able to get over what just happened..

Yeah, some Craig Curry shit right there.  He was weeping.

I mean, he and Kennedy are a couple of the better OF to play at Texas, so it's a real shit happens kind of deal.

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Great now we got aggies sticking up for us

pierce absolutely has to win a NC in the next 2-3 seasons or hes toast. End of story

Oh fuck you, continuously, with a syphillitic goat dildo.

Or something like that.

• Hook 'Em 1